Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!

ORIGINAL: white531

Shame on me.I did not drive one of these cars before i bought one.I would give this car back if i could and i have tried.Looks alone do not make a car.I expected better quailty at 28,000 dollars.This 07 has at least 11 issues,all discussed on this forumn.My boss 429 has never leaked water,had suspension issues,rear end niose,or even scratched the window tint.I worked hard for the money to purchase this car.I can see why ford is closing plants.Just not soon enough for me.You can make all the excuses you want,but we all have owned better cars and for less money.
Yikes, what happened man? I'm about to plunk down about that much money on an 07. Was it the dealership's inability to fix it? Please explain!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:38 AM
MyGrabberOrangeGT
2nd Gear Member

The only problem I have is keeping it inmy garage. 3 months old and 9000 miles already. I have not had any of the problems that have been posted here, knock on wood! Also have not put it through all the paces yet either; never been over 4.5k on the tach yet, never been over 100mph (2700rpm btw), haven't lit up the tires. I guess it is just too new to me yet. Next spring after it comes back out of storage perhaps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/53664/91A1269E652C490B893B7614FF9F79B8.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MyGrabberOrangeGT

The only problem I have is keeping it inmy garage. 3 months old and 9000 miles already. I have not had any of the problems that have been posted here, knock on wood! Also have not put it through all the paces yet either; never been over 4.5k on the tach yet, never been over 100mph (2700rpm btw), haven't lit up the tires. I guess it is just too new to me yet. Next spring after it comes back out of storage perhaps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/53664/91A1269E652C490B893B7614FF9F79B8.jpg[/IMG]
gorgeous stang vert, dude.

Can we get some more votes please.

*edit*

I would like to thank everyone for giving some data and being generous with comments. Hopefully my next post will be "Guess who's got a mustaaaaaannnnng?! "
Old 01-12-2007, 06:31 AM
ZZmustang
Banned

What are you going to do with this info? customer surveys are worth a lot to manufacturers. I charge $100. to do surveys.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZZmustang

What are you going to do with this info? customer surveys are worth a lot to manufacturers. I charge $100. to do surveys.
I'm going to sell it to Ford Mo Co for $28,600
Old 01-12-2007, 12:22 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Overall, based on the survey numbers, pretty impressive. I am surprised.

As for me, I have the hood shake but to be fair I have not tried the adjustment suggested here. A couple of little problems with the Shaker 500. Also (ontwo 06 Mustangs, have had these fog-like streaks in the rear windshield - the coupe was fixed by a light tint.) Just noticed it also on my vert today while filling up. Anyone else have this - it only is noticeable in some light conditions. No real major problems after 1400 miles. (Knock on wood...)
Old 01-12-2007, 12:35 PM
razol
1st Gear Member

Honestly, it is probably premature to say. Nobody has a lot of years or miles on this design. In my own Mustang I have had 4 major problems, 3 required a a tow. Malfuctions that require towing are just unacceptable on a car that has only 2 yeaars and less than 20k miles. My service advisor and I are on a first name basis, she is a nice lady but I would rather not know her so well.

I have had a few minor fit and finish type problems as well.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:48 PM
red07gt
1st Gear Member

Only problem so far is a wheel speed sensor went bad. Dealer fixed and no problems since. I haven't had any squeaks, rattles or leaks either. However, the car is only two months old and has 1500 miles. My biggest complaint is from the wife when I say '"Im going for a drive......."
Old 01-12-2007, 01:01 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: red07gt
My biggest complaint is from the wife when I say '"Im going for a drive......."
Some wifes are like that... go figure... not the ones on MF of course.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:02 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangster06

Overall, based on the survey numbers, pretty impressive. I am surprised.

As for me, I have the hood shake but to be fair I have not tried the adjustment suggested here. A couple of little problems with the Shaker 500. Also (ontwo 06 Mustangs, have had these fog-like streaks in the rear windshield - the coupe was fixed by a light tint.) Just noticed it also on my vert today while filling up. Anyone else have this - it only is noticeable in some light conditions. No real major problems after 1400 miles. (Knock on wood...)
The rear windshield problem is normal. It's polarized glass or something. A lot of cars have it now apparently, but it's kind of annoying IMO.

Quick Reply: Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!