Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilding my 07, the saga begins *Updated* 56K Warning

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 08:27 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Default RE: The saga continues

We probably won't know for sure when THE very first car raced with stripes.
Bugattis in the 30s wre doing it at Le Mans and Grand Prix races. So much for that Japan 1961 theory.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

i only got a stipe on my hood and love it! the car looks great man, keep it up!!! btwohnoesaz that comment actually made me laugh out loud. funny! haha
Old 09-06-2007, 10:33 PM
06_gt
1st Gear Member

Ok so its 9-6-07 and i dont know how long i have been sitting in my lazy boy just reading about this crazy project. I cant believe from the get go how everyone was saying "this thred is like crack" and here i sit
Another thing that sux is i was reading everything and got all the way to page thirty and figured it would keep going and i didnt see a tab for page thirty one. so here i sit tired, late for bed, and tired. but it was oh so worth it. Mad props to buddy and his step dad wes this thred is big.. Anyways keep up the good work and keep it real. looking for updates. BTW you should really think about talking to someone at Muscle Mustangs And Fast Fords to see if they would do a section in their mag. about this sick car that you have been working on for the past mounth or so. I think it awsome how some of the guys on here have chiped in money and even sent parts to Buddy to make his dream car that much better. Once again mad props to everyone.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:57 AM
buddydank
1st Gear Member

Big storm tonight so I'm getting home a bit late. I'm gonna make this a quckie picturefest and go to bed.
Here's what we got done.
First off, my fog lights and radiator cover came in today.

I then got to unmask the whole car.

And our biggest priority of the night was getting the doors on. But we first had to install the door popper system so we can actually open the doors. I bought a basic door popper kit and I was thinking of doing a full write up on just that but for now I'll show you the parts of it we got done tonight.
It's important to keep the door handle because the rod attached to it can be reused.

To clear the window when it rolled down we had to mount it to the side of the door we can't drill into. So we just used JB Weld.
Here's Wes putting it on the bracket.

And he duct taped in to place until it sets up. You can see how we reused the parts from the original door handle. Wes came up with this setup. The kit I bought came with some wire to use instead. I think this will be better.

And as the old saying goes 'Measure once and cut three times'. We found a good spot for the popper springs,cut the hole and screwed em in.

Problem is that we put them too far in and they didn't work right. The door jam is made of many layers of metal so just moving it over wasn't going to be easy. Instead we chose to move it to the door as shown below. We'll cover the old hole with the push plate.
\
Here it is with the door on and I just set the mirror up there for a second to take this pic. I like it!

We worked late tonight but we at least got most of what we needed done.

Trunk lid needs some minor adjustments but looks good.

And then I had to prop the black out panel up there for a quick pick. It's gonna be sweet!

That's it for tonight. Tomorrow night I will get as far as I can by myself as Wes has a commitment. And then he'll be around Saturday to help me finish up.
Thanks for sticking with me people! We're almost there!!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 AM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

looks great man!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:02 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Wow. this car is going to be awesome. Hard to believe just several weeks ago I was looking at a black car with a green stripe saying I would've never been able to drive that thing home with people staring at it.

Look at it now!
Old 09-07-2007, 03:07 AM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

What wheels are you getting put on?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:00 AM
Team RamRod

We really need to do set up an Iowa/Midwest cruise when your car is done. I'm in Iowa City myself. Great job!

I would never see the light of dayif I hada garage like that.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:16 AM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

Man, you are rockin and rollin on that mule! Gonna look great when its finished!
Old 09-07-2007, 05:22 AM
bomb79
1st Gear Member

absolutely amazing im infatuated with this thread and the vison you had and have accomplished.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding my 07, the saga begins *Updated* 56K Warning