Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14

Old 04-02-2007, 10:18 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT500 FRONT CONVERSION --- DONE!!!!!!!!!

Awesome bro! Seeeee told ya it wasn't hard to do haha. You need to update your sig now, and we need more pics. Great looking car!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:24 PM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

looks great. what a difference.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:42 AM
BlackPhantomGT
1st Gear Member

How about a list ofpart numbers? I've seen the "hot sheets" but they don't have the numbers and they leave out some misc hardware. I want to go to my dealer where I have my fleet serviced and see what they'll do for me.

BTW, they look AWESOME!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:02 AM
PERTANO
2nd Gear Member

Hey Joe were you able to find the part numbers for the fog lamp pigtails? I still haven't found them, but there is a guy that sells them on ebay if you're still looking. The parts lists that I look through are sort of limited.

Oh and BlackPhantom. The reason the parts numbers aren't ever listed is because the guys that have the numbers really had to do some leg work to get all the required numbers for the swap. believe me you will order some crap you don't need and then miss some stuff you do need in order to get it right the first time. After you go through that headache it's sort of a drag just to give that info away. I know on my first swap I ended up with a few extra parts that are still sitting on my garage shelves.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:23 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

What are those hoodpins on the black gt.

Andrew
Old 04-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

Lame post full details, I'll mail you cookies, promise.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Hey speedy, you know where you can put it. I am having some problems with my computer. But I was able to get anothe couple pix up. As far as details you want, what is it you want to do. You want a GT500 os cs/gt front. I have extras of both let me know what you want and I can save you the runaround of looking for parts.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:53 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Sorry about the delay, computer has been under the weather and so have I. Just to let you know,the install was not hard - just time consuming, especially on the first car. The second one was much quicker since you did not have to waste time trying to figure out your next step. First of all, you need to find a good paint shop to match your car right. Then you gotta be able to bring it home without trashing it. Try not to use a pickup truck unless you have a shell, bumper is light and will want to fly all over the place and if you strap it down you can trashe your new paint. When dismantling your car, make sure you keep track of all your hardware and how some parts will go back together. You will need to get a new bumper, headlights, foglights, upper and lower grille, lower spoiler, radiator cover, and all the brackets. You really dont need new fender wells, you can just cut a bit away on the bottom of your stock ones and drill a couple of new holes. You should also get a new foam isolator since the GT500 bumper sticks out more. You can also make up your own wires for fogs. And all the hardware youll need will be obvious and you can pick them up at Home Depot. If your car is not black, as one of ours (mine) was yellow, you might want to paint your radiator surround black so the yellow wont show so hard through your grille openings. Have fun with it and good luck. If you need a whole kit let me know and I can put it together for you. You gotta paint it though.

Notice the painted radiator supports

As you see the black has the GT500 wing and mine should be coming soo, backordered.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:54 PM
SabreXray
1st Gear Member

I love the yellow, black looks okay.

JP
Old 04-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

how much did it cost?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14