Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 01:58 AM
Swisher775

I love the look of the car with the GT500 conversion, i just don't want the bumper..if i was going to get a whole different body kit can i do the conversion -the GT500 bumper? it looks like only the lights/grills/hood is different?
Old 08-13-2010, 11:09 AM
manveer96

looks wicked nicely done
Old 08-15-2010, 01:49 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

alright...I found this picture again today and got the wife to buy off on letting me do the conversion for our 10 yr Anniversary.
I deploy again shortly, but game on when I get back (think Oct sometime).

My inspiration...'fing awesome

I hate to ask the same question again...but which list is correct? I've spent 2-3 hours tonight going through the whole thread and compiled a spreadsheet with 3 parts lists. All 3 reference the same basic parts...but some are more complete than others.

this is the list you posted several times MellowYellow

and this is a very "complete" list that another member posted up.

I'm guessing that you re-used all of the fasteners and I saw where you custom adapted the fog harness Mellow. I just want to make sure that when I order the stuff in your list, I will be 100% ready to bolt it up when the goodies arrive and won't have to play the guess what I'm missing game.

thx guys
Old 08-16-2010, 01:07 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Thumbs up

your car is absolutely amazing!...thanks for all the info as well, i plan on doing the conversion sometime in the future and this thread was very helpful. i also think it's awesome you didn't add the cobra badging as well...that was great in my opinion.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Supermans

Originally Posted by Tylus
alright...I found this picture again today and got the wife to buy off on letting me do the conversion for our 10 yr Anniversary.
I deploy again shortly, but game on when I get back (think Oct sometime).

My inspiration...'fing awesome

I hate to ask the same question again...but which list is correct? I've spent 2-3 hours tonight going through the whole thread and compiled a spreadsheet with 3 parts lists. All 3 reference the same basic parts...but some are more complete than others.

this is the list you posted several times MellowYellow

and this is a very "complete" list that another member posted up.

I'm guessing that you re-used all of the fasteners and I saw where you custom adapted the fog harness Mellow. I just want to make sure that when I order the stuff in your list, I will be 100% ready to bolt it up when the goodies arrive and won't have to play the guess what I'm missing game.

thx guys
I'm interested in doing this with my 2011. I would also like to know exactly what parts and at what price for the front end.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

wow man that car looks hot!!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:55 AM
manveer96

nicely done
Old 08-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Retro06MustangGT500
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Allstar
in my eyes.. if ur car has the potential of a real cobra, then it should be on there anyway. why not rep shelby and get his name out there? after all, its basically false advertisement to have a GT emblem on it if you have the cobra package on lol..

people have gotten crap about the emblem but i dont really think anyone cares anymore..

dont worry what people say on here because bashing is just ignorance. and let me tell you.. the only thing ive gotten said to me in person, are TONS OF COMPLIMENTS!!!!!

in other words, do it! lol
same here at carshow lots of compliments, and plus it different then the regular gt500
i like the 67 gt500 not the 68 gt500 kr, look if i liked it i would have done the fully conversion
Old 09-02-2010, 11:30 PM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Should have posted these a long time ago. The conversion was completed about 2 months ago just been lazy.

Thanks to all that went before me to show how easy this mod was to do, and how much better it makes the mustang look.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:48 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Tylus and the rest of you...

I'd worry more about the 30% price increase than what is exactly needed for the GT500 conversion.
That list was done a while back and it's a different ball game now.
Just sayin'

Quick Reply: GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14