Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.10 or 3.73

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 4.10 or 3.73

and here I thought I would need popcorn for this thread.....[8D]
Old 08-26-2007, 11:29 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

ORIGINAL: azstanglover

Changing gears doesn't require a tune. But if you don't get the computer changed to reflect that you have the new gears then your speedometer and odometer will be off. You can get Ford to change the computer for you so that your speedometer and odometer won't be off for you or you can get a tuner and do it yourself. If you have Ford do it all they will change is what gear your car has and that's it. If you get the tuner and do it yourself not only will it correct your speedometer and odometer but you will have the extra added benefits of a new tune.
wrooooong! Ford doesnt fix it. trust me i just took my car to them like 2months ago....gotta get it tuned or get a speedcal...people, please dont post if you dont know...i had a letter direct from FoMoCo saying that they can not recalibrate for different gear size
Old 08-26-2007, 12:08 PM
ryterngki
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99BlackPonyGT

Changing gears doesn't require a tune. But if you don't get the computer changed to reflect that you have the new gears then your speedometer and odometer will be off. You can get Ford to change the computer for you so that your speedometer and odometer won't be off for you or you can get a tuner and do it yourself. If you have Ford do it all they will change is what gear your car has and that's it. If you get the tuner and do it yourself not only will it correct your speedometer and odometer but you will have the extra added benefits of a new tune.
wrooooong! Ford doesnt fix it. trust me i just took my car to them like 2months ago....gotta get it tuned or get a speedcal...people, please dont post if you dont know...i had a letter direct from FoMoCo saying that they can not recalibrate for different gear size
Ford WILL make note in their computer that your Mustang has been altered and will consider this should you need warranty work. Best to get a tuner and re-cal yourself.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Cory70
2nd Gear Member

@ mudbus

get ur shiz straight kid
http://imageshack.us

*note there is no space between the S and the [ to make it work...idk why u would want to link image shack but to each his own i guess
Old 08-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ryterngki

ORIGINAL: 99BlackPonyGT

Ford WILL make note in their computer that your Mustang has been altered and will consider this should you need warranty work. Best to get a tuner and re-cal yourself.

hmmm thats interesting to me that all the aftermarket people can change the computer settings but ford(the MFG) cannot?

I dont believe it.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

ford wants ANY reason possible to deny you warranty work. changing gears is a good reason, not to mention why would they calibrate the speedometer for gears they didn't install? that's like probably 10+ hours on the book to swap gears.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Well I guess it is different but I had dealers falling over themselves to install my gears for me and still cover the warranty work. I'll be taking it to a shop thats been recommended to me and does work for one of the local dealerships so its no matter my warrant would be toast anyways on the powertrain atleast.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Well I guess it is different but I had dealers falling over themselves to install my gears for me and still cover the warranty work. I'll be taking it to a shop thats been recommended to me and does work for one of the local dealerships so its no matter my warrant would be toast anyways on the powertrain atleast.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:47 PM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

if yer allz boutz that there street racerz then run some dem 5:56 gears and you will be the winnar forev yo
Old 08-26-2007, 02:54 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: dc_mann8

if yer allz boutz that there street racerz then run some dem 5:56 gears and you will be the winnar forev yo
yeah I think I'll do that and top end at 100 mph (maybe less)

Quick Reply: 4.10 or 3.73