Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little dissapointed, but it's all good

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Little dissapointed, but it's all good

ORIGINAL: markus51

You've gotten some good advice from the gang on this forum Son.... Take it from them.. Don't do it!!! You are gonna weigh yourself down with debt and sure you might be driving around in a nice car but when you find that cutie to take out on a date whacha good do? McDonalds? We're not being haters here.. We've just been there or know somebody who has been there before.. Car Payments aren't a great thing no matter what age... and for an 18 year old??? Forget about it... Save those funds for doing what most of us did at 18.. hanging out, sportin nice clothes, and chasin the ladies.. That Foxbody looks like a nice deal.. I'd jump on that and put a little work into her to make her all yours... You'd have your Stang and money to enjoy it..

Good luck on your choice..

markus
Well said.

It looks so easy on paper. I put off buying a new car for a long time, kept driving my 95 tbird to 250,000 miles until I was good and ready to commit to having car payments again. Im glad I waited! Better off on the money situation, and look at the car I got to pick out from waiting! If I didnt wait I would not have a S197 mustang thats for sure.

Good things come to those who wait.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:32 AM
captainxanax
1st Gear Member

Money is easier to spend than earn... I do alright, but for the most part, well, I guess I am a broke joke. LOL, anyway. I got my car, and I read a post that said something about being able to "drive" a mustang.

I think this is a very important point. For instance, prior to my mustang, I owned a focus. The tires & brakes cost $xxx.xx to fix. The cost on a mustang is a little more. So, I want to upgrade my rotors, lines, et cetera, plus therubber & wheels at about 20k miles. Whatwill that cost...???

Can you afford to "drive" the mustang? <== the real question. Almost anyone, on paper, can pay for one, especially when signed at 0/72.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:58 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

yup. Don't be in a rush... or get the v6 at the most. You have a lot of things a head of you... a car is not your priority. Interestingly.. the prices you list seem low.. I pay $375/month for an 07 v6, 3 year loan with no money down... and I have great credit (own a house...etc).

I waited until I was 32 to buy the stang... you might not have to wait that long (I went to graduate school).. but trust me... being able to afford it is worth the wait.. making the decision between eating and a car is not...

ORIGINAL: StangNeWbieDJB

You only live once??? So, why spend that ONE life struggling??? Keep your Focus...pay it off and move out on your own...you can't get laid in the back seat of a stang(well ok but it's REALLY difficult!! LOL!!!) or at mom and dads house...plus what's better? Having a fast nicer car and living under someone else’s rules...or being one of only a handful of 18 year olds living on their own?

I had a Focus before the Stang and really liked that car...smokes any other car in its class stock for stock (ZX3 model... the sedan is a little slower).
Old 02-08-2007, 01:29 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

1300 a month! dude, get a vette!
Old 02-08-2007, 03:12 AM
FirStang

I agree with everyone who says wait off on purchasing a GT for now. Going to college will put you in a tough financial situation. I should know, I owe $20,000 in school loans and that's actually not that bad for a 4 year university. I would wait till you are done with school and find a good & stable job before purchasing a $28,000+ car. Build your credit in the meantime and it will pay off big time by the time you make your car purchase.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:02 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Get a loan at a private bank I.E. I bank at wescom. Granted i have more credit now that im past 18 but even at 18 they gave me pretty much whatever i wanted. IF you go through a small bank you can probably get a better deal than financing through ford. Small banks tend to be easier to deal with and if you do good with them after a few years you go in and tell them you want money and they give it to you.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:51 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chaosangelxx

I have just recently gotten my new job making roughly 1300$ a month. and am beginning to rethink my choice to keep my focus and getthe mustang. so i took a lil trip to nationwide today to get quoted for the mustang i might get...and needless to say im gonna be waiting a while lol...293$ a month for the GT, but the V6 is about 200$ a month...i currently pay 154 on my focus. so now im on the look out for a used GT, are there any problems i should look for in an 05?...i heard the 05s where bad for hood rattle and some other things. so im torn between keeping my focus and getting the stang.
i kinda wanna know how much different the insurance price would be between the 05 and 07 stangs...i forgot to ask and dont really feel like driving back up there lol.

i apologize for the fact that i kept on the same subject as my other thread but i want to take everything into consideration and notmake too bad ofachoice.
I'm 29, and just bought an '07 GT...My insurance came due on it for the next 6 months, and it's $550.63 for it here in Southern California. Originally, they quoted me $642 every 6 months, but they just sent me a renewal notice quoting the $550.63, which includes my roadside assistance, rental car, and $50 deductible.

My agent at State Farm has gotten me one heck of a hookup, and I can't complain one bit!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Kearsed

your probably going to spend about a 1/4th or 1/5th on gas alone....

What are you going to buy your girlfriend?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:32 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Kearsed

I'm 22 and this year I am getting an inheritence check for 40,000 dollars and im still not sure if I want to do it. Also, I just got a pretty good job at Boeing, but I am most likely getting an Mustang later this year (07 if they have the one I want still, or an 08)

My friend told me you only live once, and if I didn't have the money I probably would not do it, but since I can pay it off with cash the meaning you only live once kinda makes it worth it.

I am friggin tired of driving a Camry

Invest!!!!! You only live once, but you dont want to be living in a shelter when your 80 because you can't work. Look up some good investments, 40k can be alot of money in 10 years if done right!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerjan

1300 a month! dude, get a vette!
LOL! My boat payment is $1388 per month alone!