Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window tint

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 12:38 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Default Window tint

Hey guys i just got my windows tinted all around its dark outside ill take pictures in the morning and btw i went with 50% tint.
It looks mean.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Window tint

Looking forward to your pics. I've been thinking of going 50% on the door windows (that's the legal limit here) and 20% on the quarter windows and the rear window.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:21 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Heres the pics

Another view and diffrent light hitting it

Matching the front

Old 12-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

The car looks good man. I have 5% on mine & I haven't had any trouble yet. The legal limit is 50% and there can't be anything on the driver passenger window here... the cops have been letting me slide on threw everytime since 05 ... hope that doesn't jinx me... haha!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:06 PM
slow07
2nd Gear Member

I have 15%, on my car and truck, and have been trouble free for 2-1/2 years. I'll probably get pulled over today for it, since I mentioned that...
Old 12-27-2006, 03:07 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

I guess here in California the side windows can't be darker than 70% transmission. That is really light! Wonder if I can get away with 50%?

http://www.campbelltint.com/images/a...-tint-law.html
Old 12-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Sonicstang girl- I'm here in Cali with no problems at 5%. Where in Cali are you?
Old 12-27-2006, 09:48 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

hey one thing, i was told that when u put that on, its nothing like having come from stock, for example, suvs come with it and u can actually see out better but putting it aftermarket results in less visibility outward too right? anyone have pictures from the inside of their car--out so that i could see how dark it is? also i was told that the rear defroster would have to be removed as to it might damage the tint or cause it to bubble, any advice from all you who had good luck tintin ur windows would help me decide... thanks
Old 12-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicStanGirl

I guess here in California the side windows can't be darker than 70% transmission. That is really light! Wonder if I can get away with 50%?

http://www.campbelltint.com/images/a...-tint-law.html
For those of you who want to know, as I don't want you to get into trouble being a fellow Mustang lover. The law in California is only 30% of the existing light can be blocked from entering the driver side and passenger side windows. Your car already comes with 23-27% blocked that is already in the glass. You can apply a film to the front side windows that has to be COLORLESS. This is the film that blocks the harmful UV rays and such. It is quite expensive.

Any windows behind the the driver can be blacked 100%, so long as he has a sideview mirror on each side of his vehicle. Nothing can be applied to the windshield at all.

So the answer to how much tint can I put on my front driver side and passenger side window is 0%, if you want to be legal.

I wish I could put some on as it looks pretty good.

I just checked the link SonicStangirl put up and saw the medical thing at the end. Yes you can have a prescription from a doctor to put tint on. But...it has to be temporary in nature so that it does not block/impair vision at night.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:14 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

From the inside it looks a little bit darker, not to much though. And it does not effect driveablity at all it actually improves it since now the sun does not blind me from certain angels.

Quick Reply: Window tint