Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:53 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

- lotus
ORIGINAL: fredlo69

Took my mustang for the thunking noise and the deale Diblasi Ford refused to fix anything that hasn't been tsb#. They said the stablizer bar was loose and they tightened it. I mentioned a suggestion that it may be the strut mount and I also mentioned that there's a new part number for it. The response was an attitude they don't repair anything with it being a tsb#. I also took it in for water leak and they couldn't find a leak. They totally suck! What kills me they have an attitude like the nerve of you bring a car here in need of repairs under warranty. When they sell u the car they busy kissin your 8ss.
Im going to another dealer and see what happens. Wish me luck!

[IMG]local://upfiles/48703/77509487D07E4CD684B71D2DFF68C0FD.jpg[/IMG]
Take it to another dealer. If it's broke, they should fix it. It's not your fault Ford came out with a new part #. My
part was supposed to be delivered Tuesday, it just arrived today. The svc mgr told me there was alot of dealers
ordering that new part and that's why there was a delay, maybe..maybe not who know for sure. But I still called
the parts dept and had them pull up my order and read to me what was actually ordered and what arrived.
He confirmed it as soon asI heard him say the number "8". Going in tomorrow at 7am.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:35 PM
tommyboy45
1st Gear Member

Good luck grampa_stang. Let us know as soon as you test it outto confirm that the dreaded Thunk is gone for good!

Also let us know how long it took them to perform the switch and realine the front end.

A year of waiting for this fix is just about too long.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:50 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grampa_stang

- lotus

Took my mustang for the thunking noise and the deale Diblasi Ford refused to fix anything that hasn't been tsb#. They said the stablizer bar was loose and they tightened it. I mentioned a suggestion that it may be the strut mount and I also mentioned that there's a new part number for it. The response was an attitude they don't repair anything with it being a tsb#. I also took it in for water leak and they couldn't find a leak. They totally suck! What kills me they have an attitude like the nerve of you bring a car here in need of repairs under warranty. When they sell u the car they busy kissin your 8ss.

Take it to another dealer. If it's broke, they should fix it. It's not your fault Ford came out with a new part #. My
part was supposed to be delivered Tuesday, it just arrived today. The svc mgr told me there was alot of dealers
ordering that new part and that's why there was a delay, maybe..maybe not who know for sure. But I still called
the parts dept and had them pull up my order and read to me what was actually ordered and what arrived.
He confirmed it as soon asI heard him say the number "8". Going in tomorrow at 7am.
Hey Grampy!
So what's the verdict?
Thunk or no thunk?
That IS the question ;-)
Wolfey2k
Old 07-13-2007, 11:06 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

ORIGINAL: grampa_stang

- lotus

Hey Grampy!
So what's the verdict?
Thunk or no thunk?
That IS the question ;-)
Wolfey2k
[align=left]Well, I have good and bad news. Good news is I drove off the driveway and I did not hear the thunk[/align][align=left]on the passenger side. Bad news is they only replaced the passenger side. The left upper mount[/align][align=left]arrived damaged. So I have to go in again next week. I can say this, I still heard a slight thunk, [/align][align=left]but it did NOT come from the passenger side (where it was more prominent). If anyone needs to[/align][align=left]see a scanned image of the work order (to show their svc manager) I'll post it. I'ts got everything you need to convince them to fix your car. Description of problem, new part # and that it's under [/align][align=left]Warranty. But again, to be 100%....I have to wait until I have the other side installed. Oh yeah, [/align][align=left]they also put a nice little scratch about 3/8 in. long on my hood. My wife wanted to drive right back[/align][align=left]and lay into them. But seriously....not much you can do, can't really prove anything. But, I am going[/align][align=left]to mention it and tell them to be more careful next time.[/align]
Old 07-14-2007, 12:17 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Yo Grampy,
well that certainly sounds bitter sweet.
Such incompetitence on their part!
Scratch my car while it's in the shop and they WILL PAY for a professional touch up at the very least!
I'd raise hell if that happened to my car.
I suggest you do the same. It's just not right for them to be so careless then treat it as if it's no big deal and not even mention it to you.
IF they were top notch, you would have been told "sorry Mr. Grampy but we have to keep your car for another day or two so we can fix the scratch one of our careless tech's made on your car". No charge to you of course!
Anyway, great to hear the thunk is gone on the passenger side at least.
I have been aware of the thunk being more subtle on the drivers side but it's still there.
Sorry you're having a hard time getting what should be a simple quick fix completed.

Best of luck next time around! And thanks for letting us know how things went!
Wolfey2k
Old 07-14-2007, 07:59 AM
tommyboy45
1st Gear Member

Hey Granmpa_stang,

Yes, I would like to see the scanned work order! Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your scratch. Don't they get it? Treat it with respect!

Old 07-14-2007, 09:14 AM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tommyboy45

Hey Granmpa_stang,

Yes, I would like to see the scanned work order! Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your scratch. Don't they get it? Treat it with respect!

I think I'm going to let my wife handle the scratch, she's ready to tear them a new one.
Here's the work order:
FYI: If you want to see the complete W/O, click on attachment,
click on work order2.jpg, when it opens, right click and save to
desktop. I'm sure many of you know that already, but I've been
here 15 mins trying to get the size right and figuring out the best
way to view it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/68488/FE1EB555673846C1AFE4D8E1F4C040C4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-14-2007, 09:21 AM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

is it just me or does that say clear as day they replacedthe endlinks as well???????? if so, are they redesigned endlinks??? this never ceases to amaze me. .. actually more sickening than amazing.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:34 AM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Yes, they replaced the endlinks. Not sure if they're redesigned.

Bascho would be theman to ask about the endlink part #.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:11 PM
tommyboy45
1st Gear Member

Does the installation of these new strut mounts require that the front end be re-aligned? I did not see any indication of that procedure on grampa_stang's work order that he posted.

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise