Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:51 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise

little update: sold the 20s, bought a 94 GT 5.0 for the track, removed BMR Aarms due to THEY FRIGGIN BROKE, but actually the tubular Aarms provided a superior ride IMO. my front end is noisier now than with the tubulars! you'd think just the opposite. time to check the god damned endlink nuts again.

but i'm glad everybody's gettin fixed up right!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:35 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: northy_polk

i hate to ask, but what happened to Jay????
Jay's car is fixed and he's happy with it.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:58 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

good!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:42 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Ahh,he lives! Good!
Glad to hear he's happy with the fix!
Wolfey2k
Old 07-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Lithodrone

Yes folks, I can't overemphasize how much of a difference calling the Corporate Customer Relations made. I was getting the runaround from my dealer, but after I called in they were infinitely more helpful. 1(800) 392-FORD So for any of you that are still having difficulties, call this number and explain that others in this 82 PAGE!?? thread have had the problem fixed with part # 8R3Z-18183-B under warranty. And let them know how much this is affecting your satisfaction with the vehicle.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:47 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Finally got ours dropped off this AM. They are doing the thunk thing as well as try to fix the intermitent air bag readiness light that has been a gremlin. Will let you all know how it turns out.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:51 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Just called the stealership. Had a 8:30 AM appointment and as of 2:00PM, they haven't started on it so it may not happen today. This place really blows. They are located in Salida, CO so folks can avoid them at all cost. Can anyone tell me if a front end alignment is required after replaceing the strut mounts and if it is, what was changed.....like caster, camber....>????????
Old 07-25-2007, 05:42 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Well my dealer goofed up too and kept my car overnight even though I dropped it off in time that day.
I was pissed at first but I decided okay, no big deal.
They had it ready to go by 10 A.M. the following day.
Too bad I didn't have time to go pick her up until that evening.
Anyway, I wouldn't condem them just for keeping my car a day longer than anticipated. It happens.
I know because I worked as a dealer mechanic for years before stepping out on my own way back when. It can be a real biotch in the shop sometimes. Parts don't getdelivered on time or the wrong parts get delivered and hold up other jobs causing delays etc.
Usually the shop will get over booked and that stuffs things up big time!
Trust me on that.

If your front end wasn't out of whack when it was drivenetc., then no front end alignment will be necessary. The usual case with simple parts replacement like this. Pull them, replace part x, re-install and let it eat!

Wolfey2k
Old 07-25-2007, 07:58 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Well my dealer goofed up too and kept my car overnight even though I dropped it off in time that day.
I was pissed at first but I decided okay, no big deal.
They had it ready to go by 10 A.M. the following day.
Too bad I didn't have time to go pick her up until that evening.
Anyway, I wouldn't condem them just for keeping my car a day longer than anticipated. It happens.
I know because I worked as a dealer mechanic for years before stepping out on my own way back when. It can be a real biotch in the shop sometimes. Parts don't getdelivered on time or the wrong parts get delivered and hold up other jobs causing delays etc.
Usually the shop will get over booked and that stuffs things up big time!
Trust me on that.

If your front end wasn't out of whack when it was drivenetc., then no front end alignment will be necessary. The usual case with simple parts replacement like this. Pull them, replace part x, re-install and let it eat!

Wolfey2k

I have other issues with this dealer that involves 7 return trips for out 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD. I never get a return call from them. The parts came in and they didn't call me. When I called them asking about the parts, it took them a week to get me in. Now, they say it needs aligned. Maybe they are going to check it. It was straight as an arrow before this. They said it had a passenger's side air bag code thrown. I need some help here since I don't have the owner's manual. I thought my side airbags had their own idiot light and didn't rely on just a generic airbag readiness light. I never saw the side airbag light lit up. Can someone look to see if the side airbags do indeed have their own light? It is in the front part of the owners manual.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:13 PM
tommyboy45
1st Gear Member

You can see the ownersguides on-line for free.

Go to: http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...id=&gutsid=

On the left side is Non-Subsription Resources and click on Owners Guides. You can then pick what year and model you want to look at.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise