Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vinyl Stripe Install - Need to vent

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:46 PM
PaceStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Vinyl Stripe Install - Need to vent

Not to scare ya, jetta, but the dealership where I bought my car told me that some of the stangs that had striped and got messed up recently, ended up spending several thousands of dollars having the vehicles repainted. Apparently, one striper decided to cut the striping on the car, around the trunk area, and diced up the car pretty good. If I were you, I would definitely go to the shop and get pics NOW of your car. If you're not getting it back til Monday....hell....thats enough time to give it a complete paint job with clearcoat. Good luck dude! I really hope they didn't screw up that bad! And oh yeah, I'll definitely let ya know bout my exhaust tomorrow night! Stangs Rule forever baby!!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:54 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

I would be happy strangely enough....if the installer is coscientious enough to redo the work and at his own expense then that should mean you get a good result. Yeah so the wait is a pain in the ***, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Now he f's it up a second time get your stang the hell out of there! Good luck!
+1000. How can you be pissed when he manned up and said it wasn't up to his quality standards and is redoing completely at his own expense???? Would you prefer that he delivered a piece of crap and told you to kiss off?

When you pick up the car, if it is perfect, go out and buy the man a beer.
+1....Just out of curiousity, which stripe kit from BSM is it? I did my own install, and trust me, I am not a professional, and know where EVERY flaw is located. I can live with it, since it was my first shot at stripes, and a very difficult one at that....If it was done by a professional, I would probably find it unacceptable....

Mike
Old 04-11-2007, 11:02 PM
DJACKSO
1st Gear Member

Actually I'm impressed. The guy showed up at my dealership to stripe my car and left in a hurry before I got there! It was totally screwed up. The dealer was embarassed and withheld payment. After I wiped the tears out of my eyes he had his paint crew put my car in the paint booth and crank the heat up to remove the stripes. Long story short - the 2nd guy did a fantastic job!

I feel your pain but be glad that your guy cares about what he does!
Old 04-11-2007, 11:08 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

I would be happy strangely enough....if the installer is coscientious enough to redo the work and at his own expense then that should mean you get a good result. Yeah so the wait is a pain in the ***, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Now he f's it up a second time get your stang the hell out of there! Good luck!
+1000. How can you be pissed when he manned up and said it wasn't up to his quality standards and is redoing completely at his own expense???? Would you prefer that he delivered a piece of crap and told you to kiss off?

When you pick up the car, if it is perfect, go out and buy the man a beer.
+1
Nobody is perfect. This installer did the correct thing.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:04 AM
BaltimoreStreetMods
2nd Gear Member

Give him my number so we can touch base and figure out what he needs to get er done. I would prefer to see him want it right and take a couple more days than to see you have an incorrectly installed kit.

Reinstallation of pieces - a few days.

A bad stripe job - you'll be looking at it for years (or replacing it)
Old 04-12-2007, 12:18 AM
BaltimoreStreetMods
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tedBalog

At least he isn't playing it off and trying to charge you for a ****ty job. I wouldn't be too mad..
Exactly - the first thing most shops do is blame the kit rather than accepting responsibility and making it right.......... integrity is hard to find these days, and thus far it sounds like this is a guy that takes pride in his work. I have installed a ton of these kits, and I do sometimes pull pieces off and replace em... the advantage is I can cut another one on site.

This is why we are trying to build our installer referral page, but we usually do not get very much feedback on GOOD installs, only the bad ones lol........

At any rate I want to work with the installer and make sure we get it done. Hopefully he will call me tomorrow. Can't have a bad looking stang out there, that just ain't right [sm=nono.gif]
Old 04-12-2007, 09:54 PM
PaceStang
2nd Gear Member

Jetta!!! Here's the magnaflow single!!
http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/brenpace/Private/?action=view¤t=*****.flv
Old 04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
jettaflavor
I ♥ Acer

Folks!

The heavens parted, light shined through, and the kind folks at Baltimore street mods have stepped in to help me out!

Turns out - my stripe installer is a perfectionist with integrity and professionalism. He removed the 1st "attempt" at stripes because his own stripe-installing abilities weren't to his liking. I guess he was having a bad day!

So-the folks at Baltimore Street mods not only stood behind their product, but I actually had SEVERAL back/forth conversations with the owner himself. Rob - you rock!

What a pleasure to work with!!

I'm not joking. It's not like when you call DELL PCcustomer help and you speak to "Patrick" who's real name is Niravshaneenapentalon. No, I worked with a true professional who had a vested interest in my car!

Rock on Baltimore street mods

And rock on, Pat's Auto Care in East Windsor, CT!!!

When my car is finished, you'll see me posting pics!!

Words cannot explain how excited I am!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Yep. Rob over at BSM is top notch with his customer service. I know I drove him nuts......

Mike

Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Dude you are soo lucky. I was supposed to have my stripes put on for one of my Christmas gifts, and the guy I had lined up to do the install backed out at the last moment. I was sooo pissed. I'm still looking for a good vinyl guy in the Bergen County area of NJ if anyone knows a good place.

Quick Reply: Vinyl Stripe Install - Need to vent