Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

God I hate car salesmen

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:15 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default God I hate car salesmen

I went into a local Ford dealership where I bought my stang from. I roll up in there and i'm immediately pounced on by a car salesman. I asked if he had an 2005 GTs I could look at. I was told no, but they had plenty of v6's. I told him I wasn't interested in a v6. To which he replied "Why not? They're actually just as fast as the old 2004 GTs." I said "Uhhh.. No they're not" well, that went on for about another minute. He actually argued with me about it.

So yeah, he brings me in to talk to one of the sales managers about the 05s. The manager tells me the only way I'll get an 05 is if I preorder one. I told him no, I did not want to buy a car I haven't driven. Then he tells me I could take a v6 out for a ride to get a feel for how the GT will handle and what not. I told him no, it's not the same, I'd rather just test drive a GT. Then he keeps pushing for me to preorder one. I only need $1,000 down blah blah. I told him again, I'm not going to commit to a car I haven't driven. He then tells me "Everyone who pre-ordered one didn't test drive theirs, we haven't had any complaints." Then I was like "Uhhh.. I'm not everyone."

OK, so that went on for about 15 minutes. I kinda figured I wasn't going to ever see an 05 at that dealership. I asked about an 03/04 cobra. They had one on the lot but said I wasn't allowed to test drive it. I asked "Why not? You guys let me test drive my GT that I bought about 5 months ago." He actually told me it was because I don't look like the type of person who could get one and that they hate when kids come in and want to test drive their sports cars. That p!ssed me way off and I was like "EXCUSE ME!? I actually WAS wanting to get one. I just bought that GT parked out there 5 months ago from THIS dealership. I put $12,000 down on it and basically bought it the same day I came in to test drive it. You're telling me I don't look interested?"

I stormed out and called up their customer service which got me nowhere. Just had to complain to someone and now I'm complaining to all of you. Anyone else have any lovely Ford horror stories?
Old 01-07-2005, 11:22 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: God I hate car salesmen

dang that sucks dude - I see their point though kinda, I mean how many folks do you think come it and want to drive a 400hp Cobra for a joyride? Probably 10x as many people than are actually in the market to buy one
Old 01-07-2005, 11:33 AM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

C'mon man! if you are a customer and want to see or test a product then the dealership should have accommodate you. Good customer relations always make a sale.....I sound like a damn saleman! but I AM NOT. Anyway, why have the car out side??? for show only? besides the point....hehehehe but also for people to come and test drive them. I think they had an attitude with nanaki because he knew what he wanted and he wasnt taking any bullshyte from them.

Drive fast and do not look back. [sm=smiley33.gif]
Old 01-07-2005, 11:37 AM
vshayes
I ♥ Acer

screw them and go to another ford dealership.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:56 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

yeah. word of advice. don't go to Ted Britt Ford in Chantilly, Virginia. I see how they could think I just wanted to take the cobra out for a joyride, but c'mon. They knew I bought my car there. The salesman actually asked me if I bought my car here a few months ago. When I go into a dealership to look at cars, I'm not just going there to kill time in my day. I have more important things to do, like watch paint dry.

Oh, and I also forgot to mention, the salesman told me their 05 GTs were marked up $2k. Then told me other dealerships were up as high as $6k. Which didn't sound right to me. He told me people come from all over to pre-order from them cause their price is one of the cheapest in the area. I had to step to the side as not to accidently step in the bullsh!t.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:51 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I used to live in that area and bought a 86 Mustang from that dealer. They got me in a deal without paying off my old car and I had to give them an additional $600. I told them that I didn't want to make the deal unless they gave me payoff on the old car. Well by that time I already had signed some papers and they physically waived them in front of my face telling me they had a contract with me. Later I had to take it back a couple times to get it worked on and the salesman didn't want to work with me to get the problem fixed. I have never gone back to that dealer again. I went to Koons Ford in Falls Church when I wanted to get another vehicle and have bought 4 cars from them. I had excellent service from the salesman and from the service department.

Screw Ted Britt....they have not changed in over 20 years. I don't see how they stay in business.....must be alot of blind people in that area who get taken everyday from them.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:54 PM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

I would go to a local newspaper and tell them your story. I would have wlaked out after the first 5 minutes.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:00 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

look I don't really see what the problem was? I certainly woulda been ticked if I was in nanaki's shoes ... but... BUT you gotta realize how many people want nothing more than a joyride - I'm pretty sure most dealership's have a policy to not let someone test drive a high performance limited production car unless their certain the person has the funds or maybe even not at all!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:16 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 05GrayGT

I used to live in that area and bought a 86 Mustang from that dealer. They got me in a deal without paying off my old car and I had to give them an additional $600. I told them that I didn't want to make the deal unless they gave me payoff on the old car. Well by that time I already had signed some papers and they physically waived them in front of my face telling me they had a contract with me. Later I had to take it back a couple times to get it worked on and the salesman didn't want to work with me to get the problem fixed. I have never gone back to that dealer again. I went to Koons Ford in Falls Church when I wanted to get another vehicle and have bought 4 cars from them. I had excellent service from the salesman and from the service department.

Screw Ted Britt....they have not changed in over 20 years. I don't see how they stay in business.....must be alot of blind people in that area who get taken everyday from them.
well, my 04 GT was my first new car. if you rummage through posts around here, you'll see the horror i went through with ted britt. only reason i went back was to see if they had any 05 GTs or 03/04 cobras in stock. they treat you like you're an idiot. heck, they didn't even give me the first year 0% APR for college grads. said i didn't qualify for it, but yet i qualified for $400 cashback for college grads. then you get 1 year 0% or 120day deferred payment. i hate ted britt. i'm not even going to fart in their general direction again. i was probably going to go to koons tysons and check them out this weekend.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:20 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ORIGINAL: 05GrayGT

well, my 04 GT was my first new car. if you rummage through posts around here, you'll see the horror i went through with ted britt. only reason i went back was to see if they had any 05 GTs or 03/04 cobras in stock. they treat you like you're an idiot. heck, they didn't even give me the first year 0% APR for college grads. said i didn't qualify for it, but yet i qualified for $400 cashback for college grads. then you get 1 year 0% or 120day deferred payment. i hate ted britt. i'm not even going to fart in their general direction again. i was probably going to go to koons tysons and check them out this weekend. they might at least have some used 03/04 cobras.

Quick Reply: God I hate car salesmen