Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:23 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

I don't think I have the thunk issue, but what I do have is a creaking over speed bumps, etc. Would the new part help this at all?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:02 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: richmod

I don't think I have the thunk issue, but what I do have is a creaking over speed bumps, etc. Would the new part help this at all?
In my experience creaking sounds are typically bushing related.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Lithodrone

Ok guys.... you're gonna luv this. Talked to Ford cust. relations and explained the issue (calmly of course) and he said he would get in touch with the regional tech rep guy to see about resolving my issue. Said they would get back to me within 2 buis days. Got a call not 2 hours later from the dealer customer rep saying exactly this. That part number is not even available for order yet, BUT I will try to order a pair direct from the factory to install on your car. He ALSO said that while there is no TSB yet........ (drum roll please) .....there WILL be and it is only 7 to 8 days away from being released. Yes race fans, a TSB is only a week or so away! Heard it right from the horses mouth!(***) SOOOOO, my advise to anyone who is still trying to resolve this most stubborn issue, would be to first call your dealer's customer satisfaction rep. This number should be on your invoice if you have one. If not, call Ford's corporate customer relations dept. at1(800) 392-FORD, and complain like hell (very calmly and succinctly of course, and only after giving them your VIN #). This seems to light a roasty hot fire under the dealers *** (head), and I think also gives them some comfort as to their labor and parts costs being recoverable from the mother company. (we're all in it to make money after all). Hopefully this should ice it, and I will keep you all posted.

Again I would like to thank you all for your diligance and patience on this issue. It looks like we're close.

L

[IMG]local://upfiles/67568/51190E5B84A44C3FAB93C759B73A67FD.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-18-2007, 03:48 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

litho: hey don't get offended, but the dealer is wrong from what we've been hearing. the parts have been issued without a TSB according to the inside source [Ascho-Bay]. either way, IT DOESN'T MATTER. TSB or no TSB, the parts exist, have been installed, and do the trick!!! it will probably take a few millenia for some of the less savvy dealerships to wake up and realize that in the info age, the customers oftentimes have more info than they do and they just need to use it to their advantage rather than being stupid dumb heads.

looking forward to your "bon voyage" post when your car is fixed!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Lithodrone

You have no idea! Then again maybe you do.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

and don't get me wrong, i'm 1,000 % on your side!!!! but i'm so leery of dealerships telling me anything that i'd be doubtful even if they told me my name was jon dawes. . . which it is!!!! and this info they are giving you goes against what bascho has told us all along and he seems to be the one on the inside that knows what's up even before it happens.

just get that thing fixed and drive!!!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:39 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

Don't know if this helps anyone, but... I was at the Parts Dept at the local Ford Dealer picking up some unrelated parts. While there, I decided to ask the parts guy to look up the new strut mount to see if it's available. He looked it up, found it , and said that there were over 1000 of them at the "depot" and he could order them. I saw the screen, and they were indeed the new part #(starts with 8). the old part was still listed as well, just below it.

So, if a dealer says they don't know anything about it, can't find it listed, or can't get it - go to another dealer who knows what they're doing.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Lithodrone

Yes, when its over I'll post a nice wrap up messsage with pics and everything. I have the satin silver frame rails on order and the 17 x 9 anthracite bullits are back on (had to replace 2 of em after wasting the two rights on a curb out in Long Beach last year). Also have pics of my subwoofer retrofit, which went well even if I do say so myself. Put 2 polk 350w 8" subs in the doors (with a little artful carpentry) and re routed the pre-amp signal from the old anemic 20w sub amps under the left side dash to an 800w polk MOMO sub amp in the trunk. Really anchors the low end and makes the stock head unit shine a little brighter. Been meaning to share that with everyone but work's been crazy and I've been preoccupied with THIS stupid issue. Anyhow, I've seen some other sub retrofits, but not with the aftermarket sub amp. Most probably replace the head unit too, but I'll have to wait a while to justify that expenditure. This was a cost effective way of beefing up the bass (way up) without breaking the bank. Have to thank you guys agin for your dogged persistence and willingness to share the info here. This forum is really great. Hopefully we can stop this thread before it reaches 100 pages eh?

L
Old 07-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Lithodrone

Hey now, that's purrrdy! Really like that windveil blue. Almost couldn't decide between that and the ss.

[IMG]local://upfiles/67568/B1713D72953D47A8AEDD9E9F31ABC40D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-19-2007, 12:27 PM
dhavi4226

Okay troops here's the scoop. Just picked up my car from the dealer. They replaced the strut brackets and guess what! it's GONE, THE DAMN THUNK IS GONE!!!!! It finally feels and rides like it should. I also had them redo the whining rear end. IT TOO IS FINALLY SILENT!!!! ( That was the 3rd ring and pinion besides the original) Maybe now I can finally start to enjoy this car. There are a few things I'd really like to do, but wanted to see if I could get this other stuff fixed.
Bought New in Jan. 05
Now has 20K
I feel good today!
THANK YOU WOLFEY2K, NORTHY_POLK AND BASCHO!!!!!!!!! You guys reallymade this happen for all of us.

Doug

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise