Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple Install: Flashing the PCM?

Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Taboo
1st Gear Member

Default Whipple Install: Flashing the PCM?

Ok, so my Whipple has cleared customs and the install should start this weekend...PCM question: the install manual says, "...enclosed with the instructions, is a PCM calibration sheet. Fill this sheet out and send it with your PCM to Whipple Superchargers. Whipple will overnight this back to you."

Searching the forumyielded me this: https://mustangforums.com/m_3141518/tm.htm

And an e-mail from Mike @ Whipple yielded me this: "There should be a yellow voucher in with the instructions that you will use to register for the flash tool from the Ford Racing website."

Somewhere between the 3 options is the correct one - anyone??????
Old 08-23-2007, 03:14 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Whipple Install: Flashing the PCM?

Mmmmm, Whipple goodness.
so
much
power!
Old 08-23-2007, 03:17 PM
doctorstrobe
2nd Gear Member

Hi,

There is a yellow sheet of paper with the supercharger that has a voucher number and instructions on how to get your tuner.
You do have to remove your PCM module from the car but only to get some numbers off of a label on the back side of it. It's not just the 4 letter code on top, there's another
code on the other label...
Basically you register the supercharger and order the tune at the same time. You have to pick various options, etc. Fuel octane, tire circumference,... can't remember all of them.

Then you just have to wait for the tuner to arrive. Mine only took two days to get it. I didn't even have the thing installed yet...

What you get is a small black box with a cable that plugs into the data port.
The tuner is very slow. It took 5 minutes or so to actually flash the computer. I recommend following their directions and hooking a battery charger to the battery during programming! If you have the intercooled system the intercooler pump will be running, etc and it could drain the battery and 'brick' the PCM.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Taboo
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doctorstrobe

Hi,

There is a yellow sheet of paper with the supercharger that has a voucher number and instructions on how to get your tuner.
You do have to remove your PCM module from the car but only to get some numbers off of a label on the back side of it. It's not just the 4 letter code on top, there's another
code on the other label...
Basically you register the supercharger and order the tune at the same time. You have to pick various options, etc. Fuel octane, tire circumference,... can't remember all of them.

Then you just have to wait for the tuner to arrive. Mine only took two days to get it. I didn't even have the thing installed yet...

What you get is a small black box with a cable that plugs into the data port.
The tuner is very slow. It took 5 minutes or so to actually flash the computer. I recommend following their directions and hooking a battery charger to the battery during programming! If you have the intercooled system the intercooler pump will be running, etc and it could drain the battery and 'brick' the PCM.

Thanks for the reply....EXACTLY what I needed to know!!!