Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilding my 07, the saga begins *Updated* 56K Warning

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:29 AM
KEELENTIME

Default RE: The saga continues

I love this thread..... Nice work, I am like a crack addict when it comes to this thread. I subscribed, but I am so hooked that I constantly check back to this thread, to make sure I didn't miss anything, despite the lack of email updates......:-)

buddydank-----
I don't know what you will be looking for, but I have the original Skipper 500, and will have full GT cat backs next weekend. Within the next month I will be pulling the stock intake as well. You are welcome to them if you like.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:30 AM
zangus

I subscribed too.This thread is like fast forwarding 25 years and seeing what I have to do to restore'my old 06GT'with my kid! LOL
Old 08-05-2007, 10:35 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zangus

I subscribed too.This thread is like fast forwarding 25 years and seeing what I have to do to restore'my old 06GT'with my kid! LOL
If you take car of your Mustang, it won't have to be restored. Look at my '82 GT that I sold 4 years ago.....let's just say the buyer dropped his jaw.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:40 AM
zangus

Wow, nice condition!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:00 AM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

this is a great story. Oh, and I didn't lose sight of the vehicle he has next to his project in that garage. I wonder if that was a resto-mod?
Old 08-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

best thread ever
Old 08-05-2007, 11:35 AM
buddydank
1st Gear Member

The other car in the garage is a kit car, it is not an actual Austin Healy. My step father took a new 4 banger like the ones in Ford Ranger and is retrofitting it to the car. The tough part was getting the engine's computer to work due to the safe gaurds put in place in the original Ranger. But he found someone online that could hack the computer so he sent it out and just get the comptuer back last week and now it starts up and is almost ready to go. The car is so light that even though it's a small engine, it should really fly with that under the hood.

I'm just now catching up on everyone's comments. Wow. It really has inspired me to work my butt off to get this thing moving along.
I'm not sure how I feel about the donations. I wouldn't turn down parts donations if you have extra but I don't want to look like a begger so I'll think about the money through paypal thing. Maybe I can work out some kind of deal where I put your name on the car or something. I don't know. Anyone interested in donating there extra parts can contact me through email at buddy@buddydank.com.
The parts I need are front and rear bumper covers mainly but I'll put anything on this thing that you got.

Quite a few people think I should throw in a V8 but that's not going to happen right now. I'm already taking up a ton of my step fathers time and I don't need to commit him to more at the moment. Maybe after I've got it looking good I can think about it.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:38 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Buddy Dank for PRESIDENT!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: buddydank

The parts I need are front and rear bumper covers mainly but I'll put anything on this thing that you got.
I have a stock V6 front bumper off of an '05. I did the GT swap on the front of my friend's V6 and he let me keep the bumper. If you want it, it's yours for the cost of shipping. Grill included. It's even the same shade of red that your car *used* to be. Lol. PM me if you're interested.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:07 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

I have a stock rear bumper thats in redfire for a v6.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding my 07, the saga begins *Updated* 56K Warning