Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Week - wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:13 PM
dmtGT05
1st Gear Member

Default Rough Week - wrecked

well.... after getting my car keyed and wrecked in the span of a week I can honestly say my stang has seen better days.

I rear ended someone last saturday.. still cant belive it.. Im a pretty cautious driver.... I've even taken defensive driving courses.... but this incident has been an eye opener for me... any absent mindedness while driving can be disasterous if your in the wrong place at the wrong time... im just lucky no one was hurt.... and I do feel very lucky.

The damage seems to be isolated to the front bumper, headlight assembly, grill and front left fender. I cant see any internal damage to the engine compartment.

any suggestions on where to go from here?

GT500 front end maybe?

ps.. ill be paying for all the repairs myself.. the insurance theives were luckily avoided.

[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-13-2007, 07:19 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Rough Week - wrecked

Looks like you also damaged your front bumper impact bar and with the headlight that far back I'd say you crunched your radiator support as well. That may be a pretty pricey repair to do it out of pocket. If you hood is bent you'll need to replace that as well ....

On a lighter note ... how did you push you headlight so far back without even a crack in it?
Old 08-13-2007, 07:21 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

how much damage did u do to there car. how much did u pay them off.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:26 PM
dmtGT05
1st Gear Member

I was amazed by the headlight not being smashed too... the damn thing still works!

the other car has 2300 in damages,,, the guy went to the dealer.. which was expected.

[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Alloyed
2nd Gear Member

Gah, that sucks man! So sorry to hear it.

But, onto bigger and better things: A GT500 front end would look great! And if you have to replace the hood, it gives you an excuse to browse the aftermarket hood selection.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:49 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

With all the damages, are you sure you want to pay out of pocket? Heck, that's what insurance is for. Pay your deductible and then get a quote on repairs with upgrades.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
dmtGT05
1st Gear Member

to me insurance is a bribe... I pay a rediculous amount of money per month (close to car payment) to be "legal" and then when somethin like this happens when I need the insurance.. I have to do everything possible to keep the insurance company from finding out.. to keep my already unafordable premium from goin up... btw im under 25.

basically if the insurance company was involved... id be walkin... my monthly payments would not be affordable.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-13-2007, 08:24 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Oh, no...what I smack. Too bad you are too far away from Tacoma, WA..I have a black from bumper for only $75, but this baby is too expensive to ship out, since its considered freight...
Old 08-13-2007, 08:25 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Luckily if you are on a budget ... black GT take-off parts are readily available ... so as long as there are no structural issues it will be an inexpensive and easy fix. Obviously changing to a GT500 or aftermarket front end will be quite pricey after you add prep and paint costs ...
Old 08-13-2007, 08:32 PM
dmtGT05
1st Gear Member

Oh, no...what I smack. Too bad you are too far away from Tacoma, WA..I have a black from bumper for only $75, but this baby is too expensive to ship out, since its considered freight...
too bad about the shipping... thanks anyway.

Quick Reply: Rough Week - wrecked