Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing some Roush items. Any help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Viridian
2nd Gear Member

Default Missing some Roush items. Any help?

I've been collecting various exterior parts for my car since I bought it last July. I bought Roush louvers immediately, as well as the CDC aggressive chin spoiler. Over the next few months, I purchased the Roush hood scoop and the Cervinis ducktail spoiler. I wanted to get everything painted at once to make sure everything matched properly.

Here's where my problems started. Irecently hada local body shoppaint everything and install the CDC aggressive chin spoiler and Cervinis ducktail spoiler. I also asked them to install the Roush hood scoop. I gave them all the hardware and instructions I had received. They called me the next day, saying they were mssing the black grille piece to the hood scoop. Without that, they couldn't complete installation of the scoop.

I know I put that piece in the trunk with everything else, but now it's gone. I searched the entire car top to bottom, as well as my garage. It's NOT there. I implied to the body shop that they may have lost it, but they insist they didn't. So what do I do now? I talked to Roush about ordering a replacement, and they said they don't sell that black grille piece separately from the scoop itself. Does anyone know how to get a replacement without shelling out another $150?

Also, since July of last year I've moved from Florida to Georgia (military). I keep all my "car stuff" together,but nowI don't seem to have the mounting template for my Roush louvers. I wanted to install those myself, but it's much more difficult to do without knowing where to put those brackets. Does anyone still have their template that I could use?

I'd like to get the rest of this stuff so I can put some pictures up. The chin spoiler and ducktail look great so far.

SUMMARY:
I need the black grille piece from a Roush hood scoop.
I need the mounting template for Roush quarter window louvers

Thanks,
Old 02-17-2007, 12:21 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Missing some Roush items. Any help?

Sorry I can't help you on the issues you mentioned in your post. I do have a question, what color is your car? The reason I ask is because I have the Roush modified headlights. I am selling them if you or if any one else is interested.They are white. Let me know if you would be interested.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:52 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

GiveRoush customer service a call. Their customer service is excellent. I bought a rush fron end and a few of the pieces were missing also. I called them up and they sent me everything I needed. Service was fast and friendly. I can't say enough positive things about them.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Viridian
2nd Gear Member

I talked to Roush directly, and they told me to contact a "local" Roush dealer. I'll try giving them a call the next time they're open.

Has anyone dealt with Summit Racing before? They're the closest dealer to me.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Viridian
2nd Gear Member

Well, I seem to be getting the runaround from Roush. They tell me to talk to one of their dealers, and their dealers tell me to talk directly to Roush.

I find it hard to believe that only one grille piece exists for every hood scoop they ever made.

It's just kind of frustrating driving around with holes in my hood and no realsolution in sight...
Old 02-19-2007, 09:09 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

I can understand the frustration, and I know this is not a solution to the issue.But, if your hood has already been drilled for the Roush, why not go ahead and install it without the front piece you are missing, until you get it? Just don't peel the backing from the 3M tape. The remaining four bolts are more than enough to hold the scoop....

Just a thought....

Mike
Old 02-19-2007, 09:09 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Did you buy your scoop directly from Roush? Did you tell them that the black insert did not come in? or did you tell them it was lost? Just thinking out loud, but what if you tell them it did not come in with the shipment? I know... just trying to help here.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Viridian
2nd Gear Member

I bought the scoop from Americanmuscle.com, not from Roush. I haven't gotten any word back from American Muscle yet.

I'll call Roush again tomorrow and raise some hell. The only problem is, I can only feasibly get one of the parts that I need. I don't think they'll buy the fact that I'm missing a piece from the scoop and the louvers.

I suppose I could install the scoop as is, but considering the scoop isn't painted on the inside, it would probably look evenmore ghetto than having black masking tape covering the holes in the hood.

Thanks for the suggestions though, guys.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Viridian
2nd Gear Member

Well, I had some success with the hood scoop piece. They're sending one out to me. I decided not to press my luck by asking about the louvers. I figure I may be able to get that templatefrom someone on this site.