Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headed to the DYNO!!! SCT level 4 TUNER!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
GT4HUTCH
2nd Gear Member

Default Headed to the DYNO!!! SCT level 4 TUNER!

I am going for the first time. I am wondering where I'll be with my current mods. I spoke with a fella at a place called ProDyno in Ft. Mill, SC. They are the ONLY Level 4 SCT tuning dealer in North and South Carolinaalso 1 of only 15 SCT dealers in the country with the ability to fully tune all parameters in the new 04-06 Ford drive buy wire CAN network. He said that if he can't make any more power than where I am now with my 93 Brenspeed tune, that he would only charge me for the dyno run which is $50. But he is pretty much certain that he can. Plus I should get a little bet better gas mileage, something that has started to suffer since i had the fuel pump changed under the TSB for hesitation on acceleration after a longcruise. I am going to be optimistic and shoot for 315 at the rear perhaps!!! HAHAHA. Guess we'll see. Keep ya posted.

HUTCH
Old 04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Default RE: Headed to the DYNO!!! SCT level 4 TUNER!

good luck with it!!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:59 PM
StartMeUp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT4HUTCH

I Plus I should get a little bet better gas mileage, something that has started to suffer since i had the fuel pump changed under the TSB for hesitation on acceleration after a longcruise.
HUTCH
I'm not trying to be a wiseguy, but do you think your gas mileage has suffered since the TSB? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:18 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

So you are saying that Brenspeed is not a level 4 SCT tuner?
Old 04-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Smokem
1st Gear Member

Custom tune's will always get you more power then a canned tune. Good luck.I Love Dyno's it is like seeing your car run with out someone else actually driving it. EverytimeI watch it's like man that is a mean car!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:44 PM
GT4HUTCH
2nd Gear Member

Yes i am certain that is when the change in gas mileage occured. I keep very close track of it.

No...i didn't say that Brenspeed was not a lever 4 SCT tuner. I said that ProDyno is one of only 15 in the country and that they were the only on is North/South Carolina. I am running a Brenspeed tune, but it is a mail order tune. MY car wasn't on Brents Dyno as the tune was developed with my mods incorporated.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:01 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Before the turbo i had brents 93 octane tune, off road H, Slp LM's, Jet TBS, S&B CAI, and i made 325rwhp and 337RWTQ. Good luck!!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:20 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

Dan at Pro-Dyno tuned my car. He and Rob are VERY good at what they do. He worked on my car till 2am working out my tune. You can trust him completely! I just talked to him on the phone a couple of nights ago (had him email my tune file to me to adjust for smaller tires).

A full-on tune for my car cost me $500, but it was worth it. One of his dyno sheets is posted on my website http://www.blacksharkracing.com/Race_Results.html
Old 04-05-2007, 10:43 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

Pro Dyno is very good at tuning, customer service isn't that great. I had to drive less than two hours to get there, the shop in NC. They weren't there. So i called Rob and he called Dan, dan called and said that he didn't know i was coming though i had an appointment, it showed that on their website. So i had to meet him at robs house. Drove there and waited over 2 1/2hours for him to show up though he said he would be there in an hour. Dyno tuned for about 15 mins and they called it good and still had to pay the 250 bucks. Didn't say sorry for forgetting about the dyno tune appointment, though he kept saying that it was my fault, though emailed him for directions for my dyno tune app. the day prior, still paid full price though drove a total of 5 hours, should of took 3 1/2 if they didn't tell me to drive here and there all over the place. Waited all that time for a short dyno tune and that was it. Two other people that was with me, that had mustangs that needed dyno tuned, said they would go else where cause they thought it was jacked up on how he acted. Me, personally, i'm going to Amazonracing for my dyno tune needs, he works great with the 03 and 04 cobra's and great with GT'sand he seems real nice. They are located west part of SC close to GA. $250 bucks for their dyno tunes.
Rob is cool, not sure about Dan.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:44 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that. I had mine on the dyno when he went to Harris Racing in Concord (2 times). I spoke with them a while at the SVT club show in Winston-Salem last september as well. Yeah, Dan is super busy--does not keep dates real clear in his head. But for someone with a full-time job and doing this gig on his off-time I give him a little slack. He worked on my car for about 3 hours for my $500.

Quick Reply: Headed to the DYNO!!! SCT level 4 TUNER!