Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California Special!!! First One I've Seen!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 03:56 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: California Special!!! First One I've Seen!

Maybe a Louisiana special.....it just sits there waiting for government to make the payments.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

and a Texas special would have to out do the GT500
it would have to have a bigger engine, gas tank, wider rear tires, a 4.10, and a S/C
so a 6.8L S/C (3.2 KB)w/ a 35G gas tank 315 rear tires, LSD 4.10, and dual output dual mufflers(4 tail pipes)
I agree.. for some reason everything in texas HAS to be bigger than everything else! I guess it is their way of making up for the fact that this state sucks ***... Although A new Dodge Ram Lone Star Edition is a nice looking ride...
Old 01-30-2007, 05:15 PM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

I also have the 07 Black GT/CS. Mine is minus the hood scoop, and has the Shaker 1000. I actually got mine for just under 29K as the dealer was unwilling to switch the wheels from this one to the GT Premium I was going to purchase (Tungsten with Black stripes). Threatened to walk to the next dealership and we started haggling. I love theside scoops but want to replace the stock spoiler with something else ( I bleieve the one I like is a ducktail, ro something similiarly named).

Point is, dealers will negotiate!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Yep, the first time I saw those 2-tone seats I wished I could have had those on my 2005GT!
I'd say it's a great car for people who want those add-ons like the polished bulllits, scoops tips, etc. As long as they can afford it.
But I don't think it's a great idea to mod one, if you're not going to keep it forever.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:09 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Love the blue! Thanks for sharing!

ORIGINAL: Stormbringer

Hell yeah. I love mine

Got some pics in my album.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:12 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Yes, I think you mean the decklid spoiler...and that's what I want as well. Nice choice

ORIGINAL: unsocbl

I also have the 07 Black GT/CS. Mine is minus the hood scoop, and has the Shaker 1000. I actually got mine for just under 29K as the dealer was unwilling to switch the wheels from this one to the GT Premium I was going to purchase (Tungsten with Black stripes). Threatened to walk to the next dealership and we started haggling. I love theside scoops but want to replace the stock spoiler with something else ( I bleieve the one I like is a ducktail, ro something similiarly named).

Point is, dealers will negotiate!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:47 PM
1tlcoop

I have a black GT/CS and love it.ThankGod they did not install the hood scoop on mine. I have all the upgrades and love the interor. Taking it in next week for the exhaust and CAI. I would be happy to post picturesif someone wouldtell methe eaisest way to get them up here.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Jens07stang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Yep, the first time I saw those 2-tone seats I wished I could have had those on my 2005GT!
I'd say it's a great car for people who want those add-ons like the polished bulllits, scoops tips, etc. As long as they can afford it.
But I don't think it's a great idea to mod one, if you're not going to keep it forever.
I have one and love it too. Especially the side scoops and the 18" bullit wheels. I keep thinking aboutsome dress up mods though. I figure as long as I keep all the original parts and make it completely reversible, I'm ok. Right now it's still bone stock, however.

Mine doesn't have that separate package with the hoodscoop either, nor does it have "California Special Floor Mats", just Mustang mats. I'm just so curious to know... has anyone actually seen or have the California Special Floor mats?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

ORIGINAL: JimsGT

ORIGINAL: jt14894

It looks ok!!!
I'm surprised that no other U.S. states are complaining that they don't have their own special Mustang.
How about a New York special, Florida special, or Texas Special?
Why is it always about California? California California California. WHY!!! [sm=joke.gif]
Yeah, like the '70 Dodge Challenger Western Sport Special !!! Only available to that region of the country! LOL
Because "Florida Special" rings of a Lincoln Continental with a "rag top," and blue hair behind the wheel. You Florida guys know what I mean... LOL!
Or a Delorean loaded with a couple kilos of coke!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

i do the same thing go to dealerships to look at cars..im gettinga vette soon and cant stop going to my chevy dealerships lol

Quick Reply: California Special!!! First One I've Seen!