Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does it take to set off the Active Alarm System?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:22 PM
mustangman0303

Default What does it take to set off the Active Alarm System?

As my head is litterally hitting the pillow after washing and cleaning my car all night after I got off from work the active alarm system goes off. I find some clothes and run down stairs to check on it. I didnt have the outside lights on at the time but It looked ok I turned them on then went out ready to kick anybodys *** who was outside. Luckily nobody was and my car was ok. I just got it two weeks ago and its the first time the alarm has been set off. I read the manual to see what it takes to set it off. All I got from it was that it monitors is my door handles, hood, trunk, incline of my car, and there's an inside motion monitor. I locked it again and tried to set off but I couldnt get it to go off. I guess to make a long story short, what does it take to make it go off and was there anyway it just could have been a false alarm?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:24 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What does it take to set off the Active Alarm System?

There is a time delay for the motion sensor. Wait about a minute and wave your hand across a shadow covering your car or put your arm in the car. It will go off. They are sensitive, but not like the alarms of 80's.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:35 PM
mustangman0303

Thanks for the reply. Maybe it was the tree its parked near or there are a few in front of it that could cause shadows. I usually park right up next to my garage and this time I parked more in the middle of the driveway. There have been kids that go through cars in my neighborhood though. If it was they probably wont be back tonight so im gonna try and sleep now.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

well it also depends on the sensitivity setting
for awhile mine would go off if you talked to loud next to it or if a car with deep exhaust drove by
it was going off every 10 min or so
oh ya the wind even set it off many times
but after finding and doing the sensitivity adjustment procedure it only goes off if something actualy happens
Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 AM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

well it also depends on the sensitivity setting
for awhile mine would go off if you talked to loud next to it or if a car with deep exhaust drove by
it was going off every 10 min or so
oh ya the wind even set it off many times
but after finding and doing the sensitivity adjustment procedure it only goes off if something actualy happens
What's the senstivity adjustment procedure? I didn't know you could do that, and I don't remember seeing anything in the manual about it. Would you enlighten me, please?

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

im impressed with the stock alarm... if the window is down and you reach in... it goes off. If you unlock the trunk, then lock the doors, get your mail, then open thr trunk... it goes off. (happened to me) If you forget to unlock the car and try to jack up the rear end... it goes off. (would prolly scare the crap out of you if you were jacking up the front! All in all it is a pretty reliable system so far...
Old 08-15-2007, 09:13 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Check for the underdash water dispenser.
Carpet wet? This causes hi-jinks and odd
things to happen.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

haha one night i was just getting to bed then all of a suddeni hear a THUMP, and my car alarm was going off. i went outside and turned it off. then i watched my car for 10 minuets to see if my ******** neighbor was messing with it. then as im watching it i head another THUMP, and guess what it was, a squirrel running into it hahahah i wasnt even mad, i was just laughing cuz the thing ran into it twice and set off the alarm.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:49 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

At a car show I had the windows all open and without thinking I locked the doors. I was walking nearby looking at cars and all of a sudden an alarm goes off in the direction of my car. I walked over to my car and sure enough someone had thrown a flyer in the open window and set off the alarm. I didn't see who had done it but I bet they jumped and ran for cover when it went off.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:13 AM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

...after finding and doing the sensitivity adjustment procedure it only goes off if something actualy happens
???????????????????????

Quick Reply: What does it take to set off the Active Alarm System?