Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14

Old 04-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #61
PERTANO
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT500 FRONT CONVERSION --- DONE!!!!!!!!!

Have you actually seen a GT500? If you did you'd know the Hood has a completely different slope to it and the nose of the hood raises up to further accent the grille opening. The side skirts are different and so is the rear bumper. So to say they look the same is a stretch at best. The stock GT hood makes the 500 front end look meaner then the 500 IMO because it cuts the grille off and doesn't give it that overly large grille opening. But yeah the pony emblem on Mellow andMycar are just further visual clues to prevent guys like you"BASCHO" from calling us posers. I wouldn't pay anywhere near that much for a car just for the simple fact that I can put that difference in my car and destroy it in a straight line or corners. Hell I'm almost to that point right now. I'll have thenumbers to back that claim up tommorrow. "HOPEFULLY"
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

409 RWP 456 Ft-lbs Torque!!!!
PERTANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #62
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: MELLOW

Bascho, I don't know what your deal is with our front ends, but if that style is what we like and we are willing to fork up our hard earned cash to get it,what is reallythe problem. You seem to contradict yourself though.Earlierin your last post you were blasting our cars again, you mentioned in the GT500KR thread that you love the hood, you gotta have the hood and your whole outlook on the Shelby front end has changed. So please, let us know where you stand.

RE: The Shelby GT500KR - 3/30/2007 11:06:05 AM

bascho

3rd Gear Member
Click the image to open in full size.

[align=center]Click the image to open in full size.[/align]
This car just changed every plan I had for exterior modifications of my own. I HAVETO HAVE THAT HOOD!!! Along with all the rest of the GT500 front fascia.

Those wheels are hot too......gotta be 20's. [align=right]
[/align]
Old 04-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #63
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

busted!!!
Dennis074.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:23 PM   #64
bascho
3rd Gear Member

How am I busted?....I've already stated numerous times that I would do the same thing. You guys are getting hung up on the word 'poser' I think. If, and most likely when, I convert my GT to look like a GT500KR, I will openly admit it's a poser GT500KR. So what? I have already stated that I think your cars look much better than stock GT's......because it's true.

Pertano,

I have more respect for your car because you are actually trying to increase the performance of your car to match your new look. The sixer in the other thread is what got my 'poser' comments going. Like you, if I convert to GT500 body parts, I will make sure my car will live up to the expectations of that appearance.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #65
chupac
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: blueshawk

Quote:
ORIGINAL: FordDude

Looks awesome! Is it just me or does your Mustang look like it is smiling. fd
I always thought the GT500 front looked like a Great White Shark's mouth moving in for the kill.
That's just what I was thinking
Old 04-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #66
sst06vert
2nd Gear Member

I have to say the car looks really nice. It doesn't matter what other people call it. Its your car and you do whatever you want! I saw a mustang gt last night with all the shelby cobra badge on it. It even said shelby on the back and side. SO what?

Anyways guys the front looks really nice!
sst06vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #67
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Hey everyone, I need some help. My 3 year old son hates the Pony emblem on the grill. He wants me to take it off. My wife actually had to stop him on Friday from ripping it off the car. What do you guys think? Should I take it off?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #68
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

ROFL!!! you can do one of two things:
a- beat him into submission
b- take it off

you be the judge [8D] (IM JOKING DONT BEAT CHILDREN ITS BAD!)

personally i like it better w/o emblem, or with the GT emblem where ur pony emblem is, i saw it on another car one time w/ GT emblem and it looked really good IMO. or, u could take off the pony and wait until your kid grows outa his pony hating faze and put it back on?
-i feel bad about saying beat your kid

EmperorOfChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #69
spooky
2nd Gear Member

keep the emblem, it looksnice. just better discipline maybe needed to teach kid not to touch certain things.

for all the guys that do this GT500 front:

is your car a daily driver or a weekend car? reason i ask is because you put a lot of $ and effort into making your Mustang look good. i would think the more you drive your car, the more of a chance something bad can happen to it. i like this GT500 front, but wouldn't do it to my car only because my Mustang is a D.D.

spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #70
PERTANO
2nd Gear Member

I drive my car every day to and from work. So it's got some chips, and scratches here and there, but "EH" who cares? It's not a show car or a trailer queen. It's a good looking car that gets the job done when it needs to. Hell I've taken it to the junkyard a few times recently because my truck is stil non-existant until next week. So I think of all the mustangs on this forum mine may be one of the most mistreated and abused of them all. I'm just careful when I do it. Doesn't sleep in a garage. Gets washed maybe once a week if it's lucky. Just the mechanical aspects of the car I'm very picky about. Oil changes, trans fluid, stuff like that.

409 RWP 456 Ft-lbs Torque!!!!
PERTANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #71
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT

Keep the emblem. It looks kind of empty without it imho!

