Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another beautiful stang bites the dust!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL
Default RE: Another beautiful stang bites the dust!!!!

Wow, I really feel crappy for you! I absolutely love the look of your car and to see you with this kind of damage is really disappointing. I can only imagine how YOU must feel.

That guy is lucky I wasn't in your passenger seat cuz I would have smacked the smart comments right out of his mouth! Friggin' rams into you and has the nerve to ask what YOU were doing? Yeah, he needs an ***-kickin'!!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:37 AM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

That really sucks. I remember how much research you were doing on clear turn signals. You are a dedicated stang owner! Don't toss in the towel and even, get a second opinion!

Glad you're not hurt.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

Stowes ... like the rest, I'm glad you're ok. I also can relate to the sentiment that "it's only a car" is a bit hollow when you love your vehicle as much as all of us do. Granted, being physically ok is the number one priority and all, but once that's assured ... seeing your car like that is gut-wrenching. You'll love your next one just as much though so stay positive!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:40 AM
ryterngki
2nd Gear Member

Man, that stinks about your Mustang. I'm glad you and your husband are ok. Looks like your Mustang did it's job and protected you in that accident. Pay her back and give it a try after she gets fixed and then decide if you want to keep her.

As for the other guys insurance- don't let them rip you off. Keep in mind that an insurance makes its money by keeping it and not paying out. Because of the situation I'd take them for all you can. You have a good husband there, too. I have too short a temper for my own good and would have bitch slapped the guy and provoked him into something else that would have hurt my collection chances.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Good to hear your ok
I would have punched him in the throat put him on the tracks
Old 03-06-2007, 02:23 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puckhog407

Stowes ... like the rest, I'm glad you're ok. I also can relate to the sentiment that "it's only a car" is a bit hollow when you love your vehicle as much as all of us do. Granted, being physically ok is the number one priority and all, but once that's assured ... seeing your car like that is gut-wrenching. You'll love your next one just as much though so stay positive!

+ 10........!!

Hopefully a year from now when you're cruising in your brand new GT this will all just be a distant memory...........
Old 03-06-2007, 02:30 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie
ORIGINAL: Puckhog407
+ 10........!!

Hopefully a year from now when you're cruising in your brand new GT this will all just be a distant memory...........
yes time heals almost all wounds
Old 03-06-2007, 02:45 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

I'm so sorry to see this. Glad you werent hurt. You were the epitome of what a stang owner should be. A person who is passionate about their car and just enjoys taking it for a cruise. I know how it feels with not being able to drive your baby for a while since I have to store mine for 5 months. Don't give up hope, cause very soon you'll be driving that stang or a new one. It just sucks to think that this same thing can happen to any of us with so many stupid drivers on the streets.

BTW... PM me your address and I will send you one of the GT500 posters I have. I know it isn't much, but maybe just something to help cheer you up from one stang lover to another.

Rich
[align=left] [/align]
Old 03-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Rrruss
1st Gear Member

I was in a similar accident 2 years ago. I was sitting in traffic on a backed up off ramp when the person behind me just failed to stop. I was driving a GMC van and the bumper took most of the damage.

I thought I was fine, but starting the next morning and for the next week I was in agony. I closest way I could describe it is how I felt during summer football practice back in high school, as bad as that was this pain was much worse. I try to keep in pretty good shape (situps, weights, treadmill 3 or 4 times a week) but that one hit from behind stopped all that for a week. It hurt sit down on or get up from a chair

None of it appears to have caused any permanent or lingering effects, butI probably should have pursued some sort of action against the guy.

So if youhave any soreness in the next few days go getchecked out and report it to your insurance. I feel I was lucky not to have any lingering problems, and the only thing that prevented it was the fact that I was in pretty good shape.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:24 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Firstoff I am glad you and your hubby are not hurt (physically). Second, I would get a new one too and put all the mods on that one. You already took a major screwing by getting hit by that a#$hole! Obviously it is his fault 100% as he hit you from behind and any accident where you get hit from behind the person that hit you from behind is 100% at fault as he wasn't paying attention to what was right in front of him. No excuses for him in this case. I believe things happen for a reason even if we don't understand the reasoning. So maybe this will lead you to bigger and better things! I mean I just got done watching your vids on the car screeching its tires and you recording! I love those videos by the way. Your car will be missed but you can pay tribute to her by buying yourself a new one at thatpricks expense! I am sorry this happened and to you of all people as you really do love that car and take great care of it! Take care J

Quick Reply: Another beautiful stang bites the dust!!!!