Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HERTZ ---SHELBY "GTH"

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 05:01 PM
LBJay
1st Gear Member

Default RE: HERTZ ---SHELBY "GTH"

ORIGINAL: Saleen302

ORIGINAL: 07AlloyGT

hell no they're not worth it. the gt-h's are the same as the shelby gt's, basically.

for 110, you could have 2 GT500's if you get them from a good dealer.
Wrong the Hertz version is just a modded GT. Nowhere near a GT 500.
No he is correct. Except for the hood it's the same as the new Shelby GT (not 500)

If you want a GT-H contact your dealer. Hertz is going to auction off 113 of them stating December.
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/05/w...ned-to-ford-d/

Old 12-06-2006, 08:25 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

I agree soldshort, but they are more available than the SHELBY's outta the 60's which are selling for $135 to 200K. and there ain't 500 of those around.
]

yes. i don't think the people who are buying them are going to drive them around.

i think they are going into storage and there's only 500 to begin with and yeah, they aren't GT-500's either.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

whats so special about it? cant you just basically slap on the shelby hood, CS front fascia and some hood pins and then you have your own GT-H?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:49 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Funny this thread showed up today. Here are some pics of the one I drove this morning....One of my customers from Chicago was out today, and this is what he rented....

Note the one photo of the engine, with the steel "seal", or band, running from the shock tower to the engine block....gotta love the fact that the car has a tamper proof band to prevent engine theft

Fun drive, and quite frankly, I was surprised....I figured mine would pretty much run with it no problem.....Didn't get the chance, but, I know I would whip the crap out of it off the line, and first gear...After that, however, the tune they have in the Shelby has great shift points. Can't even feel the auto shifting. No way in hell I can shift that fast!! I got it up to about 100 on the freeway onramp and had to back out of it.....Not half bad for a rental car, and the TCS was not locked out on it......

My customer told me before I drove it that it had a hell of a squeak in the front end.....I rolled the windows down when I took it out, and what he was hearing was the very poorly fitting hood pins. Every bump, the hood would bounce a bit, and the top trim of the hood pins would rub on the pins themselves....causing the squeak[:'(][:'(]

Great morning at work, no doubt!!

Mike

Old 12-06-2006, 11:59 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Great pics you got Mike. We had a friend rent one and I got a few pics as well, unfortunately the car was dirty as can be. One of the first things we noticed when looking at the engine was the security wire lol. We also lined them up and cranked them because they wanted to hear me rev with my LMs next to it. I didnt get to race it unfortunately, or even drive it, but they said it was really nice.

Im not sure if Id pay 110k for one, but it wouldnt be a half bad investment. It would be really sweet if you owned one of the previous models and you bought this one and held onto it for awhile. Then later you could sell them as a pair.. or maybe just pass them down through the family as collectibles!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:06 AM
rfelger
2nd Gear Member

Awesome pics man. as usual you have to show-ff
Old 12-07-2006, 01:01 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

LOL....yeah, it was great to have the chance to take it for a spin.....Would I own one? Absolutely....At 110K....not likely......

The test ride this morning may have had some other benefits.....My other half works right around the corner....Went and picked her up for the ride.....Looks like I might be shopping for some stripes and chin spoiler soon..... Guess it helps when they see em in person.....
Old 12-07-2006, 04:44 AM
SlowHand
1st Gear Member

I drove one in Florida for two days, lots of tunpike and Interstate driving, it was a blast. Not sure how far I'd trust it in the corners, driven hard. I got a long lecture from the Hertz rep about why I couldn't steal the engine, why the traction control disable was disabled (to prevent neeedless wheel spinning) even the go-faster stripes get peeled off and stolen, he said. My buddy took one look at the hood clips, ornamental hood scoop and cosmetic side air vents, and chuckled, albeit affectionately. And they are all automatic, right? Hmm.

The car is great and inspired me to buy a 2007 GT California Special, stick, which I'm going to lower, stiffen and re-aspirate but for $110k I'd go Porsche, guys, sorry.

Mlcrycc, your GT is a beauty.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:52 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Thank you kindly.......

Mike