Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Our mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:02 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Default Our mustangs

Now i was sitting in my stang yesterday and thought about something. The interior is real nice. I have the IUP but everything is black/black. The steering wheel feels nice and everything from the vents to the shaker 500 I think looks sweet as hell. I dont get why everyone throws the word cheap plastic around so freely while they are buying a pony car expecting a bmw. I just had to rant as I think our stangs priced at 24-27k is the best buy for anyone looking for power AND LOOKS.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:07 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Our mustangs

I dotn have the IUP but have the tanish interior...i dont like the look of the silver on the parchmant alot anyway.....i dont mind the plastic, as you pointed out the car was under 30k, not double that!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:11 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

I have like a rare mustang since mine is a GT deluxe with all the features of the premium including, leather the diff shift ****, the good steering wheel and the black dash not the silver one.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:47 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s2k

I have like a rare mustang since mine is a GT deluxe with all the features of the premium including, leather the diff shift ****, the good steering wheel and the black dash not the silver one.

I chose the "sport appearance with color accent package" instead of the IUP because I like the solid black dash with black vents much better but wanted the leather seats and satin-spoked steering wheel and shifter (in addition to the pedals).
I also wanted the black with dove gray interior which looks absolutely amazing with the tungston exterior.
I also wanted to get the 6 gauge cluster, but had to buy that aftermarket because it only came from the factory as part of the IUP.
I love the interiors of these cars, and think that all those whiny asshats who complain about "cheap plastic" interior are spoiled brats who don't deserve to have an S-197.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:01 PM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

I also think the interior is great. I have the Black with Dove grey packaga and it looks amazing. I guess I could cover up the plastic with some nice rosewood burl pieces, but [:'(]!!
Old 08-20-2007, 12:10 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: unsocbl

I guess I could cover up the plastic with some nice rosewood burl pieces, but [:'(]!!

BALLIN!!!!

/sarcasm.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:13 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I always thought the top of the dashboard and center console felt cheap. The way I look at it, Ford put emphasis on performance not comfort. What other car for under $30k offers similar performance but a better interior.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

I didn't think it was that bad at all. I have the IUP with the "charcoal" dash. Spice it up with a few bits from MGW and some door trim welt and I think it looks really good!
Old 08-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s2k

Now i was sitting in my stang yesterday and thought about something. The interior is real nice. I have the IUP but everything is black/black. The steering wheel feels nice and everything from the vents to the shaker 500 I think looks sweet as hell. I dont get why everyone throws the word cheap plastic around so freely while they are buying a pony car expecting a bmw. I just had to rant as I think our stangs priced at 24-27k is the best buy for anyone looking for power AND LOOKS.
I have the silver IUP and think the interior looks amazing, especailly compared to previous Mustangs. But if you look at the base interior without the IUP you'll know why the word plastic is used a lot.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:24 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I love my interior and I dont find it cheap at all, especially considering what I paid (29k) for it. I do have to admit, that when Ford put leatherwrapped dashes on the 07 and up, it did look a hell of a lot better than mine, and I am sure it was not a huge cost involved or else they would not have done it. But hell, Im to busy concentrating on the road most of the time anyway to really care anyway. I love our carsand I know I can not stop staring at mine, as if Im in love.

Quick Reply: Our mustangs