Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MUST READ. leak problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 12:58 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

There is a Lawyer in California working on a Class Action suite in federal court who is looking for people who have had safety issues with this leak (i.e. Smart Junction Box Failures while driving, Car cutting out, Lights going wacky Ext.)

Ken Lipton
Law Offices of Kenneth M. Lipton
5900 Sepulveda Blvd, #400
Van Nuys, CA 91411-2511
1 (818) 780-3562

kenlipton998431@aol.com
Old 11-11-2010, 07:23 PM
stang06lv
2nd Gear Member

how hard is it for ford to design a problem free car? how the hell are we suppose to know if we have this leak...
Old 04-24-2011, 08:00 PM
murry
1st Gear Member

Default how about th ose pics?

Originally Posted by dkx
First thing first, you need to fix the window trim that leaks!

Next I did the A-piller.

Lastly I fixed the cowl gaskets

Here is another picture of the gasket

All I can say is good luck with it. It's been a pain the ***, but as far as I can tell I don't see anymore water coming in. It rained very heavily all last week and nothing. I will cross my fingers nothing else pops up. I have actually made it a habbit the last few weeks to stop at every ford dealer I see with a used Mustang on the lot and check for a water leak and what do you know the tally is about 16 cars out of the 20 I checked. It's gonna be hard to sell a car when you jump in for a test drive and get punched the face by the smell of mold. Quality is job #1??

Can you repost your pics? Those links are not working.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:10 PM
crisdosev

Purchased 2006 Ford Mustang GT Conv in Illinois and kept in garage.
Now living in Florida and after heavy rain have Niagara Falls on passenger side floor area.
Any further acknowledgment from Ford on repair of this issue?
Old 08-13-2011, 01:29 AM
dkx

Sorry guys, I no longer have the pictures associated with my post. I sold the car a long time ago after getting too frustrated with the water leaking problem. It's pretty sad to save enough money to buy your dream car and then have this problem and then when you sell it you lose your ***.. Ford was no help whatsoever & I will not be buying another car from them ever again... Talk all you want about how quality is job #1, but to all of us lucky water leaking mustang owners we know that statement is bull-s-h-i-t!!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:44 PM
wayne55215

Default You are the man

Originally Posted by nsmitchell
This is the fix! Thank you so much! The little rubber water drains were both clogged with leaf debris. I just pulled a little debris out and "milked" the rubber vents a little and lots of water came gushing out!... from both the passenger and drivers side vents. I was starting to freak out with the thoughts of sealing problems, but this was the fix! Thanks again! This is such an easy fix that a child could do. Awsome! I will be cheking those regularly now.
Thanks so much.
This is the fix and yes so easy a caveman can do it.
Cant believe all the shi_ i have tried to fix this problem, even blamed our body shop as for my wife had stuffed our Mustang under a suv and the frount end was replaced.
Body shop to dealler no one knew shi_.
You fix our car.
Thanks.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:46 PM
wayne55215

Default Thanks.

Originally Posted by kdphoto
This is so easy! 2006 Mustang Passenger Side Water Leak

We got tons of rain this week and water started pouring in under the passenger side dash of my 2006 Mustang. I freaked! So I check with Ford they say the leaves and dirt clogged the system and they estimate $500 to fix it. No way... so I googled the problem and find out lots of 05s and 06s have the same problem. Someone suggests pulling off the wiper blades and the cowling to clean out the trash.
So I go for it and after spending 2 hours trying to pull the wiper arms off without a wiper blade puller I go buy one for $12.95. They pop right off with the right tool... duh!
So now I get it all off and I see all the water between the cowling area and the firewall. I reach down and find the rubber grommet on the passenger side, pull it out and all the water drains!! Did the same on the other side. I check the two grommets and they are filled with small debris from the road and trees, I washed them and and put them aside for the moment, I checked the air flow filter which was still in good shape.

I put the rubber grommets back and that's when I notice they are sticking out of the firewall housing a couple of inches! All I really had to do was stick my finger or a short stick up the bottom of the grommets and it would have cleared them.

So if you have water coming in the passenger side of your mustang just open the hood, look at the firewall about 14" down from the top and just right of the battery holder and look for the small rubber boot, it has a thin slit in the bottom of it. Just clear it with your finger and the water will rush out. Do the same on the other side and all the water will be gone. Shop vac the carpet and run the car heater for a while to clear up the water. By the way the dealer who wanted the $500 was Maroone Ford in Fort Lauderdale, what a bunch of crooks!
Thanks so much.
This is the fix and yes so easy a caveman can do it.
Cant believe all the shi_ i have tried to fix this problem, even blamed our body shop as for my wife had stuffed our Mustang under a suv and the frount end was replaced.
Body shop to dealler no one knew shi_.
You fix our car.
Thanks.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:15 AM
crisdosev

Default Very dissappointed at Ford's response

look at the firewall about 14" down from the top and just right of the battery holder and look for the small rubber boot by the way there is another one on the drivers side also.

That is all I needed to do and done, all the water came out and so did the rubber boot which I cleaned and returned in place but first I cutoff the restriction that causes it naturally to clog. This website and input by kdphoto answered my question. A sincere Thank You. As for Ford, all they had to do was acknowledge the problem and direct one to the rubber grommet and I suspect everyone's concern would have been remedied. Very, very disappointed with their lack of knowledge from the dealer to the customer service folks. I intend to make them very aware of my disappointment for no other reason than I want American's to buy American products and I expect more out of my fellow citizens than this poor understanding of their products.

Attempted to attach photo but could not.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:00 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crisdosev
look at the firewall about 14" down from the top and just right of the battery holder and look for the small rubber boot by the way there is another one on the drivers side also.

That is all I needed to do and done, all the water came out and so did the rubber boot which I cleaned and returned in place but first I cutoff the restriction that causes it naturally to clog. This website and input by kdphoto answered my question. A sincere Thank You. As for Ford, all they had to do was acknowledge the problem and direct one to the rubber grommet and I suspect everyone's concern would have been remedied. Very, very disappointed with their lack of knowledge from the dealer to the customer service folks. I intend to make them very aware of my disappointment for no other reason than I want American's to buy American products and I expect more out of my fellow citizens than this poor understanding of their products.

Attempted to attach photo but could not.
Glad you got it fixed. Best way to attach photos here is to upload them first to a free hosting site like www.photobucket.com. Once you have uploaded them there, copy the IMG link and paste it here to a post.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:46 AM
crisdosev

Default Photo of rubber grommet

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1315399512

Quick Reply: MUST READ. leak problem