Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is there no light in the glove box....?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:47 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Why is there no light in the glove box....?

ORIGINAL: Supernaut

The fact is that both the V6 and V8 Mustangs offer better performance than any price competitior.

So you get what you pay for: either gadgets or go.Take your pick. I pick go. Tell you the truth, I like that the car feels a little stark. It's clean and uncluttered. Musculine. Peacefull. Focussed.

I've never seen an under hood light. Is that common now?
Not true. As much as i hate them srt-4's and a WRX will rape us stock for stock. It really wouldnt cost ford all the much to throw a lock on a gas cap and a bulb on the headliner tho.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 PM
moe07
2nd Gear Member

How much light do you need? When i unlock my car the headlights, tail lights, interior lights all come on. Trunk release?It's with the key. locking glove box? I have an alarm. Locking gas cap? Move to a better place.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:13 PM
jcw
1st Gear Member

the lack of interior lights is usually good except when you drop your license while pulled over and cant find it. some cops have no patients...... or sense of humor
Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

Guys your missing the point.

Ford has no money, they are cutting ridiculous corners to get out of the huge hole they are in.

It just going to cause more problems for them in the long run. Aside from a Mustang (and Ford Trucks) I would never touch a Ford product.

On another note, my '97 Expedition XLT has all the LUXURIES like footwell lamps and dome lights. It even has some cool extras.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

I think that the SRT-4 will prove to be inherently limited by it's fwd chassis, andwill never run with a Mustang GT. It's cheap and quick but DAMN is that ugly. It makes the Subaru look suave.

The STi is a $30,000 + car. Yes it is fast, but spend the price difference on a GT and you will turn the tables. Not in a rally race though. AWD is the best way to put down power. I've seen AWD Mitsubishi's smoke Vettes and Porche around a track.

Also, those turbo 4s are already maxed. The 4.6 is tuned lazy and can take up to 500 hp with no internal mods. A couple weekends ago, I drove3 hours from NH to RI ata comfy 90+. Try that with 4 cylinders. Your teeth would fall out.

I'm telling you, theS197is the performance bargain of the century. GM is having a nervous breakdown trying to price the new Camaro within range of the Stang.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:39 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

my tundra even has a light in the ash tray for
heaven's sake

ORIGINAL: CroDalmatinac

I mean Ford...seriously cut corners if you want but the freaking Model T had that...

Not really but you get the point
Old 04-26-2007, 01:40 AM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Trust me i agree full-heartidly. Those srt-4's are damn ugly, but **** are they quick for a stock $20K car. And yeah the sti is above $30K, but i was talking about the base WRX, my buddy got his for $24K and that little turbo car is pretty quick too stock..... Lol after i got my stang my cousin raced me in his srt-4 (which was stock as well), and lets just say i forced myself to start modding that week, lol! But yes i agree waaay more potential for a GT....just saying stock for stock there are some quick 4-bangers out there for pretty cheap.

ORIGINAL: Supernaut

I think that the SRT-4 will prove to be inherently limited by it's fwd chassis, andwill never run with a Mustang GT. It's cheap and quick but DAMN is that ugly. It makes the Subaru look suave.

The STi is a $30,000 + car. Yes it is fast, but spend the price difference on a GT and you will turn the tables. Not in a rally race though. AWD is the best way to put down power. I've seen AWD Mitsubishi's smoke Vettes and Porche around a track.

Also, those turbo 4s are already maxed. The 4.6 is tuned lazy and can take up to 500 hp with no internal mods. A couple weekends ago, I drove3 hours from NH to RI ata comfy 90+. Try that with 4 cylinders. Your teeth would fall out.

I'm telling you, theS197is the performance bargain of the century. GM is having a nervous breakdown trying to price the new Camaro within range of the Stang.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Just a few comments.
I too at first wondered where all those nice options/ammenities were. Especially when I sat in a fully loaded Infinity G35 and the Lexus is350. Those have so many cool gadgets, like the electric telescoping/tilt steering wheel, the seat memories, automatic than has a sport mode, etc. But when I looked at the price I just wasn't able to make that financial leap! I guess if I had to drive more everyday or if I had to impress my passenger (like real estate agents), but I think Ford has a point in leaving out those, letting its buyers customize their cars if they want. Not everyone wants/needs a underhood light. rear floor mats, trunk light ( in the vert, right?) or even the seat memory.
I think Ford should offer those as options with the Mustang. They do with so many other cars. I'd rather pay $35,000 for a fully loaded GT with the seat memory, manual mode tranny, navigation, electric back massage, etc. than buy a loaded GS, is350, 350Z, 335i, A4R...
Old 04-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Just a few comments.
I too at first wondered where all those nice options/ammenities were. Especially when I sat in a fully loaded Infinity G35 and the Lexus is350. Those have so many cool gadgets, like the electric telescoping/tilt steering wheel, the seat memories, automatic than has a sport mode, etc. But when I looked at the price I just wasn't able to make that financial leap! I guess if I had to drive more everyday or if I had to impress my passenger (like real estate agents), but I think Ford has a point in leaving out those, letting its buyers customize their cars if they want. Not everyone wants/needs a underhood light. rear floor mats, trunk light ( in the vert, right?) or even the seat memory.
I think Ford should offer those as options with the Mustang. They do with so many other cars. I'd rather pay $35,000 for a fully loaded GT with the seat memory, manual mode tranny, navigation, electric back massage, etc. than buy a loaded GS, is350, 350Z, 335i, A4R...
I agree! I like that you just buy the performance, and the rest you option yourself. But I wonder if they could make a business case for offering more factory options. It seems to me that it is a lot cheaper to add options than to develop another car. Why not offer 20k in miscelaneous options, and allowthe Mustang GT to load up to theposhG35? It's gotta be cheaper than designing a Ford G35. They're pretty much the same type of car. The G35 is just a fully loaded350Z, a direct Mustang competitor. Some people have asked why Ford doesn't offer a Mercury Cougar and do this very thing. I'm all for it. I just dont want the Mustang to lose focus. I think they hit the sweet spot just the way it is. But I can see a strongcase for offering more to those who want it.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:31 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

You can offset the lack of a light in the glove box by buying only glow in the dark condoms.

Quick Reply: Why is there no light in the glove box....?