Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsas + off-road h-pipe = LOUD (w/ video)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:10 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Default Corsas + off-road h-pipe = LOUD (w/ video)

I put on the pypes off-road h-pipe yesterday and my first impression was HOLY CRAP it's loud!!
Idle sounds great. It's deeper and louder than with just the Corsas.
WOT is just plain deadly sounding.
The volume of the exhaust note is fine by me, but my only concern is the tone of the exhaust note. It changed a lot more drastically than I expected. At certain times it almost sounds like it's straight pipe all the way down. Tomorrow I'll be getting under the car to check all the bolts to make sure everything is tight (supposed to do this after 50 miles or so i think). I'll also be checking for leaks. I think one of the pipes on the driver's side is rubbing one of the little heat guards so I'll have to look at that too.
Overall i'm happy with it but i just wish i hadn't lost that deep grumble it had at low speeds (under 30 mph). The gumble is there at idle, when coasting, and when using cruise control but when i'm on the gas (no matter how softly) it sounds kind of raspy (best way I can describe it). There is more interior noise but that's to be expected. It's almost not noticable when cruising at a constant speed (65-70).

I'll have videos from inside and outside the car tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:58 AM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Corsas + off-road h-pipe = LOUD

Sounds really cool. It kind of answers a question I had on a thread I posted earlier.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:12 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

I Demand a sound clip!
Old 03-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

not surprised... as the Corsa is a straight thru design... I love mine with the rest of the exhaust stock
Old 03-31-2007, 12:18 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

hmmm i might stick with my stingers and h-pipe then...i dont want to go down the raspy road really and the drone isnt a complaint of mine anyway.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Nixtang
1st Gear Member

Did you have any error codes after the h-pipe install, or did you just get an updated tune?

Nick
Old 03-31-2007, 07:32 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Here are a few vidoes. It was hard to get a good WOT video since it's kind of wet outside. I'll get some better videos when it dries up around here.

I checked all the bolts today to make sure they're all tight and they are. I also found what was causing the vibration and fixed that. It was the arm coming off the passenger side part of the H-pipe that goes into the gromet...it was pushed to the outside and rubbing a bolt. I did notice after starting it and checking for leaks that there is a slight leak on both sides where the header fits to the flange on the h-pipe. It's not making a leaking sound (pst pst pst) but I can feel it. Has anyone else noticed this before?

WOT from outside:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nISt2ZoKVDg

WOT from a roll from the inside:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PJXwoljdWs

Revving and idle from the outside: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTOBpr41K64

I have a video with cruising from inside the car but for some reason there's a lot of noise in the video. It'spretty quiet just cruising at 65-70.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:34 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nixtang

Did you have any error codes after the h-pipe install, or did you just get an updated tune?

Nick
So far no error codes. I spoke with Brenspeed and they said half the time you won't throw codes. If a code happens to come up, I just have to email them and have them send me a tune for free.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Nixtang
1st Gear Member

Cool, thanks for the info!

Did you notice any type of decrease in power? I realize that Brenspeed claims a 8 hp increase, but most likely, the increase is on the top end. I've been thinking about purchasing this h-pipe, but don't want to if it loses power down low.

Where'd you take those videos? I think I know where that's at...

Nick
Old 03-31-2007, 09:39 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

My favorite thing about the movie was "GOD DERN!"haha, I can't make too much fun about you because I am from South Carolina

oh, and nice exhaust

Quick Reply: Corsas + off-road h-pipe = LOUD (w/ video)