Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum Floor Mats??? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Aluminum Floor Mats??? What do you think?

You have all echoed my thoughts! Thanks, I thought it was interesting that someone even offered this item. We need to tell them it is a big NO in the world of Mustang owners.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:20 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Wow, so many nay-sayers, especially since it seems like none of them have ever even tried a product like this.

They might not be in everyone's taste, but they actually do serve a very good purpose. I had them inmy last car (albeit that it was a show car), but they helped prevent wear and tear on the carpet and normal mats. I took mine and edged them with thin silicone tubing to match my interior and prevent them from sliding around. They worked well, and people liked they way they looked (especially car show judges, since I placed at every major show I attended). While I'll agree that I'm not quite sure how they'd look in a Mustang, I'd be willing to give them a shot. And as for them adding weight? The ones I had weighed next to nothing. And keeping them up was as easy as the occasional wash and buff. And they're stronger than you think, so there's no bending just from people putting their feet on them (and I have some friends that are 300+ lbs with size 15+ shoes). So as always, to each his own. If you want them, go for them!
Old 01-03-2007, 12:47 PM
pony girl 05
3rd Gear Member

its just not very attractive, Imknow there are other things someone couldspend their money on rather than wasting it on such a gaudy thing as this.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

I don't even want to know how hot those things will get...
Old 01-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SlappyGT

Wow, so many nay-sayers, especially since it seems like none of them have ever even tried a product like this.

They might not be in everyone's taste, but they actually do serve a very good purpose. I had them inmy last car (albeit that it was a show car), but they helped prevent wear and tear on the carpet and normal mats. I took mine and edged them with thin silicone tubing to match my interior and prevent them from sliding around. They worked well, and people liked they way they looked (especially car show judges, since I placed at every major show I attended). While I'll agree that I'm not quite sure how they'd look in a Mustang, I'd be willing to give them a shot. And as for them adding weight? The ones I had weighed next to nothing. And keeping them up was as easy as the occasional wash and buff. And they're stronger than you think, so there's no bending just from people putting their feet on them (and I have some friends that are 300+ lbs with size 15+ shoes). So as always, to each his own. If you want them, go for them!
I don't like them because they remind me of the very first race scene in The Fast & The Furious. Paul Walker's Eclipse starts hitting 100+ in his car, and for no apparent reason, the welds that are holding the floor pan together on the passenger side give way, causing his diamond plated floor mat to drop through to the ground below, sparking and finally skidding away. It was just REALLY hokey, and every time I see diamond plate, I think about that STUPID scene, and then I think of all the ricers that had to have diamond plated floor mats because that's what was in Paul Walker's car...
Old 01-03-2007, 07:17 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

I thought it was just some random, theatrical piece of his car that fell through the hole, not a floor mat?
Old 01-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SlappyGT

I thought it was just some random, theatrical piece of his car that fell through the hole, not a floor mat?
Nah...For some stupid reason, he's got diamond plated floor mats in the car...I never understood the need for that...Why Eddie Paul saw the need for that is beyond me.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:32 PM
r0dr0c

I have to agree with Slappy. To each his own. If we all did what everyone else did to their cars, how special would mine be? While I have decided I do not like this look for my own Mustang, if someone wants them, good for you.

Lets see, if we all got together and built the 'perfect' mustang and everyone copied it, yuk!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:36 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Holy necropost batman.. takes skill to bring this back to life
Old 09-11-2012, 08:26 PM
slipperman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Holy necropost batman.. takes skill to bring this back to life
See, I'm not the only one into resurrecting dead threads. The OP link doesn't even work anymore!

Quick Reply: Aluminum Floor Mats??? What do you think?