Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S197 owners not real Mustang Enthusiasts??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 05:07 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: S197 owners not real Mustang Enthusiasts??

You would be safer in Iraq with blond hair and blue eyes,
As an 8 year old boy I sat in a '70 Boss 302 in a Ford showroom, HOOKED !!
My "first" was a '72 coupe,nothing special as 'stangs go, but it was mine.
Paint,rims and tires and I had a cool car, I was STOKED when the S197's came out
Because from 2004 back I got tired of looking at 'JELLYBEAN " designs.
Go to your chevy dealer and wait for a camaro, dueshybag.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:14 PM
prozac
2nd Gear Member

Ok guys so Ill call this the obvious answer to the guy who started this thread.

he stated that he was aTRUE mustang enthusiast and so was his father, lets take it a step further and say his grandfather was as well, now somewhere down the line in his family's heritage there was a point where noone in his family owned a mustang (this I promise) so when the first generation mustang enthusiast in his family came about it was probably because they liked the styling or the features of the car and purchased it based on that, now if later he/she became a huge mustang enthusiast after driving this car and passed it on for manygenerations then that is great but you should realize that every mustang enthuiast has a beginning, and for many this new body style has sparkedthe beginning of mustang enthusiasts for generations to come, it certainly hasin my own family. My dad did own a mustang (a yellow BOSS) which is why Ialso own a yellow one (mines a v6 though : ( ) but I would not consider mydad a mustang enthusiast just because he owned one, when this body style came out i decided i had to have it, and therefore I bought it. its not that complicated. But just because mustang mania hasnt been in your family for generations does not mean you arenot a TRUE enthusiast.My brotherand I were raised by a hard-nosed conservative father ... my brother is acard carryingbleeding heart liberal now ... does this mean he is not a TRUE liberal??? I think not.

so sir if you have a problem with first generation mustang enthusiast then carryon about your merry way because we do not need you here ... every mustang enthusiast family started somewhere just like yours did and many that have bought their first one as an s197 model will buy many more to come. and i suppose somewhere along the line you too will consider these people TRUE mustang enthusiasts.

I think it woulod be fair to say anyone who cares enough to join a forum about their car is certainly an enthusiast to some degree

Good Day
Zach
Old 02-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DJACKSO

Ok, you got me! I'm busted! I hate Mustangs. I hated that my first car was a 65 Mustang Convertable. I hated dreaming about it all these years. I hated the years I waited for my kids to grow up so that I could hate getting another one! I just love to hate Mustangs.
Same here. I hated my '70 Sports Roof that I spent 100's of hours and all my income at 16 moding. That '88 GT I got to cure my mid life crisses at 30. Terrible color, being Bright Regata Blue with silver accent. What was I thinking, only to have bought a '07 Vista Blue Pony Package. I don't know how I sleep at night.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:23 PM
nem
2nd Gear Member

i still dont understand the point (if any) of this thread. makes no senseat all.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:24 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckshot Barry

Same here. I hated my '70 Sports Roof that I spent 100's of hours and all my income at 16 moding. That '88 GT I got to cure my mid life crisses at 30. Terrible color, being Bright Regata Blue with silver accent. What was I thinking, only to have bought a '07 Vista Blue Pony Package. I don't know how I sleep at night.
[sm=lol.gif] It's ok, there is a cure. Jump in the pony and go for a drive. BAM......now you can live with yourself for another day. Poor poor mustang owners.......we have it so tough. But somebody's gotta do it.
[8D]
Old 02-28-2007, 05:27 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

I felt enthused when I bought my '01.

I felt enthused when I bought my '07.

Do I qualify to be labeled an "Enthusiast"?

I haven't read this thread in it's entirety (nor do I intend to). However, what little I have read seems pointless and could be considered insulting. No one should have to be labeled an "Enthusiast" in order to have pride-in-ownership. To anyone who would suggest otherwise, I offer my sincerest " Thank you and have a nice day."[sm=shades.gif]
Old 02-28-2007, 05:31 PM
brewcity
2nd Gear Member

I am one of the people that just bought the car for its looks...well the 0% is the real reason i got the car in the first place, but dont get me wrong i love the car and i have owned a few other fords, Taurus, and tempo lol but never a mustang, and i dont think any of the other mustangs look any good as a matter of fact i kinda hate the looks of the other stangs other than some of the oldies. the one thing i can tell you for sure though is i would not have even thought about buying this car if it wasnt for the 0% and will probaly never buy another one unless i get 0% again... but i do take pride in ownership and will keep her fresh and clean till the day i get rid of her, wich probaly wont be till she no longer drives and needs to be junked...so say what 20-30 years lol
Old 02-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Im more a dog fan... horses are so big and gassy... but dogs... now theres a loyal animal...
Old 02-28-2007, 05:57 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

I find it funny you question ford entheuists but only mention the fox and sn models. a "real" enthusiast starte with the earlier models from the 60's and 70's . so the s197 fits in with true enthusiast even more.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:59 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

I am not a mustang enthusiast but am I very enthusiastic about my mustang. I bought the car not for its looks, but for comfort and its ability to be easily modded. I bought it as a project car with a specific goalin mind.

Quick Reply: S197 owners not real Mustang Enthusiasts??