Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 06:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Does your 2005-2007 Mustang have a water leak?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:13 PM
axe2grind

Angry Yes it leaks

I've had this car 2005 mustang v6 for a little over 2 years and this just started happening about a month ago. However even thought I live in Florida I haven't driven in really bad rain until recently.

Last edited by axe2grind; 04-15-2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Added year /model
Old 05-28-2009, 10:46 AM
rslaurie
1st Gear Member

Yes, have had leaks on and off for 2 years. The current one is not as bad, but it needs to be fixed. So far back to the dealer 3 times for this occurrance and am waiting for the call to say they "fixed" it. Each time they say they found the lead and fixed it. Then the next time it rains I have water in the same place again. What a mess.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:08 AM
John-Mark

I have a 2006 GT hard top and had no problems for the last two years. But in the last month I have had a major leaking problem into the passenger side of the car. Water coming in during a heavy rain. Enough to leave standing water on the passenger side floor. When the car is standing still there is no indication of the water leaking in till I am moving and make a left turn, then the water rushes in literally or when accelerating after having been at a stop light.

Last edited by John-Mark; 06-08-2009 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 06-08-2009, 10:31 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

My 05 GT leaks water onto the front passenger's side footwell area. It happens only during heavy rain when the temps are cool(34-50F). Since the car is out of warranty I live with it by protecting the SJB area with a waterproof "hood" that diverts water droplets onto the floor at the base of the exterior side of the plastic kick panel. Also, a folded paper towel is located under the bottom of the plastic kick panel to sop up any water, which is checked after every rainfall and replaced when it gets damp.

TSB 08-26-7 addresses the leakage problem. Unfortunately, it cannot be attached to this post due to its large .pdf file size.
Also, check the 2 black rubber drains located at the bottom of the firewall in the engine compartment, which are not addressed in the TSB. They can get clogged with debris, and cause water to overflow from that area into the car's interior. They can be removed by pressing their sides together, and pulling downward.

Last edited by ski; 06-08-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

I had a leak after I took my car to the car wash. Its due to a loose piece of foam inside the fender on the passenger side. I'm getting it fixed when I get the chance, but so far the only time it happened was at the car wash
Old 06-08-2009, 10:43 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by John-Mark
I have a 2006 GT hard top and had no problems for the last two years. But in the last month I have had a major leaking problem into the passenger side of the car. Water coming in during a heavy rain. Enough to leave standing water on the passenger side floor. When the car is standing still there is no indication of the water leaking in till I am moving and make a left turn, then the water rushes in literally or when accelerating after having been at a stop light.
Have you cleaned the cowl drains? Evap drain?
Old 06-10-2009, 12:02 PM
budstang

I found this forum by accident while trying to find out were to look for leaks in my 05 stang. After reading many of the post here seems I'm not the only one. Same as many other stated, I've had the car for a year now (bought it used) and it just started leaking. Sometimes not, but mostly in heavy rains and it does build up somewhere and busts loose when stopping or turning. Going under the cowl tonight to see if I can find where it enters the car. Got to be clogged drain line or where wiring or the cabin air filter located below the cowl enters. Also have an 04 GT and it has never leaked. Talk to Ford Dealer and they said bring it in and we'll find it, don't have time to leave with them for days, they said "maybe" the cowl needs replacing.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

I apologize for not reading the entire thread. My 2008 Mustang GT had the leak a couple weeks after i took delivery. It was in the shop twice. The problem seems to have been fixed after the second time, but only time (and moisture) will tell.

Here's the TSB if it hasn't been posted prior:

http://www.juntechnologies.com/bd/tsb07-14-06.pdf

Good luck
Old 07-10-2009, 03:48 PM
budstang

Thanks to all the info here, and the diagram someone posted from a tech. bulletin, I checked under the cowl of my 05 stang and at the very bottom just under the cabin vent filter is a drain hole, easily clogged by leaves or trash. With the help of a shop vac, I sucked all kinds of trash, old crumbled leaves and twigs that had gotten in and water backed up until it came in the filter opening into the cabin, happy to report after two hard rains, no leaks. Also I was told by another 06 owner, their's also leaked -they went straight to the local Ford dealer and they were aware of the problem and fixed it. There seems to be different problems depending on year of the car. Thanks again for all the valuable info.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:41 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Yep, leaks every once in ablue moon,
but when it does, Katy bar the door.
Here is the TSB on it.

Quick Reply: Does your 2005-2007 Mustang have a water leak?