Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!

Old 12-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #81
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008, V6, PP

Coming up on 30k miles, with the only true problem being the battery dying at around 14k miles. I've had a few small rattles on the interior, fixed them pretty easily. And the only other large problem was the TPMS system likes to come on when it's really cold outside, so I had the dealer replace the sensors... Problem solved!

Great car, amazing reliability.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Steeda CAI, 91 tune, GT axle-backs w/ H-pipe, P/P stock TB. Dinosaurs!
aaquib1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #82
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 GT, 13 Vert
Send a message via MSN to Young_Gun Send a message via Yahoo to Young_Gun

Separator plate rattle.

Black 06 GT 5 speed, CAI, tuned, various electronics, scoops, nothing special

2013 Kona Blue v6 'Vert

Red 06 v6 Vert - SOLD

Tungsten 2007 v6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironh19 View Post
totally, if any animal hits my car, I will genocide that species. thats why there are no kids in my neighborhood now.
Young_Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #83
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

06 GT bought used with 16k miles. No issues at all except front strut mounts now rattle. Has been down the track at least 150 times.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Trutrac, Detroit Rockers, Moroso, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, BMR, J&M, SS Lines/ EBC Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2014 Pro Street 12.90 Class...Season Points Runner Up
12.23@114
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #84
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ford Mustang GT

2011 5.0 with 9000 miles:

Exhaust rattle(fixed)

Fuel gauge drops from 1/2 to below E occasionally with no warning

Occasional "Check Fuel Filler Inlet" warning

The cold transmission grinding problem (that Ford doesn't think is a problem)

A very annoying rattle coming from the region of the passenger door(above 60mph) which makes road trips almost intolerable unless you blast the radio to cover the rattling. It's definitely caused by air flow because on really windy days the noise is louder and begins at slower speeds.

Also while walking by or working around the car in the garage, I've seen the gauge cluster light up and turn off by itself a few times.

This is my 7th Mustang and I am quite disappointed with the overall quality. I hate to say it but I may be looking at something German the next time I get the new car itch.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is “I have no interest in cars”. If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you are no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away" - Jeremy Clarkson
mph07alloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #85
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT
Josh Baker JoshuaDBaker xxPanduh

Love my car...only problem I had was inflicted by my Golden Retriever when he put a hole in my front seat with his front paw!...fixed, love my 'Stang and wish everyone had as good of an experience as me with their vehicle.

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Triple Yellow - Ordered
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver/April '12 ROTM
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Dark Shadow Gray - Gone
2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Oxford White - Gone
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #86
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Vehicle: 06

I did break my E-brake cable by yanking it a little too hard last year.
At 80K miles, no problems still, except I had another light bulb go out.
Really p#ssed me off!! LOL.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #87
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Camaro LS

acceleration delay, i know this can be fixed with an sct tuner but i don't want to dish out money for that
-NEXT- Honda CBR600rr or Yamaha r6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGJafbxk1S8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdkrgYxCSTQ
markkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #88
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Considering all the mods I've done, I have no complaints. Interior still looks and sound good, and any other issues have to do with my aftermarket mods, not really the stock car.
Erik
06' Mustang GT prem pkg, Saleen SC/10lb kit, Donny Walsh tuned, 454rwhp(17 degrees timing), 442tk (larger Saleen heat exchanger), dual fuel pump. Complete Saleen, Steeda, H&R suspension upgrades, Techco watts link, Borla exhaust, MRT H pipe, JBA shorty headrs, Alum DS & Flywheel, dual clutch, 9,10x18 chrome bullitt wheels, 285/40/18 & 255/45/18 Nitto 555 tires. Stop-tech 14" Big brakes front, Shelby rotors rear, ss lines and pads. New car scent air freshener.
eolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #89
Alec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascal View Post
I did break my E-brake cable by yanking it a little too hard last year.
At 80K miles, no problems still, except I had another light bulb go out.
Really p#ssed me off!! LOL.
Feel like I've bitched about this before but is there something with these cars that makes them go through bulbs? I feel like I'm always having to replace one and always see S197s on the road with a taillight bulb or 2 out
Old 12-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #90
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
Feel like I've bitched about this before but is there something with these cars that makes them go through bulbs? I feel like I'm always having to replace one and always see S197s on the road with a taillight bulb or 2 out
Yeah same here, I had to replace a turn signal/tail bulb once, and a high mount not more than a week after that.

I guess it's just that we have about 7 bulbs back there so the chances of failure are exponentially higher...

Old 12-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #91
Alec
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaquib1992 View Post
Yeah same here, I had to replace a turn signal/tail bulb once, and a high mount not more than a week after that.

I guess it's just that we have about 7 bulbs back there so the chances of failure are exponentially higher...
Yeah that's true. Just had the side markers and license plate lights all go out, and have had to replace about 3 tailight bulbs and 2 front turn signal bulbs since July of 09. Soo 8 in about 2.5 years? C'mon Ford wtf
Old 12-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #92
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
Yeah that's true. Just had the side markers and license plate lights all go out, and have had to replace about 3 tailight bulbs and 2 front turn signal bulbs since July of 09. Soo 8 in about 2.5 years? C'mon Ford wtf
Yikes lol, that is ridiculous. I think LEDs were a desperately needed upgrade for the mustang, too bad ford got the idea like 10 years too late.

Seriously, all the new mustangs seem to be coming with tech that IMO should have been on the original 05+...

Old 12-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #93
ski
4th Gear Member

05 GT, manual, 31K miles.
Defective OEM battery, replacement battery discharged multiple times(revived it each time with a charger, still kicking), stuck e-brake cable, defective fuel pump, passenger footwell leak, 2 trunk leaks(one thru the rear window seal, one thru the gas fill tube/quarter panel seal), skipping CD player, 2 burned out taillights, noisy bell housing dust cover.

Would I buy another Mustang GT? In a heart beat!
(Wins: '05-'10 GT's, New Edge GT's, '05 S4 Audi, '04 GTO, '02 T/A, '01 Cobra, '79 460 stroker T/A, '72 383 stroker Malibu, '70 455 Buick GSX, '66 427 Vette, Buick GNX, C5 Vette, Chevy Syclone, STI, WRX)

Last edited by ski; 12-26-2011 at 09:49 AM.
ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:46 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
03, 2005, 2007, 427r, boston, build, car, cobra, early, fast, issues, mustang, owners, roush, sale