Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14

Old 12-11-2008, 09:53 AM
BIGDEEZ
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Give Kevin Casey at Clevenger Ford a call and he can tell you what your missing and can get it for you. his number is 559.784.6000.

Nice job Andretti! Soon you'll be in the club
Thanks for the info wolf.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:03 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BIGDEEZ
wow.... 51 pages..i didn't think i was going to make it. good read by the way you guys have some great looking 3V's. I love the redfire and the white one sorry I don't know everyone's names yet. I just a few days ago picked up a GT500 front clip and have been looking into what all I need to do and get to have it put on. This thread helped out more than most.

Sounds like I need to get headlights foglights (w/ wiring harness) upper/lower grills and brackets. Does that sound about right?
thanks.

the difference in appearance is amazing and the amount of attention is unbelievable....even without the hood, it's the front end that should've come on our cars

Cameron
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
BIGDEEZ
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
thanks.

the difference in appearance is amazing and the amount of attention is unbelievable....even without the hood, it's the front end that should've come on our cars

Cameron
I'm planning on leaving the stock hood but it seems like that is what everyone says at first. hahaa

Do you have any side shots down low on your car. Mine is dropped and I'm wondering how much (if any) lower the shelby front end is over the GT
Old 12-11-2008, 12:55 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

it is not much lower if any, I am running sportlines and I dont scrape to much...
Old 12-11-2008, 01:08 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I'm planning on leaving the stock hood but it seems like that is what everyone says at first. hahaa

Do you have any side shots down low on your car. Mine is dropped and I'm wondering how much (if any) lower the shelby front end is over the GT

Old 12-11-2008, 01:10 PM
BIGDEEZ
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06elnr
it is not much lower if any, I am running sportlines and I dont scrape to much...
Yeah i have seen your car "very tastefully done"
What grills do you have? Are they replacement grills or are they on top of the shelby grill?
Old 12-11-2008, 01:12 PM
BIGDEEZ
1st Gear Member

very nice...

It looks like it might be just a bit lower then the stock GT front end. doesn't look like it would be a problem. I don't think i'm going to run the chin spoiler eather.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:21 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

very nice...

It looks like it might be just a bit lower then the stock GT front end. doesn't look like it would be a problem. I don't think i'm going to run the chin spoiler eather.
yes, it's alittle lower than the stock GT front bumper, but not by too much.

JMO, for appearance purposes, you need the chin spoiler...just doesn't look the same without it...not in a bad way, it'll just appear to be missing something..
Old 12-11-2008, 01:25 PM
BIGDEEZ
1st Gear Member

yes, it's alittle lower than the stock GT front bumper, but not by too much.

JMO, for appearance purposes, you need the chin spoiler...just doesn't look the same without it...not in a bad way, it'll just appear to be missing something..
hhmm you might be right. I'll have to see it in person. So whats the harders part about doing this make over? or does everything just bolt right up?
Old 12-11-2008, 01:25 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

Yeah i have seen your car "very tastefully done"
What grills do you have? Are they replacement grills or are they on top of the shelby grill?
Thanks bro! I ordered them from mr.body kit and they are supposed to be on top of the factory grills but I made them full replacement. you still need the bottom grill for the trim piece.
It is a very easy swop, everything just bolts up!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14