Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 06:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Does your 2005-2007 Mustang have a water leak?

Old 11-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

2008 - Nope, only drove in the rain maybe 3 times! No water in the car after I do a water wash either.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

It just start to do it full fledged.
Came out last week and the floor board had a puddle.
Now I can't find the damn grommet to clean out.

Last edited by Tanner05; 11-17-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:30 PM
eddiep

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi eddiep,

I know multiple trips can be discouraging. Please PM me your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can review your situation.

Talk to you soon!

~Natasha
Hi Natasha, How can I contact you, I'd rather not put my VIN etc on here. The dealer was Stoneham Ford, Stoneham MA. Service adivor was Bob
Old 12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

no issues here have been in heavy rain many times. I hope to never encounter this issue. I had an 86 camaro with leaky t-tops and it was a real bitch
Old 12-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Smuckers

Mine has had the leak since I bought it in Feb. It's a 2007 CPO V6 coupe Pony Package. It had about 50k, now now around 60k. I noticed the pungent odor/mildew smell shortly after I bought it, and figured it needed a new filter.
I also noticed a cowl clip on my car isn't quite right, and the passenger side cowl is a bit warped. If it rains (regardless of how bad) my cabin filter becomes soaked, and the mildew smell returns. I live in WV, and this place is constantly humid/rainy.

Since the colder weather has set in, especially this morning, I noticed as thick a layer of frost inside, only front and rear windows, as the outside. I don't really want to take a scraper to the inside of my windshield. The windows were also frozen to the door seals. Monday through Wednesday here have been straight rain.

I did check the cowl grommets, and they are very clear. I never park under a tree if I have to. Sadly, my garage is full of a diminuitive project car, so the Mustang has to be outside.

I've put off taking the Mustang in because of my first experience with a dealer(I have always bought private party before this). It took a few months to have that dealer replace a wheel they damaged in the 10 days they kept the car to perform a flywheel TSB. I can only imagine how long a leak fix would take.

After having read so many forum posts (most of them being older now), I believe my problem mostly lies in the cowl clips, and (thankfully) is not as severe as others have. My car is the daily driver, and without a current backup, and no garage (which shouldn't be required), I am stuck with a slight leak.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:05 AM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

There are times I do find some water drops inside the passenger side seat when I get ready for work after a rain storm. I do drive the car in the heavy rain and I do get it washed in a regular basis and in those instances, there hasn't been any water in the car.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:25 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

ive got my 07...67k miles...was on a trip to Maryland last month and was driving through heavy rain...took my shoes off while i was sdriving and stepped in a huge puddle on the floor mat...checked the passenger side, dry as a bone...driver side in one certain spot was a puddle, makes no sense
Old 12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Stangueray

Default 2007 Convertible Rain Leak / Door Holding Water

Thanks for having this thread. Have learned a little quickly and look forward to learning more from all of you.

I've been having problems with my 07 lately. When it rains, water becomes stuck in the passenger/driver doors. You can hear it swishing around while you drive.

This has been going on for a while (maybe 8 or 9 months). It usually goes away within 24 hours. I have not been to the dealer about this.

Last night, while driving home in the rain, Water began gushing slightly to the right and beneath the glove compartment.

Today, water continued to drip out of the same area and all over the passenger side mat.

I'm out of warranty and working with limited finances. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Smuckers

Originally Posted by Stangueray
Thanks for having this thread. Have learned a little quickly and look forward to learning more from all of you.

I've been having problems with my 07 lately. When it rains, water becomes stuck in the passenger/driver doors. You can hear it swishing around while you drive.

This has been going on for a while (maybe 8 or 9 months). It usually goes away within 24 hours. I have not been to the dealer about this.

Last night, while driving home in the rain, Water began gushing slightly to the right and beneath the glove compartment.

Today, water continued to drip out of the same area and all over the passenger side mat.

I'm out of warranty and working with limited finances. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Try checking the drain holes on your doors. I noticed on mine last week (had the sloshing sound in the passenger door only) that the drain holes still had the Ford clips in them, blocking them off. At first not much water came out once they were removed, but the last 3 days of rain caused them to flush out.

Also, I've noticed the doors do not drain properly on my car (driver or passenger side) when the door is always closed. No blockages that I can find in the drain system, but I think either the door seal design blocks the holes, or just the overall door-to-body shape. Every time I open my driver's door after an overnight rain, I wait for the water to pour out of the door. At most it's a cup of water. The same thing happens now with the passenger side since removing the clips I mentioned above. I hope this helps your situation out.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:25 PM
BlueGTDreams

My 2007 GT Coupe has been so called fixed 2 times for this passenger side water leak and is back into shop to fix again. This last time I was sick in bed and did not know it had leaked again and to my surprise the additional moisture inside the car with the windows up caused the center panels on my doors to become unglued and they just fell. I'm getting very tired of this repetitive repair along with the musky smell.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does your 2005-2007 Mustang have a water leak?