Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!

Old 01-09-2007, 05:36 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!

Small issues here and there, but nothing major.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:45 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I LOVE my Mustang but reading all these posts on leaks is making me paranoid. I don't drive in the rain if I can help it but I do wash it. I haven't noticed any wetness on the carpet yet. I have had the windows become mysteriously fogged on the passenger side several times. Coincedence? I don't know. Has anyone else noticed fogged windows without finding wet carpeting?

I had a rattle around the console area which others said was an exhaust shield... mine went away.

I have a humming kind of vibration that comes on between 35 and 45 MPH then goes away as my speed increases. It can be felt in the dash, doors, console, seat of the pants, actually everywhere you touch. I haven't asked the dealer to look at it yet. I'm thinking differential gears (clutch packs) like others have had.

I had trouble getting the gas tank filled in the beginning but have not had that happen in some time now.

I am very happy with my Mustang GT. I have become very adept at making excuses to drive it. I plan on keeping it a long time and I just wish Ford would recognize there is a problem with this leak and find a fix before our cars are filled with hidden rust and electrical damage that will never be fixed.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:53 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Very slight problems, (if you want to call them that), barely worth mentioning:

At 70 mph+, the hood seems to lift up a little, and then down again, repeatedly on the driver's side

Squeaking noise from either door, seems like its coming from near the side view mirror adjusters at the windows (weatherstripping?)

('06 auto. GT)Car has 2,700 miles, bought in Nov '06, other then above, no real problems whatsoever!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:03 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

The one major problem I have is the constant grin on my face whenever I drive it

Seriously, the only problem I've ever had was with the leaking brake reservoir cap and this was such a minor issue, it was not worth mentioning.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wingman75

I LOVE my Mustang but reading all these posts on leaks is making me paranoid. I don't drive in the rain if I can help it but I do wash it. I haven't noticed any wetness on the carpet yet. I have had the windows become mysteriously fogged on the passenger side several times. Coincedence? I don't know. Has anyone else noticed fogged windows without finding wet carpeting?

I had a rattle around the console area which others said was an exhaust shield... mine went away.

I have a humming kind of vibration that comes on between 35 and 45 MPH then goes away as my speed increases. It can be felt in the dash, doors, console, seat of the pants, actually everywhere you touch. I haven't asked the dealer to look at it yet. I'm thinking differential gears (clutch packs) like others have had.

I had trouble getting the gas tank filled in the beginning but have not had that happen in some time now.

I am very happy with my Mustang GT. I have become very adept at making excuses to drive it. I plan on keeping it a long time and I just wish Ford would recognize there is a problem with this leak and find a fix before our cars are filled with hidden rust and electrical damage that will never be fixed.
Dude, you shouldn't feel paranoid. You should feel educated. If you do get the leak take comfort in the fact a lot of others have the problem too and are looking into it as well. These forums are all about unifying the buyers and that's exactly what we're doing. If we yell loud enough, ford will hear us (hopefully before i buy one )
Old 01-10-2007, 12:12 AM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

I've had a number of problems, I really don't drive it much which is totally against my character, but it seems like every time I drive it something breaks. I have an 06 GT and don't get me wrong I LOVE IT, I would just like to get the wrinkles ironed out of it so it can be a new car like it was suppose to be. The car has only 6500 miles on itand I've only had it for about a year.

The problems; 1. Brake fluid leak, which leaked all over the frame and blistered the paint. Oh and the dealer didn't want to fix that, but they had a change of heart when the equipment that I service for them needed repair and I threatened a bill. (Just playing their game and I knew it would work).

2. fuel pump replacement. Going onto a ramp from the interstate in third and depress the gas, it would backfire and just come shy of stalling (oh yea...)
3. rear axle differential clutch pack replacement.
4. Blowing blue smoke for about 30 seconds after I start it up first thing in the morning. Dealer never fixed it and said it was normal, but I found something wrong, fixed it and it has never done it again.
5. Grinding when putting it in gear, stealership manager heard it, agreed that there was a grind, got it back and said I simply just pushed the clutch in too fast. Oh brother now I know who I'm dealing with.
6. Took it to other stealerships around the area, and they say different things about the grinding except they want to fix it.
7. Rattles, Rattles, Rattles. Not that it really bothers me, but it still there.
8. When it was in the stealership to have the fuel pumps replaced, they damaged the steering wheel centercap and basically said that I had to prove that they did it and refused to fix it. (I unfortunately agree though, maybe that rental car they gave me didn't have that dent in the door before I got it...ummm we'll never know.
9. Now the car has to go back, the cheap repair job they did on the paint has now chipped and flaked off and now the steering wheel leather is cracking and seperating.

I really don't think that the car is bad, I just think that the problems that I've had are all problems that Ford has addressed via the TSB's with the exception of the steering wheel. I think the majority of the problems stem from the stealership, but that's another day.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:14 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

door mirrors rattle, seat lifter upper handle broke off in my hand, door panel pieces rattle (easy fix), and clutch pack in the rearend. also there have been several times it JUST WONT START and then after a few trys it does. dealer said they cant do anything because it didnt throw a code. theres 15,000 miles on ours right now, but all of these problems started at or around 5k
All of the above, plus:
* a single brake light staying on for extended periods of time
* rear defroster came on by itself and refused to turn off for 10+ minutes before turning itself off
* car has stalled once while just sitting there idling
* cruise control has malfunctioned (worked for 10 seconds, and then turned off, wouldn't turn back on for the whole day, even after restarting, etc)
* fuel pump TSB (hesitation after cruising for a while)
* every once in a while the message center claims I have 1 mile to E when I have at least 1/4 of a tank, then "fixes" itself
* brake fluid reservoir leaks a little at the cap
* front passenger-side clunk over small bumps at low speeds
* 5 times to the dealership regarding "the leak", may or may not be resolved
* Clutch system behaves wildly different after car has been sitting in wet weather (by sitting I mean overnight)
* Shaker 500 has trouble reading most of my MP3 disks (skips on songs, but then may play the same file OK at a later date)
* Grayish smoke from exhaust on startup for about 5 seconds (most times)

Even with all that, what you really want to prepare yourself for is sub-par dealership service. if by chance you find a decent dealership, then even with all of these problems and more, you will be taken care of. Sadly I get the feeling I know more about the car and fixing it than the dealership techs do when I visit them (and I'm far from a mechanic). I love this car, love to drive it, but the problems so far and the lack of customer service is just way out of control in my opinion.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:53 AM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

Totaly agree with the lack of service from the dealership. It simply isn't there.
This experience could be soooo much better if Ford would regulate their service, but alas they would rather think about getting more money from hybrid products that look every bit as cheap as they are built. Yuck, Yuck!!
Old 01-10-2007, 02:06 AM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

Grinding whine in the rear end - Dealership refuses to repair it or even open up the rear end to see what the problem is.
Rattles in the dash and rear of the car.
Bad vibration at 2500 rpm on acceleration and deceleration.

I waited for 25 years to get my first Mustang. I could have waited another 25, knowing what I know now. I hope the Challenger is a better quality car but I won't hold my breath.

Steve
Old 01-10-2007, 11:54 PM
white531
1st Gear Member

Shame on me.I did not drive one of these cars before i bought one.I would give this car back if i could and i have tried.Looks alone do not make a car.I expected better quailty at 28,000 dollars.This 07 has at least 11 issues,all discussed on this forumn.My boss 429 has never leaked water,had suspension issues,rear end niose,or even scratched the window tint.I worked hard for the money to purchase this car.I can see why ford is closing plants.Just not soon enough for me.You can make all the excuses you want,but we all have owned better cars and for less money.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!