Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat lever

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 03:49 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Seat lever

The dealership wants to charge me 80 bucks to install plus 30 for the part. I ordered the part and ill figure it out myself lol. Probably takes them like 5 minutes to install it and they want an hour of labor. I'm under warranty too kind of gay =/
Old 05-17-2007, 06:20 AM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

ya i went in to replace thesem 39.95 at my stealership lol, what a friggin J-O-K-E, like always, every time I take the car in, I swear I get a good, good laugh! lol
Old 05-17-2007, 11:45 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I heard a reliable rumor that a company will be introducing newly designed plastic seat ***** for our S197 Mustangs that are stronger and will cost less than the crappy Ford pieces.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:08 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I wish MGW would make Billet pieces for these.

Richard
Old 05-17-2007, 01:34 PM
tdappleman
1st Gear Member

So - about this rumor.... any other details? My kids are tired of not being able to get out since both of the crappy originals broke off and I don't feel like dealing with the dealer to get the same crap put back on. I would love to see something made out of metal but would settle for stronger plastic.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:50 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: tdappleman

So - about this rumor.... any other details? My kids are tired of not being able to get out since both of the crappy originals broke off and I don't feel like dealing with the dealer to get the same crap put back on. I would love to see something made out of metal but would settle for stronger plastic.
Nothing that I'm at liberty to say at this time. I'm told that the original Ford part is designed with a thin sidewall, and the new piece will be beefed up to prevent it from breaking. Personally, I'd rather not get another Ford **** (either free through warranty or pay at their parts counter) that will break like the original, especially if I can get a better **** for less than Ford is wanting!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:22 PM
tdappleman
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the info back - I'm definitely in line to get something that is stronger. I sent an email MGW to inquire about a custom billet piece and they replied with:

the problem is where this lever is located. it needs to shear off
easily in case of an accident. if someone makes a strong billet piece and it
lodges into a kids head in a collision you are in serious liability.
not to mention it would just suck to be responsible for that.So - I hadn't thought of that - so I'll be waiting on the new and improved plastic pieces.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:34 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Maybe the piece could be made flatter so that it does not come to a point?

Maybe the seat should have been designed witha SIDE-MOUNTED lever...

Oh, well....

SOHC
Old 05-18-2007, 01:03 AM
jharcharik

Actually the seat was originally designed with the side lever before Ford added the Side Impact Airbag option.

My passenger seat lever broke about 3 months into ownership. Ford had to visually see it was broken . Two trips to the dealership one to confirm my claim, another to go pick up the part because it wasn't in stock. A pain in the ****.

I nowuse the lower side levers to avoid another casualty.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:48 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

If you are under warranty than the dealer should do it for free. Isn't that what a bumper to bumper warrantyis for? Go to a different dealer....sounds like yours is an A-hole!
ORIGINAL: petepete

The dealership wants to charge me 80 bucks to install plus 30 for the part. I ordered the part and ill figure it out myself lol. Probably takes them like 5 minutes to install it and they want an hour of labor. I'm under warranty too kind of gay =/

Quick Reply: Seat lever