Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much should I pay for a brand new GT???

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 02:46 PM
H2000X
I ♥ Acer

Default How much should I pay for a brand new GT???

Are they selling for under msrp???
Old 04-05-2007, 02:48 PM
NYWTMAI

Default RE: How much should I pay for a brand new GT???

As we get closer to the summer I doubt that prices will be low, at least that's what I'm seeing here in NY.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:59 PM
flguy

You can find the incentives on the Ford web site. However, as the Mustang is a high volume product for Ford, they are unlikely to discount the "popular" models, i.e., convertible 5-speeds, Shelby.

I paid full price for my 5-speed GT convertible last Fall ($35k), which was probably dumb on my part, but I just couldn't wait. I live in FL so the sun is always shining!
Old 04-05-2007, 03:09 PM
NYWTMAI

I picked up an 07 GT in Oct of 2006. It came out to $30 with most of the options out at that time. I should have waited too but I was out of the country for a year and before that I had a 2004 GT, loved that car, so when I came back I got the car first and then found a job. I was thinking of which dealership to go to first while I was still on the plane coming into NY.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:14 PM
ALLCHEST
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: H2000X

Are they selling for under msrp???
Depends on the dealer, where you live etc......In my area they had a 4 grand rebate last December, I bought mine in Jan. and got a 1 grand rebate.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:17 PM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

I bet if you checked with 3 or4 Ford dealers in town, one of them would sell youa Mustang (V6 or GT) off the lot for invoice. Call ahead and ask if each dealer has a fleet sales or internet sales manager and deal directly with him/her.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Usually depends on financing and incentives. You walk in with cash and you can talk business. If you finance through Ford you'll get a little more off. But a lot of times big rebates/incentives don't apply to Mustangs. If you have one on a lot you really want and have good credit go and talk business. If he doesn't want to play go somewhere else. Alot of times when you turn to walk away all of a sudden they'll make a better offer. High volume dealers (hugh lot of cars)sometimes can discount more.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:22 PM
modular81
2nd Gear Member

The new body style mustangs have been out long enough that you shouldn't pay msrp anymore. You should be able to get a gt for a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus what ever the manufacture rebates are at the time of purchase. Remember, once a big volume dealer advertises invoice pricing on a new mustang gt it kinda forces the rest of the dealers to follow suitif they wanna get rid of new cars. Shop around and get ammunition to use, dealers hate to get beat on price by another dealer on a new vehicle.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:25 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Bought my 07 GTin Westchester NY for $30,500 LOADED
Old 04-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Pony Ride
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: modular81

The new body style mustangs have been out long enough that you shouldn't pay msrp anymore. You should be able to get a gt for a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus what ever the manufacture rebates are at the time of purchase. Remember, once a big volume dealer advertises invoice pricing on a new mustang gt it kinda forces the rest of the dealers to follow suitif they wanna get rid of new cars. Shop around and get ammunition to use, dealers hate to get beat on price by another dealer on a new vehicle.
+1[sm=signs007.gif] I bought my 07 GT in mid-December. MSRP was $29750 - bought it for $27550...within afew hundred $$ of invoice.

Quick Reply: How much should I pay for a brand new GT???