Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seen a Boss 302

Old 12-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Seen a Boss 302

Bullcrap because...dealers are dishonest in nature, screw the buyers at every opportunity, and generally practice less then ethical behavior. Greed is the name of the game and they compromise their integrity, honesty, and fair dealing when it has even the slightest amount of benefit to do so. They are all scumbags. Their reputations are notorious, that's why!
Old 12-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

D@mn! The GAUNTLET has been thrown!!LOL!

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

Bullcrap because...dealers are dishonest in nature, screw the buyers at every opportunity, and generally practice less then ethical behavior. Greed is the name of the game and they compromise their integrity, honesty, and fair dealing when it has even the slightest amount of benefit to do so. They are all scumbags. Their reputations are notorious, that's why!
Old 12-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

+++1 Yeah,,Im with ya on that!

ORIGINAL: rex7010

$85,000.00 ...???? tell them to keep it...

JMO

Rex
Old 12-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Norse1974

+++1 Yeah,,Im with ya on that!

ORIGINAL: rex7010

$85,000.00 ...???? tell them to keep it...

JMO

Rex
Even 60K is rediculous! 45K maybe.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:31 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

I agree with what you say.........but those attributes can be applied to people in general too....not just dealership personnel. Plus, it's dangerous to stereotype anything as "always" or "never" because some dealers are extremely honest and pleasant to deal with. I can tell you've had some bad experiences with dealers.....sorry to hear that. I've had a few bad experiences myself.......but I've also had some very good experiences. I had a dealer that repolished and rewaxed a car that I had purchased two weeks earlierbecause I was unhappy with a certain area of the finish. They did the work for free and they gave me a loaner (1.5 days)for free. I will always remember the way they treated me and to this day I recommend them to others.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

I've purchased many new cars over the years, and have NEVER had a good experience. Some were "less bad", none were good. They all suck! They may give you a free wax job, but....is that really what it's all about? I'd like to see a dealer who just prices their cars x amount over invoice and be done with it. By the way, I was told once by a salesman, who was fired after that, that Ford (and I assume all manufacturers) "guaranteed" a profit to the dealer, no matter what the invoice is. The invoice is not really what the dealer pays for a car. It's all about volume, quotas, etc.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

And now we see the "Dirty Laundry" coming out!LOL!

I've purchased many new cars over the years, and have NEVER had a good experience. Some were "less bad", none were good. They all suck! They may give you a free wax job, but....is that really what it's all about? I'd like to see a dealer who just prices their cars x amount over invoice and be done with it. By the way, I was told once by a salesman, who was fired after that, that Ford (and I assume all manufacturers) "guaranteed" a profit to the dealer, no matter what the invoice is. The invoice is not really what the dealer pays for a car. It's all about volume, quotas, etc.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:47 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bascho

ORIGINAL: Bruce0146

Campbell Ford, Niles, MI for a little over $60K which included gas guzzler tax and carrier transport to my home.
Sounds like you got a good deal and looks to be a great car. Congrats!

I would guess the unusually high price this dealer is asking may be a product of the area it's located in. Perhaps they are surrounded by millionares with little concern of prices or getting the best deal. Or.......maybe the sales manager wants to buy it himself in a month or so and is only willing to part with it for an absurd amount like $85K.
Sounds like he got it at its price without a dealer markup, but that happens with alot of cars. I whent with a friend when he was buying his Z06 back when they came out and there were a few dealers putting 30k + markups on the car, but even if that is what is on the sticker you can generally get it for invoice. Fact is the consumers know more than the dealers and salesmen so we have the advantage. The dealer he bought the Z06 would not go below their markup on the car, untill it sat there for over 6 weeks, then he sold it for invoice =)

Cars cost money to sit on a lot and the longer it sits there the more they loose, and they do not make that back if it sits there too long. That is why they have those nice clearance events to cycle the cars on their lots and keep money coming in, well that and the wonderful allocation process. Also the general public will not pay unresonable markups and I will not pay them ever.

Fact is demand for the Pj is not that high to come up with $25k maybe $5 would be more reasonable.

And I can tell you that Invoice is NOT what a dealer pays for the car but they also have the overhead of the dealership to consider.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:48 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Well of course the dealer is guaranteed a profit......do you work for free? How do you think the dealers pay their employees, pay for utilities, taxes, etc. They are a business you know.......it's not charity work.

The biggest issue I have with dealers is not vehicle pricing because the market takes care of that aspect......it's customer service. The reason the free buff and wax left an impression with me is not that those were expensive services.....it's that they wanted me to be happy with my purchase and that one thing was stopping that. I didn't throw a fit over the issue.....I just nicely mentioned it to my salesman, they walked out to see the car and he said they would take care of it. That is great customer service!!!

The best and busiest dealers are not always the cheapest......they are the ones that know how to treat people. I think this is a regional issue as some parts of the country are populated by jerks.....so of course, all the businesses in that area employ jerks.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Sherwood06GT is it really any different then if you wanted to sell your mustang to some guy off the street you telling us all that you would not want the best bang for the buck or you going to figure out how much it would take to pay off the car and add 100 bucks for the paper work and give it away, I don't think so there called sales men they sell thats what they do and how they make there $ buy your next car off of Ebay or the trade papers and deal with an average joe and see how bad he screws you over and what you can get out of him when your unhappy and the dealer won't see so bad after that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seen a Boss 302