Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 11:50 AM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

sorry jay. i wish that had been the silver bullet for you. i am sorry to report that my car now is suffering from the hesitation on acceleration. i think the fuel pump is bad since there is a huge amount of info on this subject on several forums. 5,000 miles and the fuel pump needs replaced. i don't even know what to say any more. assoon as i get all giddy and excited about this car, it turns around and ***** on me.

anybody else here had this problem? please email me if you have any suggestions.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:40 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: northy_polk

sorry jay. i wish that had been the silver bullet for you. i am sorry to report that my car now is suffering from the hesitation on acceleration. i think the fuel pump is bad since there is a huge amount of info on this subject on several forums. 5,000 miles and the fuel pump needs replaced. i don't even know what to say any more. assoon as i get all giddy and excited about this car, it turns around and ***** on me.

anybody else here had this problem? please email me if you have any suggestions.
Sorry your car is having the fuel pump problem. How many miles do you have on it so far Northy? Could it be the fuel filter is clogged?
With a returnless fuel delivery system the possibilities are quite limited as to what it could be so it's probably either command/ control / power to the pump or the pump is going bad.
Failing that, you could start a new thread and see what you catch ;-)

By the way, is your thunk still gone?

Wolfey2k
Old 05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

6,xxx miles.

could be fuel filter, pump, throttle lag, the weather, communist infiltrations, terrorists, or bad karma. either way i'm going to have to go to the god damned dealer.

BUT MY THUNK IS STILL GONE!!!!!!!!! i autocrossed this past weekend [totally unbelievably awesome] and the suspension was great. no noise on the way, on the course, or on the way home! still quiet as of this morning when i drove it to work. i think the blue locktite on the nuts helped.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:26 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Yo Guys!
I went by the dealer that I purchased my 'stang at and looked at one of their latest 'stangarrivals.
The one I looked at was a GT coupe, p/d of April, 07.
I looked underneath and it does indeed have the cross member 'stock'.
I bet it has updated shocks and strut mounts too.
I didn't test drive it though.
Didn't have time.

Wolfey2k
Old 05-08-2007, 05:34 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

i'm so tired of this ****. Ford has been puting us off all this time with "we don't know what you're talking about" when in reality they knew exactly what the problem was but just didn't tell us. sometimes this world really sucks. people lie, steal, cheat, whatever to cover their mistakes. and i'm going to do something about it!!!! i'm going to get a big fat coke and drink it till i feel better!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:40 PM
LarryS
2nd Gear Member

i'm so tired of this ****. Ford has been puting us off all this time with "we don't know what you're talking about" when in reality they knew exactly what the problem was but just didn't tell us. sometimes this world really sucks. people lie, steal, cheat, whatever to cover their mistakes. and i'm going to do something about it!!!! i'm going to get a big fat coke and drink it till i feel better!
I've owned quite afew Fords in my day. After this I will never buy another Ford vehicle!
Old 05-08-2007, 05:46 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

never thought i'd like vettes, but after seeing them run this weekend at autocross i'm slowly being ripped from my car and towards them. . . very painful.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:03 PM
LarryS
2nd Gear Member

never thought i'd like vettes, but after seeing them run this weekend at autocross i'm slowly being ripped from my car and towards them. . . very painful.
No clunking or thunking here....I know, it was about $12K more but well worth it!
Old 05-08-2007, 06:09 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Something else that's sort of depressing....if it's true that is.
Ford is now releasing all current models with the thunking killer fix.

My service manager and one other that works at some other dealer on here says that Ford does in fact release production vehicles with a fix, then they wait to make sure that it does not come back as a problem which would mean they fugged up and have to go back to the drawing board.

What sucks about this besides having to wait for previous models to recieve the upgrade is the scary possibility we are going to have to wait a few more to several more months for Ford to FINALLY FRIGGIN decide to release the fix as a TSB for our cars!

I sure hope this isn't the case! I will be very dissapointed if waiting until the middle to the end of June doesn't pan out and Ford releases the TSB as promised.

If I have to wait through the summer or later for my car to be fixed, I will strongly consider selling my pony to some kid who loves to work on cars for over what the dealer will give me in trade, and go buy something else.

If I find Ford has new non-thunking late model Mustangs by then, in other words their fix has panned out and it is no longer an issue and some other bugs have been worked out, I might consider buying a 2008. I'll just have to wait and see. Who knows, I might end up in an Audi or a Vette or perhaps something else I have notyet seen or considered.

I WANT MY FUC*ING MUSTANG FIXED NOW MO*HER FUC*ERS!

Wolfey2k
Old 05-08-2007, 06:50 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LarryS

No clunking or thunking here....I know, it was about $12K more but well worth it!
Is that the base model 'vette?
Not bad lookin. I was eyeballing a few the other day as they were being trucked to a dealer near by.
I'd have to drive one or two of them before I could consider falling in love with the whole package.
I still like the looks of the Mustang better though.

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise