Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Racing Parts and 2007 GT warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 11:17 AM
blueshawk
1st Gear Member

Default Ford Racing Parts and 2007 GT warranty?

OK, I have a 2007 mustang brochure. It advertises the Ford Racing Parts Power Pak, Handling Pak and Drag Pak in the brochure as modifications you can have done to your new 2007 mustang. They also have a disclaimer that the Ford Racing Parts have no warranty. The question is....

If you have the dealer install one or all of these Paks, will Ford still honor the warranty on the mustang even though they may not warranty the Ford Racing Parts?

Keep in mind the new Shelby GT Mustang has the Power Pak and the Handling Pak and maybe parts of the Drag Pak installed in it and I'm sure it has a warranty and I bet the Ford Racing Parts are warranted too.

Thanks
Old 01-17-2007, 11:25 AM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Ford Racing Parts and 2007 GT warranty?

Depends on the Ford dealer. Your warranty can not be voided (FRPP parts or other parts) if the parts/mods can not be shown to have caused the problem. I 've read many posts about dealers that try to get out of warranty service by claiming the mods caused it and others that performed the work with no problems. I would advise you check with the dealer first and look for one that will work with you. The "disclaimer" you mentioned would concern me. Good luck!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:34 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangster06

Depends on the Ford dealer. Your warranty can not be voided (FRPP parts or other parts) if the parts/mods can not be shown to have caused the problem. I 've read many posts about dealers that try to get out of warranty service by claiming the mods caused it and others that performed the work with no problems. I would advise you check with the dealer first and look for one that will work with you. The "disclaimer" you mentioned would concern me. Good luck!
This is good advice. Talk to your dealer. Some dealers will refuse warranty service for ANY mod regardless of who made the parts or who installed them. Some dealers are OK with some mods, such as Ford brandparts or mods that they install. Other dealers are OK with pretty much anything.

"My" Ford dealer said that ANY mod would void my warranty, even if they were FRPP brand mods bought and installed through the dealership. On the other hand, there are many guys here on the forum who have dealers that are OK with their mods. Personally I don't care given that I do all my own work. But it definatley pays to talk to your dealer FIRST and find out their stance.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:21 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

As Ford's circumstances become worse you will find that anything you touch that can be proven to cause any failure, you will be on your own.........

Ford dealership in our auto center just laid off 35 people, from mangment to tech's ect......

That means this dealer is cutting cost, so there for when you try to make a claim, you better be on top of what could possibly happen, even if you have a great friendship with your dealer now,the future could be something different.......
Old 01-17-2007, 12:45 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueshawk

OK, I have a 2007 mustang brochure. It advertises the Ford Racing Parts Power Pak, Handling Pak and Drag Pak in the brochure as modifications you can have done to your new 2007 mustang. They also have a disclaimer that the Ford Racing Parts have no warranty. The question is....

If you have the dealer install one or all of these Paks, will Ford still honor the warranty on the mustang even though they may not warranty the Ford Racing Parts?

Keep in mind the new Shelby GT Mustang has the Power Pak and the Handling Pak and maybe parts of the Drag Pak installed in it and I'm sure it has a warranty and I bet the Ford Racing Parts are warranted too.

Thanks

I just started a thread about this same subject yesterday (see: "advice needed about Ford CAI & tune"), cause Downs Ford here in NJ specifically told me (assured me!) that if THEY install the FRPP themselves it will be entered on the master computer and every Ford dealer in the country will be required to honor my warranty.
Only "problem" is they're bloody expensive ($1720 total with install), and several MF members claimed that the Ford CAI & tune "SUCKS".

Old 01-17-2007, 01:00 PM
KeeJoZ
1st Gear Member

Hi,
I'm paying 1.300 for the Performance package. I got the car last week, but the items aren't in yet. The dealer told me yesterday that they've just created a new tuning for the '07 engine.
Yes, I asked when I bought the car if the could install it and if the warranty would be an issue.
They assured me that there's no problem with the warranty on the car for these parts, since ford displays them in their catalog.
I know that the dealer will source this out to a small company in order to have everything installed, so even there's no issue for the dealership.

I compared the prices with 2 dealers in my neighborhood and ended up with a difference of $700 extra for the same parts installed.
So be careful where to shop.

on the fordracingparts.com site, you can even find out where the "official" installers are situated in your area

grtz
Old 01-17-2007, 01:29 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

The larger problem is that many have proven that fords intake and tune is worthvery little at the rear tires andmaybe 15 at the crank. Where a goodBrenspeed/b a m a C&Lintake andtune is worth morelike 30 at the tires.

To me, the only warrentee I am a tad worried about killing is thedrivetrain. And even at that, it would not be the worst thing in the world if I had to build a motor as I would want some modificationsanyway I am sure.

So, I just plan to remove the intake and tune if I have to go in for service. No big deal.

The dealer has to prove that the mod caused the problem. They cannot void the warrantee on your entirecar because you changed the tune on the motor.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:59 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

I asked my dealer about this and his take was that the part you replace is NOT covered by the ford warranty, but the dealership warranties the parts they sell, except electrical parts.
And if the part you have installed, (even at the Ford Dealer) causes another part to fail than the failed part is not covered by Ford warranty or dealer warranty.

Example: you buy a Throttle body from the 2007 catalog and whoever installed it left a screw loose and it got sucked into the engine, No warranty on the engine.
or you buy shocks and one springs a leak, No Ford warranty, but there would be a dealer warranty.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:20 PM
bfoster01
I ♥ Acer

That's why they jack up the price on parts and install - to cover any possible warranty claims in the future (which they will still try to claim was your fault. I would take my chances with a 3rd party CAI and tune and use the money you save if something goes wrong and they won't cover it. You can take out the tune and CAI before any service too just in case.
ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

ORIGINAL: blueshawk

Thanks

I just started a thread about this same subject yesterday (see: "advice needed about Ford CAI & tune"), cause Downs Ford here in NJ specifically told me (assured me!) that if THEY install the FRPP themselves it will be entered on the master computer and every Ford dealer in the country will be required to honor my warranty.
Only "problem" is they're bloody expensive ($1720 total with install), and several MF members claimed that the Ford CAI & tune "SUCKS".

Old 01-17-2007, 05:28 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Ford will honor your warrany on THEIR "paks" if you have them installed at an AUTHORIZED DEALER. That is straight from them as of 11/06

but............the paks suck

Quick Reply: Ford Racing Parts and 2007 GT warranty?