Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WATER LEAK - RECALL TIME

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 02:35 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: WATER LEAK - RECALL TIME

Sorry to hear you have had so many serious problems - sounds bad at such low miles. I would have gotten rid of it by now - especially since you have 4 stangs. What do you like about it so much?

ORIGINAL: xbone

I dont know if mine leaks because it stays under cover and i dont drive it in the rain. I have 4 stangs 2 trucks and a van. The stangs stay dry, cuz just like my old ones the new ones leak. Ive had my tranny out on the 06 at 1k miles, and at 2500 miles they have to replace all the injectors and spark plugs. Maybe you guys like hangin around the dealer but i dont. I will dump this car if it keeps acting up because its just a hunk of metal, nothing special, and in this day and age of technology and quality control if Ford cant build a friggin car more reliable than the last generation they deserve to go broke.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:37 PM
DJACKSO
1st Gear Member

Is it really necessary to begin another thread on this topic? Don't get angry! I've had my mustang back to the dealer 4 times. It just seems that this topic is "dripping" all over the place.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:45 PM
kcstangin

Yeah, my '06 has had four separate leaks down the passenger side. Kind of developing a musty smell in the car. Very dissapointed.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:57 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

I'm starting to get a little annoyed with the crap going on with my car too...I got my'06 GTin September, and it's been at the dealer more times than I can remember:

October - took it back 3 times to get rid of a brake noise problem and then some other problem I can't remember off hand.

November - found 2 inches of water on the floor in my backseat on the passenger side on Thanksgiving night. Dealer fixed the leak but didn't even bother drying the carpet.

December - neighbor's kid's friend backed into the side of my car- I know, not Ford's fault lol

January went pretty smooth, no problems

February - my left rearturn signal just went out. Tried replacing the bulb, but that didn't fix it. While taking off the cover in the trunk the plastic buttons broke on me, went looking for one and found that my spare tirewell had water in it.

Now I have to bring it back in to get the leak and the turn signal looked at. I haven't seen any wetness in the front by the kickpanel, but that doesn't mean it doesn't concern me - I just hope that I'm checking it right! I wonder what else is going to go wrong with the car. I love the car, but this really stinks.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: azstanglover

Let me get this straight.You're angry over a problem that you don't even have?
Nothing wrong with that. Even though i don't have a mustang yet, i too am very angry about this problem. I was all set to order one a couple months back but decided against it for the time being.

People are angry because they have a lot of faith in the Mustang and Ford dissapoints us with quality control issues...THAT IS NO WAY RELATED TO PRICE!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

getting "angry" over other peoples problems that you read about on the internet is just plain silly. People fiond these boards for the purposes of asking questions about their problems, not to post only good things. Go to ANY board; SRT, BMW, GTO, Caddy, Audi....and people are bitching about one thing or another.

The poll results for the leak are not particularly astounding; out of all of the "angry" posters and owners, less than 10% of the FORUM Members, whcih include a higher number of problemed owners, reports a leak.

As far as I have read, the people that have the problem are getting it fixed, some with more success than others. So......there is/was a quality problem and Ford is allowing their dealer network to service it. That is always the way in the auto biz. Are some companies better than others? Yes. Is Fordsuddenlyfalling apart at the seams? No, this is par for the course (Ford may befalling apart at the seams for other reasons). The people that are having bad luck with their dealers have a right to be angry, but.....I don't see what there is for the rest of us to get riled up about.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:39 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

you should complain to the federal govt about that leak you sprung last night...

ORIGINAL: xbone

I dreamed i screwed a virgule last night. Oh wait, i meant a virgin. It was a wet dream too. Verrryy wet.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:45 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

of the NUMEROUS leak threads i've seen i've not heard anyone complain about uncontrolled brake-light operation.

now, i havenot read each and every post as they are usually redundant.

most complain about the musty smell.

i just think you are misdirecting your efforts as far as a federal recall is concerned.

but good luck!

ORIGINAL: mail906
Andof course it's a safety issue [uncontrolled brake-light operation; etc.]
Old 02-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

getting "angry" over other peoples problems that you read about on the internet is just plain silly. People fiond these boards for the purposes of asking questions about their problems, not to post only good things. Go to ANY board; SRT, BMW, GTO, Caddy, Audi....and people are bitching about one thing or another.

The poll results for the leak are not particularly astounding; out of all of the "angry" posters and owners, less than 10% of the FORUM Members, whcih include a higher number of problemed owners, reports a leak.

As far as I have read, the people that have the problem are getting it fixed, some with more success than others. So......there is/was a quality problem and Ford is allowing their dealer network to service it. That is always the way in the auto biz. Are some companies better than others? Yes. Is Fordsuddenlyfalling apart at the seams? No, this is par for the course (Ford may befalling apart at the seams for other reasons). The people that are having bad luck with their dealers have a right to be angry, but.....I don't see what there is for the rest of us to get riled up about.
I don't think it's silly. It is true you interface with a digital representation, but there's still a real person dealing with a real problem on the other side. And for the most part people here don't blow it out of proportion or lie, and simply post that thier car is leaking and making musty smells/ electrical malfunctions. They have every right to get angry, it is a new car with a lot of money invested in it. And the problem has been around for 3 years, and instead of fixing the problem Ford spends money on R&D to give us satellite navigation systems and interior lighting packages. To me that just dosen't make sense.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

I am a big fan of getting the leak fixed (and a new carpet that isn't soiled with mold) for free via a recall.

Quick Reply: WATER LEAK - RECALL TIME