Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:34 PM   #51
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Black GT
Default RE: How To: Amp Install (w/ Pics! 56k warning)

Quote:
ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

I took my grommet loose to run a power wire up to my battery for my alarm main power wire. My grommet goes right into the engine bay instead of the side fender. Maybe they changed it for the 07's.
Weird ... I got nothing.

And mine's an 07 so I don't think it's that. You sure you're talking about the same gromet?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

35% Tint, GT500 rear spoiler, 3dCarbon Front Lip
Corsa Crew Member
Aziraphale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #52
lundis
1st Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to lundis

as an update to my post on the first page, there is a grommet near the steering colum, i was able to snake a 4awg wire through there without too much difficulty, this way avoiding shorts, and fires by doing the wheel well method. it was very hard to see where it came into the engine bay as there was that metal "hump" there coviering it, but after i stuffed enough wire through it, i saw it, and was able to slip a flathead screwdriver in it, pull a loop out, and i pulled out the rest, avoiding the fenderwell.

all i did was poke a hole using a jewlers screwdriver and scissors, and forced the wire through, which made the hole bigger to fit the wire. for the hell of it, i also coated the wire in silicone when the last little bit of it went through, so its a nice water-tight seal.

thought it might be of use.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:29 PM   #53
cope

At the end of your write up you mentioned you haven't found a way to get around the remote wire, here's an easy way to do it: cut a piece of 18g wire about 3" long. Strip both ends and connect one side to your remote terminal and the other to your 12v power terminal. Only problem I see with this is 12v may be too much and the amp is always on. I never do it like this as I've always had aftermarket head units with remote wires, but I've seen it done and it works. Don't know how it affects battery life if at all.

BTW great write up and clean install. I like the RCA's you used they look like they are high quality. Good RCA's are one of the most importantand overlooked things when installing anamp, if you don't have a good signal, your junk won't sound good no matter how expensive it is. ALWAYS use RCA's that are TWISTED.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:57 PM   #54
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008

Awesome write up. Thank You
Old 04-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #55
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008

If you wanna post that write up on my forum, I will sticky it. I think it could help alot of people
Old 05-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #56
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Black GT

Quote:
ORIGINAL: cope

At the end of your write up you mentioned you haven't found a way to get around the remote wire, here's an easy way to do it: cut a piece of 18g wire about 3" long. Strip both ends and connect one side to your remote terminal and the other to your 12v power terminal. Only problem I see with this is 12v may be too much and the amp is always on. I never do it like this as I've always had aftermarket head units with remote wires, but I've seen it done and it works. Don't know how it affects battery life if at all.

BTW great write up and clean install. I like the RCA's you used they look like they are high quality. Good RCA's are one of the most importantand overlooked things when installing anamp, if you don't have a good signal, your junk won't sound good no matter how expensive it is. ALWAYS use RCA's that are TWISTED.
Wouldn't that have the amp always on though? It's basically just attaching it directly to the battery if I'm understanding you correctly.

The way I have it, it at least goes off when the car is turned off as it is a switched power.

35% Tint, GT500 rear spoiler, 3dCarbon Front Lip
Corsa Crew Member
Aziraphale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #57
cope

yeah Az thats exactly what will happen, but its just a workaround for people that don't want to run the remote wire or don't want to find the wire to tap into. Like I said I never do it cause I don't want the amp on all the time but I have seen buddies of mine do it. I always run the remote wire with the RCA's. Actually the ones I'm using now have the remote wire inside the insulation of the RCA's.

Edit: to avoid confusion when I said connect the remote wire to the 12v terminal I meant the terminal on the amp. Just stick the wire in with your power wire and the other end into the remote terminal.
cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #58
stevenca
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 ford mustang GT/CS
Default Thanks

I am glad you posted this thread and thank you for doing it! My car is in my garage right now and this is also what I decided was the best or at least easiest place to run my power wire through and aside from ruining one of my clips , went well lol
stevenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #59
SpeedingBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Mustang Bullitt

Deleted.
SpeedingBullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #60
sp44
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT

What's a good place for a ground in the trunk? I found an existing hole on the left side but I'm getting engine whine. I think I should find a better spot. My power cable and RCA's are not together, just a FYI.
FRPP Stingers
FRPP Bullitt Strut Bar
Hurst Billet Shifter
18" Polished Bullitts
Sequentials
14" Shorty
sp44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:14 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1000, 1000w, 500, amplifier, amps, california, cord, install, installation, instruction, mustang, place, power, radio, remove, shaker, stock, work