Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new mustang gt - fair price?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 02:01 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new mustang gt - fair price?

I would say if you really like the car just pay sticker, that way youre guarenteed to get it. If you just semi like it and you think you could find another you like fairly easily then maybe try to walk them down 500 or so but that seems like a good price for the options.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:52 AM
Embalmer
1st Gear Member

Just so you're aware, X-plan pricing on that GO Mustang is $27,554. X-plan is usually very close to invoice. If they throw in the $500 cash back (which they should), you're right at $27,000 plus tax, title and registration. You're not going to find a better deal without really haggling or getting an X-plan pin.

Team Ford in Humble has one very close to that price, but they have black stripes added and the Shaker 1000.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:54 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Hey man, fellow import person represent! I recommend you look up www.fordvehicles.com and make sure you dont pay too much over invoice. Be weary of the options you're getting too. Sometimes they may only give you say, the interior upgrade but try to price it at a higher price and tell you it's got leather and such. Kelly blue book and Edmunds are really good resources but may not be accurate with all the options and costs (or are they?).

Don't expect to pay more than $29K for a manual coupe (unless it's got every friggin option and FR suspension pack/ FR drag pack/ 18 inch wheels etc). Don't let the dealers tell you it's a V8 so you have to pay more for it...that's crap. Find out the invoice price and shoot a couple hundred above it.

So what made you want to go from a WRX to a Stang GT?
Old 10-25-2006, 12:45 AM
dbryandallas

Thanks for your help. I have offered $26350 for a GT Prem with - interior pack $460, 18" wheels - $850, gt appearance pack $250, wheel locks ( give me a break) $50. He said he could not authorize that and would get back to me tomorrow after talking to his boss. I let him know I was looking on ebay and that I had done my homework after he BS'd me on the invoice with those options. I guess we will see. I want them to make a fair profit and am eager to see what the come back with. I am going to be pretty firm. He wanted a $599 doc fee to. I guess he thinks this is "king of cars" where so many customers just get worked.

Thanks for your help, all.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

It might be worth it to you to try to get it on X-Plan, like someone else said.

With all the extra options + GT appearance package, I wonder why they didn't throw in the 3.55 rear end option along with it (its listed with the 3.31).
Old 10-25-2006, 02:09 AM
Embalmer
1st Gear Member

Check your private messages.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:37 AM
dbryandallas

Thanks for the help, fellas. Could some give me a quick run down on X Plan pricing and how to go about it? Sorry, not familiar with it.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Would anyone really buy a new car over Ebay?
Be sure to get the new magazine at the store that shows dealer invoice for you car and it's options. It's got the one I'd get, with the rims, hood scoop and pipe covers. But all that ads to your taxed amount. If you finance that's more each month.
Personally, I'd rather order what I wanted and arrange to pick it up in person, if that's possible. Try to save that $745 destination fee, which would probably be over $1000 after 5 years of payments at todays higher finance rates.
I notice they haven't raised the length of the warranty...
Lots to think about
Old 10-25-2006, 07:22 PM
dbryandallas

I have found one and have them committed to $26,500 includes everything.

It has the following:

Premium Package 5 speed, torch red

GT appearance pack
Interior upgrade package
18" wheels polished
wheel locking kit

He is emailing me a copy of the sticker. I am going to try to get him to come off $100 more since I am going to have to fly to pick it up.

Comments from the gallery? Still looking forward to talking to you Jim.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

What's the X-Plan?

Quick Reply: new mustang gt - fair price?