Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 with subwoofer output?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:49 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shaker 500 with subwoofer output?

There is a grey/yellow wire in one of the connectors above the fuse box. It is only hot when the key is on. I used that for my remote wire. I used the factory sub wires on the output side of the amps for channel in on my LOC. (red black I think)
Old 05-31-2007, 08:01 PM
nautics889

now here's a pretty stupid question, will me doing this void warranty, by just adding a sub and amp?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:08 PM
whocarez03

If you hook up an amp made before 1985 with poorpower flow managementand no heatsinks, and that amp in turn blows some fuses or worse, major portions of the elect. system...then no it wouldn't be covered. But amps now on the market are so advanced that they usually never have this kind of issue. Most of them running any kind of good power will come with their own in line fuse so you can pretty much install without worry.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:17 PM
nautics889

my amp is about 1\2 yearby alpine,old and i have a 4 gauge wire kit from rockford fosgate, cuz my dad is making me trip about this, i bought the car myself and, he's tellin me don't install it cuz its a new car and ur gonna void warranty, any suggestions, is it warranty safe or should i just take it to galpin auto sports or a ford dealer to install it
Old 05-31-2007, 10:34 PM
tritonpwrd
2nd Gear Member

I've had aftermarket sound systems in all of my cars and I've never had a problem with warranty. Worse case is if you have a big electrical problem that may be blamed on the sound system, just take it out before going to the dealer.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:37 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Warranty is fine with this. I pulled speaker level feeds from both rear speakers into a line-out converter and then to the amp. I hooked up the turn on lead wire to the GY / YE wire that comes out of the radio on pin 2. I accessed it above the passenger footwell at the bottom of the dash. There is a thick bundle of wires that run across there and it is one of them.

Remember to unhook the battery when install the amp and POP THE TRUNK before you unhook the battery. Learned that one the hard way.

Rear Speaker wires (since they're not labeled):
Left Rear Positive: GY / BL
Left Rear Negative: TN / YE
Right Rear Positive: OG / RD
Right Rear Negative: BN / PK

For anyone else who might stumble upon this later, the rear subwoofer speaker wires are NOT present in the Shaker 500. As stated above, it does not have a line out for RCA jacks either. You have to tap a speaker level wire and reduce it to line level.

EDIT: I took some pictures while I did this, would anyone be interested in a write-up? I did it for my reference but could probably be convinced to share the knowledge and pictures. It would include how to take off all the trim you need to and where to route the wires.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:25 AM
nautics889

awsome post i appreciate the time and effort everyone is putting on my situation, much thanks!!! im becoming more and more confident! it was way more easier on a 96 mustang than it is on the new mustang because of the sjb being the main thing on the car now, and i just want to make sure i dun mess around with that in any way.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:29 AM
nautics889

Aziraphalewill i be able to tap the wires through the back and hook up the the line converter to the rear instead of the front?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nautics889

Aziraphalewill i be able to tap the wires through the back and hook up the the line converter to the rear instead of the front?
Not quite sure I understand you there. Are you asking if you can tap the wires at the back of the radio or does "through the back" mean taping them at the rear speakers.

You shouldn't have any problem taping the rear speakers in the trunk instead of taping the front speakers. I taped the rears and have plenty of bass. I think this is the ideal place to tap the wires because then you don't have to run the wires very far to the amp.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:05 PM
nautics889

cool thats what i meant sorry about the little confusion there. yea i meant if i can tap it through the rear speakers in the trunk. thanks for the fast reply!

Quick Reply: Shaker 500 with subwoofer output?