Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your reasons for buying the Mustang.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Go Blue 48044
3rd Gear Member

Default Your reasons for buying the Mustang.

Forme the blue oval runs deep in my blood.I worked for Ford for 12 yrs I've owned a 1968 a 1988 GTprior to buying my 06.I truley believe the Mustang is by far head and shoulder above anything in it's class.I take exception to the people who say "The Mustang is a poor mans sports car"For the money I spentto buy mycar and the money I spent to mod my car I could havepretty much either bought or leased most cars out there.Including a Corvette.I chose the Mustang because in my eyes there isn't a better looking car out there period IMO.The Mustang has and always will be a platform car. Sure some come from the factory with more H.P. But I love the fact that I can add power and make cosmetic changes to it to fit my personal taste.Thats why I drive a Mustang.If I wanted a faster stock car there were plenty to choose from.Why did you buy your stangs?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:52 AM
47Magic
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Your reasons for buying the Mustang.

I was introduced to Mustangs in 94. My Friend had a 91 GT that he worked on constantly (maintenance and upgrades). Car ran like a dream, looked so cool, was fast and most importantly sounded SO FOKING AWESOME... There is not another sound of exhaust like Mustang's. I don't know what exactly is so different, but it is so unique andrighteous, that it gives me chills whenever I hear one.

I had an 87 4-cyl, stepped up to a stock 02 GT convertible (mineral gray), bought a damaged black 02 Roush(sold before repairing) and now am the proud owner of the one below.

I love this car! I think it is soooooo cool looking. I finally have all the awesome sound that I dreamed of. This car is just perfect. I have a choice of 4 different vehicles to get around, but I am trully dissapointed if for some reason I dont' get to drive the Mustang.

I will always have a weakness for87-93 fox bodies, but the s197 is a phenomenal looking, sounding and performing machine.

P.S. Did I mention that I love my car?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:57 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

All right, I'm first! My past mustangs were a 90 GT and a 88 LX 5.0, also a Z28 but they're not making f-bodies anymore and also they handle a little differently (wide, low, not as easy to toss around), plus no dual exhaust on an f-body... the GTO is too expensive. From the time I was 16 I wanted a rear-drive V8 stick-shift; I don't know how I got influenced because my dad has a vw-audi repair shop and isn't too keen on domestics...I guess there must have been a lot of them in my hometown (nobody in my high school had any, though)...no real gearheads or racers in my family tree...
...guess I'm straying here...I bought mine for the true dual exhaust, MT, rear-drivew/ locker,tunability, the price was right, and IMO zero competiton (like I said the f-bodies are gone for now, the new ones will be overpriced, marked-up, bug-addled, hard to find, etc. plus the Dodge Charger is overpriced, heavy, slow, no MT option, no locker on the RT and about 3K in parts alone to upgrade it; the Challenger's problems will match the new Camaro's, GTO too much $$$ and on its way out anyway due to poor sales)...
Old 07-26-2007, 12:00 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Well, I needed a new car has the car I had before was totalled, I wanted a muscle car, and was going to wait and get the Challenger, but I didn't have the patience. I do like the s197 body styling and my company gets the x-plan, so I went and got the Mustang.

I personally am not brand loyal. It is who has what I am looking for at the time it is time for me to buy.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

To get chicks.....

Just kidding, I have been a Mustang fan since I was about 5 years old. My dad had a '65 and i've had alot of friends with stangs over the years. I wasn't able to buy a Mustang because of driving record and insurance reasons untill I was 26. My first one was a 2001 GT convertible and I loved that car. But, when Ford did the 0% apr on '06 Mustangs I did a little math and found out it would be cheaper in the long run to trade the '01 in. Never looked back after that, and I have no plans to ever let this car go.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:02 PM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

It was time for a new car and GM stopped making the Camaro/Trans AM in 2002, which was the one I was getting rid of. I went and looked at every sports car out there; 350Z, RX8,IS330,G35,etc...and narrowed it downt to 2, the G35 and the Mustang. My personality really doesn't suit the refined elegance of the Infinity and the Mustang was just sooooo gorgeous.

First Ford I've ever owned and I love it!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:04 PM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

I owned a 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL previously and it was an amazing car, but the problem was it was just far to expensive to maintain. On top of my $215 dollar a month car payment (whoa that was low) I was paying almost $400-$500 every or every other month in repairs and mainteance. If you know anything about these cars, you know they are hard to maintain as well as wallet breaking. I loved her to death (Lexy) but the time came down to what was practical. Not to mention it only ran on Premium Fuel.

I was very interested in the Mustang GT and had been for awhile, as a kid the 1997 GT, silver with a black top was my dream car. Plus, my mother and father had owned dozens of mustangs in their years so it was in my blood. We have a 70' Fastback in our driveway slowly being restored and every time I passed it I pictured myself in the look alike 05 GT. It came down to one day when I found out a simple window repair on my 3000GT was going to cost me $800 that I just hung it up, traded it in, bit the bullet and got the GT.

What an amazing decision, I love my car!
Old 07-26-2007, 12:11 PM
47Magic
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

All right, I'm first!

YES, I beat Richie to it!

In Borat's words: "Great success, I like"

Old 07-26-2007, 12:11 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

It's sexy.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:18 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

When I first heard of a Mustang it was from my 1st grade teacher who bought a 1966 red Mustang. She was so excited about for a week we did nothing in her class.
Then in 1969, my neighbor bought a blue Mustang! All I could do asa kid was sit on the front porch and drool! It was a beautiful Mustang and the one that made me vow that I would have one someday. In 1984 I bought a slightly used '82 Black on Black Mustang GT with T-Tops. I kept it in pristine condition until 4 years ago when I sold it to a car collector. I must admit....I cried when he drove off with my car on a car carrier!
I told my husband then, that I wanted one of the new Mustangs, so this past Dec. just one day before Christmas Eve, I bought a blue pony!

Quick Reply: Your reasons for buying the Mustang.