As for not doing this for your D.D.:
If you are worried something happens to your mustang keep it in a garage, and never drive it. In holland they say the following: "Een ongeluk zit in een klein hoekje" which roughly means that"Accidents happen whereever, whenever" So even your showqueen can face that one jackass, oil patch, debris when driving. And murphy's law is always around. Hell, our stang got dented in the garage when my mom-in-law dropped the x-mas tree on top of it... *shrugs* it got fixed, you can still see it... but oh well...

Justice to All
TheDutchTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #72
spooky
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Justice

Keep the emblem. It looks kind of empty without it imho!

As for not doing this for your D.D.:
If you are worried something happens to your mustang keep it in a garage, and never drive it. In holland they say the following: "Een ongeluk zit in een klein hoekje" which roughly means that"Accidents happen whereever, whenever" So even your showqueen can face that one jackass, oil patch, debris when driving. And murphy's law is always around. Hell, our stang got dented in the garage when my mom-in-law dropped the x-mas tree on top of it... *shrugs* it got fixed, you can still see it... but oh well...
totally agree with you on this one. probably is why i'm hesitant to put a lot of $ into my car.

spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #73
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

As for adding things to my car, I usually do things to it thatI know when I'm done with the car and want to sell it, I can take the mods off and sell them separately. You won't get anything for them when they are on the car, but Im sure you'll find takers for rims, exhaust, intake, etc. Some things you'll let go because you can't take off anymore or might be cheaper to leave it on, but hell I'm sure I would have enjoyed it while I had it on.

About D.D., I dont usually drive to work but any chance I get to roll it, I'm all over it. Put it this way, I have 2 little kids and they have their extra car seats permanantly strapped in the back. I figure I cant take it with me, so I'll enjoy it while Im here.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:01 PM   #74
brandon97
1st Gear Member

I think the change looks awesome....you decide about the front emblem, I would probably change it or have one custom made, I have seen them somewhere on this forum....have you thought about black racing stripes? Not that you need another mod sooooo soon, but something to think about. I think your car looks great!!

06 Mustang GT Vert, Vista Blue, Xenon hood scoop, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, shaker 1000, 18" chrome bullitts, Corsa Axle Backs, 10" glossy white stripes, 14" shorty antenna.....
brandon97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #75
dkegel
1st Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to dkegel

FWIW, I like the pony tri-bar emblem in the grill. I think that's how I'd do it if I converted mine. The car looks great.

Dave Kegel
FRPP springs, Tokico D-Specs, Steeda G-Trac/X5 balljoints/bumpsteer kit, Hellwig RSB, Magnaflow, C&L CAI/Evo tune, UDPs, CMCV deletes, Hurst, 4.10s, Quantum brake cooling, Earls SS lines, ATE fluid, Hawk Blues (track duty), 18x9/18x10 WedSports, Goodyear Supercars 255/45 & 285/40
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #76
Brandonbstang05

Looks Great!!!!

2005 Mustang GT, Vista Blue, Baltimore Street Mods 10" Stripe Kit, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Alpine CDA-9885 Head Unit, Many Mods On the Way!!
Brandonbstang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #77
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

you should put a 281 emblem where the pony is on the grill.
Dennis074.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:45 PM   #78
sst06vert
2nd Gear Member

put a snake on it
sst06vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:30 PM   #79
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Yeah, and bascho will be all over this thread again with his "poser" attitude. BTW he seems to have it in pretty badfor you though, Dennis. Regardless bro, do what you like and think looks good on your car. Its your car, and hell if you want, put a snake there. I found out from my 3 year old that that's what he wants there instead of the horse. He doesn't know what a poser is, he just thinks the snake looks cool.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #80
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang GT

Quote:
ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

Yeah, and bascho will be all over this thread again with his "poser" attitude.┬* BTW he seems to have it in pretty bad┬*for you though.┬*┬* Regardless bro, do what you like and think loogs food.┬* Its your car, and hell if you want put a snake there.┬* I found out from my 3 year old that that's what he wants there instead of the horse.┬* He doesn't know what a poser is, he just thinks the snake looks cool.
Your son is cool. haha

CDC Ducktail, CDC Chin Spoiler, CDC Sequentials, SHR 1/4 Window Louvers,
BMS Silver Stripes, Mini Antenna, A47 Grille & Racing Mirrors, UDPs, Boomtubes,
GMS CAI, SCT Tuner, 93 Custom Tune, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Spydershaft, Roush Springs,
Mach II shifter, Powdercoated Steeda Cam Covers, DD Blk Bullitts/Goodyear Eagle F1s

WWW.MOCSEM.COM
wingman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:45 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2008, 500, angeles, conversion, gauge, gt, gt500, hood, kr, los, oem, package, parts, performance, swap