Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are you compensating for?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:21 PM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What are you compensating for?

I remember shortly after I got mine last summer, I was outside cleaning the interior and chatting with my wife when one our neighbors passed by walking her dog.
Our neighbor (a very attractive grad student, by the way) made a 'nice car' comment.
To which my wife responded, 'Yeah, well this is his 40th birthday present'.
The neighbor said something like, 'Ok, ok; I see now' and chuckled as she continued walking her dog.
I stood up and looked at wife and said, 'Gee, thanks alot there sweetheart'.
My wife replied, 'Oh no honey. I know you've been wanting one of these for a very long time and from the horror stories you've told me about your commutes all these years in econo-boxes I fully understand the need for something with some power. That was just my way of staking out my territory.'
Old 04-08-2007, 08:33 PM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

I'm not compensating for anything, I've worked hard my entire life (30+ yrs.) and have never drawn unemployment, or welfare.I've earned every penny I've made and if I choose to drive a beautiful American made muscle car than so be it. Of course I feel like a million bucks when driving this bad boy doesn't hurt[8D]
Old 04-08-2007, 08:56 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

i would of told him, Yes I am, but you still drive (any ricer will work) Kia! Bit**............
WTF......I guess **** stars must drive KIA's............I think people are so f in stuipd to say crap like that
Old 04-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Razorbackfan
2nd Gear Member

Well kids I'm 55 years old and I've been driving a 96 Ranger pickup for 11 years. Lately it's been in the shop more than on the street and I decided enough is enough and bought a car I've wanted since high school. Got a 2006 Mustang convertable. I'm divorced so no wife permission needed. A few co-workers have made negative comments, most everyone else has complimented me on what a cool car I have. One middle age woman I work with who always finds a way to suck your soul right out of you said, "Well I guess now all you need is a hot young blond to be sittin in there with you!"

My reply was, "Yes but which one?"

I may be 55, but I'm not ready for bingo nights, the blue plate special at Denny's, and sitting in my rocking chair. It's my life, and I'm having fun. I'm driving an American legend and love it. Every other car on the road looks like every other car on the road. There's only one Mustang.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:51 PM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

i would of said, ya im compensating for the lousy lay your wife gave me last night.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:22 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: billyjo

i would of said, ya im compensating for the lousy lay your wife gave me last night.
Good one!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:16 AM
doode
3rd Gear Member

i say im compensating for driving a 4000 pound boat with 52hp at the single rear wheel on a good day

(see my daily beater car noted in the sig)
Old 04-09-2007, 03:15 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

I'm compensating for my small *****.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:45 AM
Backlash59

im compensating for being an offensive lineman. and well, because i wanted a car with power to match my ***** size.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:06 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Compensating?....hmm what a strange question. Well I guess that means getting somthing cause you lacking somthing. Well I was lacking the car Ive wanted since I was a kid....now Im not lacking anymore. Conpensating over......yippie. lol

Quick Reply: What are you compensating for?