Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S197 owners not real Mustang Enthusiasts??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:58 PM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: S197 owners not real Mustang Enthusiasts??

ORIGINAL: jpeng16990
I think, that the second a person is willing to buy a mustang-no matter what body/year, they have become a mustang enthusiast by default. Most people buy a car because they genuinely like it except for a few rare cases. Granted, if by enthusiast you mean, putting a picture of your car as the screensaver, washingher every weekend, giving her a name, pouring thousands of dollars into her after youve bought her, then ok; maybe not an enthusiast by that definition
Second that.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:05 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

I love the new Mustangs but used to own a 69'Boss. The new styles are certainly one of the nicer styles out there and its good Ford decided to bring back the retro style. I also like the mid 90's and the 99-04style. Just forget about the 74-late 70's.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:07 PM
DJACKSO
1st Gear Member

Ok, you got me! I'm busted! I hate Mustangs. I hated that my first car was a 65 Mustang Convertable. I hated dreaming about it all these years. I hated the years I waited for my kids to grow up so that I could hate getting another one! I just love to hate Mustangs.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
olfrt

I fell for the retro looks of my Mustang, I have had muscle cars all my life, from Corvetts to 390 engined AMX. I drive my 6 with with as much enjoyment as any of the cars I have owned and enjoy adding things to make itthe way I want it. there comes a time in your life when street racing is not necessary to your self image but we all go through it. so we all enjoy our cars for our own reasons.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

i complety understand where he's coming from. i know someS 197owners (younger guys) that always knock other mustangs as if they were imports or something
Old 02-28-2007, 03:14 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Who cares how the car ran if it was so butt ugly.....Stang IIs were a disgrace and the fox was marginally better. There's are lots of great years and the history of the car is awesome. Yes, I have had my run ins with Ford and swore I wouldn't own another one after my Bronco was in the shop 29 times, but I lied
I couldn't help myself when the new Stangs came out.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Whatever makes yo feel better about yourself.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

I am on my 4th Mustang now with my 06, so definitely a enthusiast here. Volunteered for a local Mustang club when I was younger and make it out to 3 or 4 shows a year and partake on forums, I'm about as enthusiast as it gets.

But you should be happy these "non enthusiasts" are buying the cars, even if it is just for the looks because it helps us have this vibrant aftermarket we enjoy. If we didn't have the masses of these "unpure" buyers we wouldn't have as much selection and quality we do.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brute03

i complety understand where he's coming from. i know someS 197owners (younger guys) that always knock other mustangs as if they were imports or something
To be considered an enthusiasts I have to love all years and models of mustangs?

I'm one of those 'younger guys' that loves mustangs, but there are some certain models I just never had an eye for, the fox body for example.

First it goes to S197 owners, now it goes to 'Young' S197 owners, whats next, White Young 11 toedmustang owners?

People have their opinion, but seriously how hypocritical is it when you make a post about S197 owners not being enthusiasts, then say your buying an S197, maybe your the one whos not an enthusiasts, not us..
Old 02-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Playboy06

ORIGINAL: Brute03

To be considered an enthusiasts I have to love all years and models of mustangs?

I'm one of those 'younger guys' that loves mustangs, but there are some certain models I just never had an eye for, the fox body for example.

First it goes to S197 owners, now it goes to 'Young' S197 owners, whats next, White Young 11 toedmustang owners?

People have their opinion, but seriously how hypocritical is it when you make a post about S197 owners not being enthusiasts, claim to be an enthusiast, then say your buying an S197, maybe your the one whos not an enthusiasts, not us..

Quick Reply: S197 owners not real Mustang Enthusiasts??