Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 02:30 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

ORIGINAL: Got_Stang?

That's what I mean Jay, I certainly would pass on a vehicle if it had that much miles on a "new"car, unless they would adjust the price(not likely) then MAYBE I would consider it.

I test droveafewdifferent stangs for more than 50 miles.
They will let you do it if you ask. I didn't say they all had 0 miles on them. There ISsuch a thing as a DEMO car!
Old 04-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Ya Wolfey, I guess that is at big dealerships. But were I live demos don't exist. What's on the lot is what they got. Ct. dealers are too small to have one car for that purpose. Like at the most my dealer might have 6 Mustangs, right now only one. I guess in big city/high voluum dealers they can afford one for demo purposes and sell it later discounted.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Got_Stang?

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

That's what I mean Jay, I certainly would pass on a vehicle if it had that much miles on a "new"car, unless they would adjust the price(not likely) then MAYBE I would consider it.

I test droveafewdifferent stangs for more than 50 miles.
They will let you do it if you ask. I didn't say they all had 0 miles on them. There ISsuch a thing as a DEMO car!

Well sure, if your lucky enough to have access to a demo vehicle on the premises, Amen to you, not always the case.....I test drove 3 stangs and one happened to be the managers demo.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:23 PM
ajc
1st Gear Member

I am going to pick up my new 07 GT tomorrow and after reading this post I am questioning it.I am going to take the car for a good ride tomorrow first. What am I listening for?
Old 04-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Got_Stang?

I hear you ajc, i'm waiting on my Stang, supposed to be here any day now and it's nerve wrecking to hear some of the complaints on this board; leaks, rattles, thunking, seat **** to fold front seat busting, etc.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:35 PM
ajc
1st Gear Member

Did you order one or buy one off the lot? GT or V6? I'm trading in my 12,000 problem free 2006 civic.

I hear you ajc, i'm waiting on my Stang, supposed to be here any day now and it's nerve wrecking to hear some of the complaints on this board; leaks, rattles, thunking, seat **** to fold front seat busting, etc.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Got_Stang?

ORIGINAL: ajc

Did you order one or buy one off the lot? GT or V6? I'm trading in my 12,000 problem free 2006 civic.

I ordered one.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:22 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

I understand your concerns. I have the "Thunk" only. I finally had my "Leak" test last week and I passed that. Don't forget the gas tank that can only be filled half way. Leave it Ford to have a gas tank that shuts off at the half way point. Oh, and some GT's come with unbalanced drive shafts. I sincerely hope you get a good one.
DS
Old 04-27-2007, 10:02 PM
LarryS
2nd Gear Member

Unless you have already put down a big deposit I would really consider another brand of vehicle. This clunking gets old pretty fast! And you may not hearonjust a short test ride. Find a 1"-2"step to drive over slowly before you buy it. Mygarage has a step and every time I go anywhere I'm reminded ofthis clunking before I even get out of my driveway.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:17 PM
ajc
1st Gear Member

Here is the recall information:

http://www.autobuyguide.com/2006/12-...lls/index.html

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise