Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Scene Gen 1 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default Street Scene Gen 1 Kit

My wifes car was hit by a deer again last month and the body shop is having a hard time trying to get the side skirts to fit right on her car. This is the Street Scene Generation I body kit. The following is what I wrote to Street Scene:

I had my body shop order the Generation I 4 piece body kit back in late Spetember or early October. He installed everything and the car looked great. After a few months, the piece that attaches to the fender of the side skirt on one side was starting to pull away from the car. Last month a deer hit the car so he had to remove the passenger side side skirt to make repairs to the fender. He also removed the other side to repair where the side skirt was pulling away from the car. So far, he has wasted almost 2 whole days trying to get the side skirt to stick to the car. He is using the same 2 way tape that came in the kit. Now he is putting back the factory rocker panels back on the car because he ran out of options to get these side skrts to fit and look right.

I paid good money for a 4 piece kit and I can only use 2 pieces. We love the way it makes the car look but I am very disappointed in this product. I take my car to only one person because I know he does an outstanding job but this one has him beat.

I have 2 05 Mustang GTs and the other one has your rear valance lip and it looks great. I get great comments about it all the time. We show both these 05 Mustang GTs 3 times a month at various car shows and both of them have won prizes.

What can we do to help my pain and my body shops pain? He is at his wits end and I am very upset that I can't use 1/2 of the parts that is supposed to be on the car.

I am a member of several large Mustang forums and would like to tell them how good your customer service is to deal with and that you stand behind your products.

Please let me know how we can get this matter taken care of quickly.
I am sure we have a couple of members on here with this kit. Has anyone had any problems putting the side skirts on? If they did, what did they do special to make it fit?

I hope to be coming back on here reporting good news about them standing behind their products. I'll keep you all updated.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:29 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Street Scene Gen 1 Kit

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

My wifes car was hit by a deer again last month and the body shop is having a hard time trying to get the side skirts to fit right on her car.
a deer ran into her car?
you mean sheslammed the fu*kinto a deer. lol
Old 07-10-2007, 04:49 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

My wifes car was hit by a deer again last month and the body shop is having a hard time trying to get the side skirts to fit right on her car.
a deer ran into her car?
Do you need glasses? She was driving down the road and a deer came out of a ditch and ran into the front passenger fender. Yes deer to hit cars and car do hit deer. The deer had no insurance and it ran off with one leg dangling.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:53 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

a deer ran into her car?
Do you need glasses? She was driving down the road and a deer came out of a ditch and ran into the front passenger fender. Yes deer to hit cars and car do hit deer. The deer had no insurance and it ran off with one leg dangling.
calm down dude, i was just messing with you because you worded your sentence oddly.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

What was the outcome of this I'm thinking about buying one?
Old 05-02-2008, 12:02 PM
MUSTANGEXPERT
2nd Gear Member

I have the same problem with my car the side skirts peel away from the car...My bodyshop used a screw into the sidskirt and through the body then repainted it so you can even tell it was there..I think it was a screw..
Old 05-02-2008, 12:08 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I had called Street Scene and they sent the body shop some better tape. So far, everything is holding good.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:12 PM
harraid5711
3rd Gear Member

i too had to use the screw method......can't really see it
Old 05-02-2008, 12:14 PM
MUSTANGEXPERT
2nd Gear Member

are any of you using the lower grill insert?? I don have one in right now i was just wondering how it would look??
Old 05-02-2008, 12:17 PM
harraid5711
3rd Gear Member

yes, i use the black powdercoat grill, i think it looks good. check my album. what i REALLY want is a black billet that will fit the front fascia, just can't find one

Quick Reply: Street Scene Gen 1 Kit