Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First ever new Ford

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:35 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Default First ever new Ford

After some searching my Ford dealer found my first ever new Ford. It is a Black GT Premium, charcoal interior with a 5 speed. It took awhile to find it because in the spirit of the original Mustangs I wanted it to be as plain as possible. They found one with the interior upgrade package, 3.55 diff and 18” premium wheels and that was about perfect. Lee would be proud! It should be transferred to the dealer tomorrow for my pickup. Hope it works out as well as some of the Fords I owned years ago.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:37 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: First ever new Ford

Welcome back!

Good choice in color!

You're gonna smile a lot from now on.

Ruf

[IMG]local://upfiles/54696/998B52B1FC7C42DEB6009D63B201488F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-17-2007, 09:47 PM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

Not sure whether to offer congratulations or condolences.
These cars are absolutely gorgeous in black ... for about 15 minutes after it's washed.
Some advice (take all, some or none) -
-invest in a buffer/polisher.
- buy a good car cover if you don't have a garage(I've heard nothing but good things about the NOAH cover from Ford. But is pricey).
- buy a duster.
- never EVER take it to a car wash or even professional detailer unless you know the person.
- apply a good leather conditioner to your seat inserts frequently.
- when you hear the various clunks, clanks, squeaks and rattles don't despair. Just downshift and punch it and let the melodic exhaust notes soothe you.
- most importantly - have fun and enjoy it (like I say to folks who tell me I should only drive mine on weekends and keep it garaged, 'It ain't a Bugatti, but it ain't a Hyundai either).
Old 05-17-2007, 09:54 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Yes, I debated about the color. I’ve always liked silver but I decided it was time for another black car especially the Mustang. It is amazing how color or lack of it changes the personality of the Mustang.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:57 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

You'll love it! Congrats!

ORIGINAL: 8178A

Yes, I debated about the color. I’ve always liked silver but I decided it was time for another black car especially the Mustang. It is amazing how color or lack of it changes the personality of the Mustang.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:59 PM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8178A

Very true.
I always say that even sitting still, a black GT just looks like it wants to eat something and spit it out the tailpipes.
One other word -
Black may bring out the aggressiveness of your 'fellow' drivers much more than any other color (my brother has a windveil blue GT and he gets nowhere near the 'attention' that I do).
Others have posted simliar experiences here.
So don't be suprisedif every fart-can toting, rice-burning nitwit, cummins-diesel redneck, and yes, even the frustrated 'soccer dad' in a minivan tries to light you up when you're out and about.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:04 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Enjoy your new addiction!!! You'll have a blast. I've had a stang for the last 25 yrs, and I still find dumb excuses to go drive it. (Wow, I think I need to go to the store for some gum) Congrats
Old 05-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Weed Racer
1st Gear Member

My car is the first Ford I've ever owned, and I love it.

I'm not a car cover supporter at all. Having co-owned a detailing shop for a number of years, I've seen the slow damage that they do.

The best investment you can make to keep looking sharp between washes is a California Car Duster. Used gently, this thing will get that overnight dist and pollen off your ride like nothing else.

We had a rare 8 day stretch with no rain or dew here last week. I washed and waxed my car on a Saturday (it looked awesome), and for over a week kept that just washed look by spending 5 minutes every night after work dusting off, and I live on a gravel road where dust is serious business.

Anyway, car covers are popular enough, but unless the car is immaculately clean, it will abrade the paint by rubbing the dust that's between the car and the inside of the cover into the finish. This happens when the cover rustles in the wind, and when you haul the pain in the a$$ thing on and off. It's not a huge deal, but on a black car, will show.

Anyway, enjoy your new car, enjoy the looks you'll get, and stay away from the cops.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

I hated Fords all my life, and Im 53. But I was wrong about Ford, at least the Mustang. It looked so good when the 05's came out I just gave up my distaste for Ford. When they came out with the TV commercial last year with the the father & son doing the huge burnouts in the parking lot, that was it.

My 07 has 14.000 miles on it now, and with the mods I have, its perfect for me. I have 3:55's 5 speed manualand every option but heated seats and nav.

It feels as new today 11 months later as the day I drove it off the lot, only much faster.

[IMG]local://upfiles/47655/028A98BBF7224873A1523E0E4B7183A1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/47655/19AD81EA16234FCB8EA8829751991051.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/47655/36A2619B50644DBEB437567AC542151D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/47655/B13A0C057E664CB4A8B1D5129A05F2C3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-17-2007, 11:10 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

BIG congrats!!!!! Cant wait to see pics!!!!

RUFDRAFT & WARLOK your rides are looking sooooooooooo good!!!!! [sm=drooldude.gif]

Quick Reply: First ever new Ford