Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CMCV Delete Plate install (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 05:53 PM
james432

So junk the motor and the stock plates lol
Old 04-13-2009, 06:31 PM
snkebitel
1st Gear Member

great thread
Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Bill you are the Man! Thanks a lot for the write up. I have 4.10's on so did not notice the low end torque loss. I do feel the car sounds better even more throaty with my setup, hi rpm feels more aggressive, and my butt dyno feels some small increase in power.

I can not wait until you do a write up for LT headers and Comp cams.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:39 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

What are the factory torque specs on the intake bolts? Steeda's documentation doesn't say and neither does the writeup.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:28 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
What are the factory torque specs on the intake bolts? Steeda's documentation doesn't say and neither does the writeup.
Tighten in the sequence to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
Old 03-24-2010, 02:26 AM
RetroGT2006
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Bill! I used this thread today when i did my delete plates myself in the garage. Worked great, now to use the one you did for the UDP's on tomorrows install =0).
Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 AM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

Not really sure how much has changed part-wise since 1994-95, or how the differences between a 94 GT 5.0 and an 05-10 4.6 add up, but I had UDP's installed on my 94 GT back in the day (along with many other mods ). One thing I noticed (and hated), was when the car sat idle, the A/C was almost non-existant. I used to go to the street machine nationals (while in college, I lived in Carbondale, IL, they were held in Marion, IL, I believe). It was a huge car show/cruise with thousands of cars and people (car equivalent of today's Sturgis). Needless to say the cruising involved sitting idle in your car in 90-100 degree temperatures in long lines of cars, and the need to have the A/C on from time to time was required to prevent a heat stroke. With the UDP's on, the A/C barely blew at all when idling (you had to hold the pedal down a little to keep the RPM's up to get any cold air to blow at all, and it still wasn't enough). Just my .02, but if you like A/C in the summer, prepare to do some serious sweating, if you live somewhere hot, while sitting in traffic. Unless something is drastically different between how these function with the old school 5.0 and our newer 4.6.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:21 AM
RetroGT2006
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Not really sure how much has changed part-wise since 1994-95, or how the differences between a 94 GT 5.0 and an 05-10 4.6 add up, but I had UDP's installed on my 94 GT back in the day (along with many other mods ). One thing I noticed (and hated), was when the car sat idle, the A/C was almost non-existant. I used to go to the street machine nationals (while in college, I lived in Carbondale, IL, they were held in Marion, IL, I believe). It was a huge car show/cruise with thousands of cars and people (car equivalent of today's Sturgis). Needless to say the cruising involved sitting idle in your car in 90-100 degree temperatures in long lines of cars, and the need to have the A/C on from time to time was required to prevent a heat stroke. With the UDP's on, the A/C barely blew at all when idling (you had to hold the pedal down a little to keep the RPM's up to get any cold air to blow at all, and it still wasn't enough). Just my .02, but if you like A/C in the summer, prepare to do some serious sweating, if you live somewhere hot, while sitting in traffic. Unless something is drastically different between how these function with the old school 5.0 and our newer 4.6.
Man that blows, but they must be drastically different. I have been in many many cars with them and the a/c was exactly the same lol. Nothing was changed, or anything i could feel. Still pushed out plenty of cold air.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Same here. My friend's car still has decent AC with the pulleys on there. So does mine. Pulleys took me a long time to install, most of the day, mainly because of inexperience but also somewhat due to me taking my sweet time along the way. Delete plates probably gonna be the same.

I was amazed at the torque specs for the intake. 7.4 foot lbs. torque for those bolts. Wow that's like nothing!
Old 03-21-2011, 11:48 PM
whoapony

Just wanted to say thanks! I used your write up and all went very smoothly!

Quick Reply: CMCV Delete Plate install (with pics)