Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leak Issues: Dealership fixes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 10:56 AM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Water Leak Issues: Dealership fixes?

I too had the leak, fixed the first time it seems. Two months of rainy weather with it parked outside and so far so good. When I took it in, the dealer had already done several, and they had one tech in particular that was doing these repairs.

From the invoice:
"..Removed the cowl panels LH and RH removed the wipers sealed up the cowl seam where sealer was skipped added sealer around the cowl panels clips and sealed around the wire harness grommet into the vehicle. Water leak tested water entry is no longer present. Reinstalled the carpet and trim and verified proper operation. Resealed per TSB 07-14-6 basic part number 63517C58 condition code 07. "

So it sounds like they hit all the spots at the same time, and I'm not sure if the part number means they put in a redesigned cowl part - I've heard mention of that elsewhere.

Have you tried another dealer? It would seem to me that if they can't get it to stop leaking, they may not be doing the repair right..
Old 02-16-2008, 11:08 AM
kcstangin

A_J

I had a 2006 V6 Mustang. I just got done with arbitration with Ford through BBB. I won the case as I had to have my car in the shop 7 times for 37 days total. They awarded me a replacement vehicle. I'm trying to decide whether to get another Mustang or not. It really makes me sad that for 2008 the problems still exist. I'm torn!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:44 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i never had my carbet get wet but i did open my passangers door once and alot of water came out when the door was opened is this b/c of a leak
Old 02-16-2008, 11:51 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

I just bought my 07 Gt 3 weeks ago. It rained hard 2 days ago, the day after I went and found water in both of my door sills..mostly on the passenger side. Should I take it to the dealer?

Not if it's door sills and not floor boards. That water in the door has to drain out some place.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:09 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

so i guess im safe to thats what i figured thanks
Old 02-16-2008, 12:20 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

I just bought my 07 Gt 3 weeks ago. It rained hard 2 days ago, the day after I went and found water in both of my door sills..mostly on the passenger side. Should I take it to the dealer?
Its normal.
Thats water draining out from inside the door panel.
There are drains on the bottom edge of the door that
allow water to escape after entering thru the window
door felt area. This water shows up on the door sill.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:49 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Still water should not be getting on the inside of your car. I have never had a car that had water go on the door sill covering the mustang plate. I took mine to the dealer to get something else fixed, and had them check the water leak issue. They said they couldn't replicate it by using a hose on my windows. I don't think they even tried, since it rained the next day, and I still had water in my door sill and on my driver seat. It seems to leak in thru my center of the top of the window and the rubber seal.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:08 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Still water should not be getting on the inside of your car. I have never had a car that had water go on the door sill covering the mustang plate. I took mine to the dealer to get something else fixed, and had them check the water leak issue. They said they couldn't replicate it by using a hose on my windows. I don't think they even tried, since it rained the next day, and I still had water in my door sill and on my driver seat. It seems to leak in thru my center of the top of the window and the rubber seal.

The MUSTANG plate on the door sill isn't considered inside your car.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:14 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

4th try? Lemon law, you should be trying to get a new car or your $$ back.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:02 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well my car is leaking now. I had checked it almost 1 year ago and didn't find any water, but checked the other day and it was indeed wet.

Quick Reply: Water Leak Issues: Dealership fixes?