Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do you all think of this idea for calipers

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:09 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

Default what do you all think of this idea for calipers

I am thinking about doing this but i would like input to know if you think it may work or look good

step one use the duplicolor blue caliper kit
step two http://alsacorp.com/products/crystal...x_prodinfo.htm
step three hit it with a gloss high temp black spray paint

what do you all think?

also is there any one out there that has used the duplicolor kit? I want to know if the color is a close match to the windviel bule? if not i would do a black with a coat of white over that

thanks alll
Old 07-15-2007, 10:17 PM
kamakazitp

Default RE: what do you all think of this idea or calipers

i dont think itd be worth it to do the crystalfx. hardly noticeable from a distance (if at all), and because there isnt as much solid area on the caliper to see whats really going on, most people would think you just did a bad paint job.

i've always liked color-matched or black painted calipers. you can always change around other accent color pieces and your calipers still work. the duplicolor blue is probably a closer match to vista blue or similar. i dunno if paint shops can just get some color matched paint and put in some additives or use a different base material that makes it more temp-resistant, but it couldnt hurt to ask.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:03 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

I have painted a Chevy 350 with a automotive ppg Omni paint (signal stage) no special additives or primer just shot it light enough to coat, its all about keeping the coat light enough to still dissipate the heat. [/align] [/align] 2yrs and it still looks great!!!! only purple block around

Ihave thought about doing regular auto paint but I don't know how hot calipers get.I know the paint will stand up to the heat of a engine but will it hold up to the heat of calipers[/align]
Old 07-16-2007, 12:57 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scheetz83

I have painted a Chevy 350 with a automotive ppg Omni paint (signal stage) no special additives or primer just shot it light enough to coat, its all about keeping the coat light enough to still dissipate the heat. [/align] [/align] 2yrs and it still looks great!!!! only purple block around

Ihave thought about doing regular auto paint but I don't know how hot calipers get.I know the paint will stand up to the heat of a engine but will it hold up to the heat of calipers[/align]
I have painted many engines....most of them different than the norm. One started red at the bottom, faded up to orange, then yellow, then white at the top (matched the car's paintjob) I used ordinary spray paint, but topped it with clear engine enamel. Works like a charm and never fades or anything.